Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
First time unplugging, no chop. 2nd time, chop chop. Wild west out here.
I've never had an issue with the charger door closing on me until I installed the latest update, and then it closed on my fingers.

It does look they put it through proper safety "will it chop fingers" testing as it did not chop my fingers. It was more of a "what the hell?" kind of moment.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

When 2.6 failed for you, did it flash a "12V too low" error? And does it currently say you are up to date at the previous .47 version? If so, you will probably have to have your 12V batteries replaced or serviced. At least that is what happened to me when my 2.6 update failed and then disappeared. If you call the service number on your app, they can look at your vehicle remotely and tell you if you need to have it serviced.
Yeah that's the error I received. It currently has a notification for an update, but going to updates says I'm "up to date at 2023.2.3".

I was hoping since 2023.10 has a fix for the battery stuff that they'd push it out and skip .6, but that doesn't look likely.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yeah that's the error I received. It currently has a notification for an update, but going to updates says I'm "up to date at 2023.2.3".

I was hoping since 2023.10 has a fix for the battery stuff that they'd push it out and skip .6, but that doesn't look likely.
Unfortunately, I don't think that is the case. In my case the 12V batteries both had to be replaced. Best to call Rivian Service. Good luck!! I love that the fob is now proximity controlled. Works great. And my mileage Guess-o-meter seems to be more accurate with 2023.10 so you should definitely get it updated.
Cheers

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Same here - I grabbed higher up on the handle further away from the door and went fast this morning. Good thing as it slammed shut barely clearing the end of the plug
Yep, Junk.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

I’ve been getting this “Display software error, Service vehicle soon” message ever since doing the 23.10.0 update. It pops up for a couple seconds each time I start the vehicle. Haven’t noticed anything not working properly.
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix IMG_7489

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

PAK isn’t any better for me….. I still stand there and stare at the handle like I’m using Jedi mind tricks.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
PAK isn’t any better for me….. I still stand there and stare at the handle like I’m using Jedi mind tricks.
Me too. I have to take phone out of pocket basically. I figure it must be my Samsung S20 fault since others on here say it works perfect for them.

HAL9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, R1T.
Clubs

Me too. I have to take phone out of pocket basically. I figure it must be my Samsung S20 fault since others on here say it works perfect for them.

Same here, I have to praise the sun to get it going.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Same on my iPhone 13 pro

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

iPhone SE

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I have the opposite problem. My truck doesn't seem to be going to sleep because my phone is too close no matter where I am in the house. Same at my office, it's constantly locking/unlocking.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Didn't see this news story posted anywhere yet. https://stories.rivian.com/wassym-bensaid-ota-software-vertical-integration

Wassym: The 10.1 update we just deployed. Earlier this year, our data team was analyzing telemetry insights trying to figure out why in rare cases our low voltage battery was depleting. They identified a correlation between specific driving use cases and certain hardware and software versions as the potential issue. Since it was such an edge case, reproducing it in the lab or with our beta test fleet of 800+ vehicles was insufficient. So, in a previous update, we added extra logging in the background to gain more insight on what was happening. While it was completely invisible to the customer, with that data we were able to not only confirm the issue, but quickly get to a fix. In a matter of weeks, we were able to source the issue, add more protections in the software stack, and deploy the fix. We pushed it live today.
Sounds like they actually may have solved the problem here. Will be curious how many people have 12V issues going forward.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs