First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Just happened to me too. My charge was fully complete and the moment I started to disconnect it closed. Yikes.
R1S owner here. Updated yesterday well within the 80 minutes, then plugged in for a scheduled charge at midnight. This morning disconnected as usual with no issue with charge port door. Is my vehicle unique?
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
R1S owner here. Updated yesterday well within the 80 minutes, then plugged in for a scheduled charge at midnight. This morning disconnected as usual with no issue with charge port door. Is my vehicle unique?
My truck did not do this yesterday but it did this morning.

also everyone is submitting service requests for this right?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Not likely. Mine was operating fine after the update (3 or 4 times unplugging), staying open until I closed it. Then, this morning, BAM! closed on its own right after unplugging. I have been quick with my motions (thanks to this forum!) so it didn't get me. But I need to make sure I warn my wife...

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Not likely. Mine was operating fine after the update (3 or 4 times unplugging), staying open until I closed it. Then, this morning, BAM! closed on its own right after unplugging. I have been quick with my motions (thanks to this forum!) so it didn't get me. But I need to make sure I warn my wife...
……..well, I’ve been warned. Thanks guys!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I haven't had this happen since the update but I'll keep an eye out.

Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Phone key proximity still an issue . . . still waiting by the door for it to recognize my phone in my hand and unlock the door.
The un-lock delay happened to me yesterday with phone in hand (unusual for me). I accidentally touched the closed handle with my free hand. Immediate unlock. Tested a second time. Same result. So I don't *think* random timing/chance.

I'll be monitoring and would appreciate anyone else can confirm that touching the closed handle dure a delay causes an immediate unlock.

Quite possibly was just finally unlocked. But it did not appear so on these two instances.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
My charging port door worked as advertised this morning... all good! It remained open until I shifted into gear - then closed automatically. It does appear the update increased the closure speed of the door.
I think the speed of door is directly related to 12v system state of charge.

Mine tried to chomp my fingers again today....but I was ready for it....and said...maybe next time my freind!

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Same here - I grabbed higher up on the handle further away from the door and went fast this morning. Good thing as it slammed shut barely clearing the end of the plug

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Mine has been normal too (no changes with new update)

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
well it just happened to me. I actually have mobile service coming to my house to update my software to reflect that I put the 21" wheels back on. When I went to unplug, as soon as I hit the release lever on the charging handle, the door tried to close. Now the charge port door is half closed firmly against the charger handle and I can't unplug it. Nor can I get the charge port door to open back up, the UI has it grayed out because it's plugged in and the button on the outside of the vehicle does nothing. I look forward to seeing what the mobile tech says

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm not submitting a service ticket for a fast charge port door - just gotta be quick on the draw!! BOOM!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I'm not submitting a service ticket for a fast charge port door - just gotta be quick on the draw!! BOOM!
They should know the issue to be able to fix it.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Truck was delivered with 2023.2.3 yesterday and installed 2023.6.2 when I got it home. This afternoon 2023.10.1 showed up and installed it.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I did a vehicle restart yesterday before plugging in for the night and this morning my charge port stayed open as the OTA states, until drive or manually close.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Was quick on the draw again this morning. Gripped with hand well back of the door, thumb just at the back end of the lever where it isn't in door range. Lighting quick I pulled the plug out. Door stayed open today (note, that's been the usual behavior for my truck for the last year - I've probably only had the door close 3-4 times at unplugging over a year)
Sponsored