Capstone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 / 2019 Nissan Leaf
Guys,
i will sell my LE reservation at a reasonable price. I have been holding on to it because like others I just love the truck but I can’t slip by 2021. Was March 2020 pre order but as others have noted your timing for delivery would depend on your location. No greed and under 5k. I just trying to come to grips after watching the growth of this rig for 2 years now. I was hoping it was a over promise and earlier delivery but being in Canada doesn’t look like that will happen. Just don’t want to cancel a LE because then no one can get it back. If anyone is interested just PM me.

Reactions: Rad

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Kyle Conner of Out of Spec just said he's going to purchase a used one/skip the line when someone gets bored so reach out to him lol!

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Smart idea. Minus not telling the wife. That was not a smart idea.
…Never ask for permission, always beg for forgiveness. She would’ve said no. Unfortunately, she’s probably right (as usual). I have a hunch that I won’t be using this reservation and I’ll be letting my brother take it.

Rivian Customer Support told me it was ok. Got to attend first mile drive event after transferring a LE reservation to me.
Terms say it’s not allowed without their permission, but guy who transferred his reservation to me said he asked Rivian if he could transfer to a friend — before he offered it up online. Apparently they said sure, just change all the necessary info in the account. Nothing is finalized or locked in until they confirm your build.

Those of you looking to acquire LE reservations should probably consider that a change in location and configuration can alter the estimated delivery. For better or worse, I suppose. Since some have asked me privately where I found mine, it was in a local Tesla facebook group. So being a local transaction probably has no impact on it. And he already had it configured as launch green with BM interior so I left that alone and the only config change I made was to add crossbars.

Jafresh

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE LG, 2023 R1S LE El Cap
Occupation
Concrete Polisher
Sometimes when my wife and I are at dinner, and the waiter asks if dessert If desired, I will say "there's no harm in hearing the menu!" It could be viewed as gluttonous or greedy but I just like dessert. But seriously I see no harm selling a reservation if its mutually beneficial and Rivian allows it.
I have 2 Reservations, one a R1T LE 2022 March/April slot I would entertain offers on, as today I looked closer at the Ford Lightning. I'm in construction and the 240 outlet, larger bed, and camera at the hitch are compelling for me to consider since I often pull a trailer. DM me if interested.

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I would be interested in purchasing an R1S LE spot. I’m stuck because I need to replace my existing car and would likely have to purchase a temporary car until my likely 2023 delivery date. Please DM if you can help.
Something interesting about LE reservations I discovered a couple of weeks ago that I don't think is well-known: you can change the model and retain LE status. I was mulling the idea of switching my LE R1T reservation to an R1S, but I figured I would lose LE. Out of curiosity I opened the configurator and discovered I could select an LE R1S. Makes my decision that much harder, but it's cool that it's allowed. Of course it will likely affect the delivery window.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Terms say it’s not allowed without their permission, but guy who transferred his reservation to me said he asked Rivian if he could transfer to a friend — before he offered it up online. Apparently they said sure, just change all the necessary info in the account. Nothing is finalized or locked in until they confirm your build.
You might want to check your Configuration Summary/Deposit Paid (Payment details) and see what's there. I'm not sure if it will update, or not. I don't see how it could. If it were me, I would want permission granted, from Rivian, in writing. If I were representing Rivian, at a minimum, I would want a notarized signature from the original pre-order holder authorizing the transfer and would charge a fee for doing so. That said, I hope you're correct. Your transaction was much easier.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Guys,
i will sell my LE reservation at a reasonable price. I have been holding on to it because like others I just love the truck but I can’t slip by 2021. Was March 2020 pre order but as others have noted your timing for delivery would depend on your location. No greed and under 5k. I just trying to come to grips after watching the growth of this rig for 2 years now. I was hoping it was a over promise and earlier delivery but being in Canada doesn’t look like that will happen. Just don’t want to cancel a LE because then no one can get it back. If anyone is interested just PM me.
Absolutely interested! Please let me know if we can work something out.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
You might want to check your Configuration Summary/Deposit Paid (Payment details) and see what's there. I'm not sure if it will update, or not. I don't see how it could. If it were me, I would want permission granted, from Rivian, in writing. If I were representing Rivian, at a minimum, I would want a notarized signature from the original pre-order holder authorizing the transfer and would charge a fee for doing so. That said, I hope you're correct. Your transaction was much easier.
Everything is in order as far as I can tell. I’m going to ask Rivian a question or two come Monday. We did a simple bill of sale/contract for the transfer and if there’s any difficulty with the transfer, he‘s supposed to assist or refund me. As for the deposit payment, it still shows the seller’s email as to where the receipt was sent and the last 4 digits of the card he used. The gift shipping address as well as all the main account name, address, phone, vehicle delivery address, etc.. has updated with my new info. No different than for anyone else who has changed credit cards or email address or moved within the last couple years since making a reservation. Seller didn’t even have his full name in the account to begin with and would have to change that anyway. Just a nickname that he goes by and a last initial. Oddly enough, my own original reservation has my name on the account, but my wife’s name and card on the payment receipt and my previous office address…. So…. And actually reading through the reservation agreement online that’s linked to the payment info, there’s nothing in there currently about no transfers. It says no resellers or dealers, implying for the vehicle itself in article 14. 13 states that we are not able to assign our rights granted by the preorder without written consent from Rivian, so perhaps they’re looking to grant permission, but nowhere does it say that they will not or that we can’t transfer or reassign.

I know I put the cart before the horse on this, as it seems many here are willing to do. Like I said, I’ll ask a few questions on Monday.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
.......Like I said, I’ll ask a few questions on Monday.
Thanks. Please let us know how it turns out. I hope it turns out well for you.

Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks. Please let us know how it turns out. I hope it turns out well for you.
For anybody who is curious here is a chat transcript on the topic.

Hi TK,

Here is a copy of the chat transcript of our conversation from this moring 11/12/2021.

SYSTEM MESSAGE : Veronika has joined the chat
Agent • 6 • 7

Hi TK, thank you for chatting with Rivian today! My name is Veronika, how can I help you?
Agent • 7 • 8

Good morning
Customer • 8 • 9

Is it possible for somebody to pass on their existing reservation to somebody else? And if so would Rivian honor it?
Customer • 9 • 10

The only way to be able to do something like that is for you to take delivery and then at that time put their name on the title.
Agent • 10 • 11

So if somebody handed over their account and changed the email, password, etc that wouldn’t work?
Customer • 11 • 12

With handing over of the title, would it be delivered to the new person? Or would it be a resale?
Customer • 12 • 13

Oh it looks as if I was mistaken, I apologize! If you log into your account you can change the information to the persons information that you want to hand the preorder over to.
Agent • 13 • 14

And Rivian would be Ok with that?
Customer • 14 • 15

Yes, we just can't do it on our end for security reasons but its not an issue if you go in and change all the information for someone else to take over the preorder.
Agent • 15 • 16

Thanks have a good morning.
Customer • 16 • 17

Thank you again for chatting in with Rivian today, feel free to reach out to us through email, chat, or phone. Have an adventurous day!
Agent • 17 • 18

SYSTEM MESSAGE : Veronika left the chat
Agent • 18 • 19

SYSTEM MESSAGE : chat ended
Agent • 19 • 20

Your fellow adventurer,

Veronika
Mon-Fri: 7:00am-8:00pm CST
Sat-Sun: 7:00am-3:30pm CST

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I was going to wait until Monday before asking, but sitting here with nothing to do I called. Got the same general info -- they don't care what we do with our reservations/accounts, change any or all information. There is nothing locking these accounts to anyone at this time until they move to confirm orders and get all the pertinent info. In actuality it's very much a don't ask, don't tell situation.

They can not make changes on their end to customer reservations or accounts, nor will they facilitate any transfers on their end. They don't care if we change info to assign/transfer to someone else, however they don't want to see a huge market for this sort of thing. Beyond that they really didn't want to talk about any of it.

Oh, and significant changes to configuration and/or delivery location could have a major impact on delivery timing. I think that was their somewhat veiled 'caveat emptor' meaning that if you assume someone else's reservation, you may not get what you think you're getting.

They had no official info at this time on max pack timing, priority or deliveries. All pre-orders should receive email contact with estimated delivery time frame by the end of this year. So nothing new to share on that.

CL16

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc90
I’m willing to pay $5k for an earlier LE R1S reservation if someone is looking to cancel/doesn’t mind waiting. Message me if your interested.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was going to wait until Monday before asking, but sitting here with nothing to do I called. Got the same general info -- they don't care what we do with our reservations/accounts, change any or all information. There is nothing locking these accounts to anyone at this time until they move to confirm orders and get all the pertinent info. In actuality it's very much a don't ask, don't tell situation.
This is good to know. Thanks. My other question would be: What keeps the original deposit holder from requesting his deposit back? You don't have to go through your account, you simply send in an email request. The deposit information can't be changed. I doubt very seriously something like this would happen, but can it?

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
This is good to know. Thanks. My other question would be: What keeps the original deposit holder from requesting his deposit back? You don't have to go through your account, you simply send in an email request. The deposit information can't be changed. I doubt very seriously something like this would happen, but can it?
That’s a great question regarding the deposit. In my situation I’m not worried about such things as the guy I made the deal with is local and we’re still chatting on other things. So I’m lucky in that regard.
Sponsored