Sponsored

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

I see album art, the current track info, and the currently playing playlist from ios over bluetooth.

I honestly find the album art annoying because so many are white/brightly colored, which appear blindingly bright at night.
I will add that the playlist listing of tracks seems buggy with the iPhone. Many times if I tap on a song I see in the active playlist, it plays a completely different song from the playlist.
Sponsored

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I see album art, the current track info, and the currently playing playlist from ios over bluetooth.

I honestly find the album art annoying because so many are white/brightly colored, which appear blindingly bright at night.
You can swipe the art to the right and it will disappear from the main screen. Very useful at night.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT

Ok, so it seems like the head unit doesn't work great with Android, at least with my phone. Sad since it's Android 12. Thanks for checking

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
You can swipe the art to the right and it will disappear from the main screen. Very useful at night.
Yeah, I'll pile onto my complaint by saying, while the popover can be dismissed, it also loves to invite itself back.

I wish there were simple media controls in the top or bottom tray similar to the other quick access stuff rather than an annoying and distracting popover with album art that's constantly inviting itself to the party but never leaving on its own.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Anyone know if Rivian is offering extended warranties past the 5yr/60K B2B, 8yr/175K Batt. &drive unit? If so what are the terms?

Sponsored

Grizzer0117

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
With a premium account, can you "download" Spotify Playlists to play offline or is it strictly streaming only?

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Ok, I can’t figure out how to see/play playlists from an iPhone from the Rivian screen. Is it possible? All I can seem to do is play a long list of random songs from my iPhone which is frustrating.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Am I the only one who rubs up against the weatherstripping at the bottom of the door when exiting? I swear I pull it out of the channel at least once per day.

:confused:

Sponsored

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Am I the only one who rubs up against the weatherstripping at the bottom of the door when exiting? I swear I pull it out of the channel at least once per day.

:confused:
Wife did that yesterday, came into the house saying something was “wrong” with the car. Not hard to put back in but surprising how easy it comes out.

Edit, I’ll save y’all the trouble 🤦‍♂️

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! 1652678610997

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Ok, I can’t figure out how to see/play playlists from an iPhone from the Rivian screen. Is it possible? All I can seem to do is play a long list of random songs from my iPhone which is frustrating.
Currently can not select a playlist from infotainment. You must do so from your phone. You can select individual tracks from that playlist on the infotainment screen

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Besides the UFO noise pumped out when driving, I've heard two noises that the Rivian makes. One is the bird chirp when the vehicle locks. There is another noise too - it's hard to describe but sounds kind of like someone playing notes on a xylophone maybe... It happens at seemingly random times after I get out of the vehicle but am still close by (like getting ready to charge it in the garage for instance). Can anyone tell me what that noise means?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Besides the UFO noise pumped out when driving, I've heard two noises that the Rivian makes. One is the bird chirp when the vehicle locks. There is another noise too - it's hard to describe but sounds kind of like someone playing notes on a xylophone maybe... It happens at seemingly random times after I get out of the vehicle but am still close by (like getting ready to charge it in the garage for instance). Can anyone tell me what that noise means?
I think it means there is a key inside the vehicle. PAK maybe.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I think that's key left in or person left in - have heard that a few times.

One that I've heard mine make a noise when it has been asleep for a bit and I walk up to it. I can't describe it, besides a straight digital bloop
Sponsored