Sponsored

Looking to purchase your Launch Edition

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
At this point everything is rumors. Haven’t gotten any info from Ford directly regarding the matter. I emailed my dealer this AM for info, though I’m expecting little to come of it.

Much the same could be said of Rivian regarding the ordering, reservation, and delivery process. LE orders have just been given a 1-2 month window, but the rest of us are still left wondering. And no one should be explicitly counting on those delivery estimates, anyway, just look at the people that had October and November deliveries.

I expect I could receive a Lightning in Spring/Summer 2022 whereas my R1S is probably mid-late 2023.
I was referring to the official communication that was sent to all dealers and leaked, which made it seem like a lottery with no definitive way to establish expectations. Dealers themselves have told customers they have no idea when they should expect to receive their truck.
Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
....The dealers put friends, relatives, higher paying customers, etc. in front of other reservation holders.
.....possibly even employees and ex-employees.

My opinion is this is one of the good things with the "new" way cars are sold direct to customers without the dealers like Rivian and Tesla are doing.
I hope you're right. I don't know anything about Tesla, but I do Rivian. Maybe we'll know more tomorrow late.

blooter

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Canyon, 2005 Chevy SSR
Occupation
Realtor
I would also purchase a reservation for an early LE. Can these orders change color or are they all green?

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would also purchase a reservation for an early LE. Can these orders change color or are they all green?
They can be any color, but there is an additional charge for colors other than White or Silver.

blooter

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 GMC Canyon, 2005 Chevy SSR
Occupation
Realtor
They can be any color, but there is an additional charge for colors other than White or Silver.
Thanks for reply. I want white. I assume you cannot get the max pack on the LE either?

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for reply. I want white. I assume you cannot get the max pack on the LE either?
You're welcome......That's correct. The LE is only available with the Large Pack. Not the Max Pack.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

That's correct. The LE is only available with the Large Pack. Not the Max Pack.
and the L.E.'s been sold-out (or reserved-out)

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
and the L.E.'s been sold-out (or reserved-out)
True. I think he may be wanting to purchase an existing pre-order, or at least that's what I gathered being the title of this thread, but I could be mistaken.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

For anyone considering this and looking for data points, I’ve had someone on another platform offer to buy my Lightning reservation for $2k and quite a lot of other interest.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Going to be really tricky to sell/transfer a Lightning reservation. It’s more of a just take delivery of the truck and then sell it situation. Same with the Hummer EV. No reason such things can‘t be worked out ahead of time, but I don’t think a reservation is that great of a bargaining chip to be honest. If you’re confirmed in the first wave with an actual truck order, that’s something to bargain with.

Sponsored

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
Definitely there will be a few LE Green reservation holders that cannot afford , or for some other reason not be able to actually finalize their purchase when their delivery date arrives. with a minimum effort you should be able to get one of these reservation or order slots - esp if one is willing to pay a slight premium to the seller

Iaff867

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda
Occupation
Don’t work
Just got my confirmation today that I am expecting delivery march-april 2022. I am willing to sell my spot for 30k. Already confirmed we can change delivery name and address and payment info in the reservation. Launch edition R1T. Able to still change color and options it seems as well.
I’m very interested on your deal how can I contact you privately