First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
But where is the temperature control? It would be super surprising not to just be able to set it to 70° or something like every other vehicle. I realize there likely is not a separate heat or cool unit, but other vehicles will modulate the fan speed and engage other adjustments to just make it a comfortable environment.
I share this sentiment - for a car with this price point, I would assume it would control the entire cabin via the auto method. It seems the front, middle rows fall within auto. Rear is manual fan speed but no temperature control.
Sponsored

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
I share this sentiment - for a car with this price point, I would assume it would control the entire cabin via the auto method. It seems the front, middle rows fall within auto. Rear is manual fan speed but no temperature control.
100%! Hopefully this is just a step in that direction. I mean seriously this is the rear control a 2005 Odyssey…18 years ago:
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 1680014742298

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
same experience for me this morning... caught me off guard. I'm hoping that was a one-off occurrence after waking from the update cycle. We'll see tomorrow morning...
Same

QGessner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Hmmm fixed a “very rare” issue, which drained the 12V battery. 🤔
Yea, makes me think that there are other "rare issues" with the 12 volt battery system which remain undiscovered. Time will tell if they have nipped this serious issue in the bud.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Another bug post update— while cycling through favorite radio stations while on the map screen the panel that displays the station as well as the small pop up on the driver display would not change— essentially showing the wrong station playing. Will try an infotainment reset but what a weird bug.

Last edited:

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Mine was charging while updating last night. When complete I went to unplug and the charge door shut on the plug. Had to touch the sensor to open so I could actually unplug.
I was prepared after reading this thread and this morning pulled out really quickly before getting stuck with the truck for life :) :)

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I was prepared after reading this thread and this morning pulled out really quickly before getting stuck with the truck for life :) :)
lol ok it's not just my truck... It closed immediately, and faster than usual. We'll see if that continues, seems like the opposite of the description.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
lol ok it's not just my truck... It closed immediately, and faster than usual. We'll see if that continues, seems like the opposite of the description.
So glad to see others reporting the same thing. I thought about calling Service but the three times I’ve called them to report a software defect, they add it to a service ticket which gets added to my next service appointment, typically months later when said defect has been fixed or can’t be reproduced in the shop.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I ran the update yesterday afternoon successfully and plugged in to wall charger later for scheduled overnight charging.

This morning, I unplug the truck and the charger door IMMEDIATELY closes. If I had hesitated a second, it would have got my hand.

They definitely have a logic issue, especially since the update is supposed to leave the door open until you hit drive or manually close it.
Mine did same thing today. Have to pull that charger cord out quick...or Pacman gunna get the fingers. Like you said...really weird since it isn't even supposed to close on time now?

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine just stayed open after I unplugged like it was supposed to. I always wait until it is done charging or stop the charge before I unplug. Maybe if you do it quickly it is causing the unexpected closing (and also giving the potential for arcing). If you don't want to use the app or screen to stop charging, just depress the latch on the charge connector and wait a second, it will stop then (light ring will turn white if you interrupt charging, it stays green if charging stopped at the limit).

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
mine close fast when the truck was locked. I wonder if it's different if unlocked? will test tomorrow. Mine was finished charging and stting with green light.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
mine close fast when the truck was locked. I wonder if it's different if unlocked? will test tomorrow. Mine was finished charging and stting with green light.
Isn't the charger handle supposed to be locked when the truck is locked? If I'm charging at home and my truck is locked I can't remove the charger unless I unlock the truck.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I also did the updates and charging at the same time last night; but my charge port door wouldn't close. I went inside to get my fob and it was already closed when I came out with the fob.
Sponsored