Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

A little bug I just noticed is that the Nav seems to think that there aren't chargers available along some routes, but if you search for a shorter distance along the same route it will find them. For example: Seattle to San Fran it doesn't recognize any chargers and says I'd run out of energy south of Portland. But if navigate to Salem, it finds and adds a chargers in Portland. It doesn't seem to be an issue with distance either, as it fails Seattle to Glacier, but works with Seattle to Boise.

Anyone else notice this? Software 2022.15.0.
Honestly I think in the case of longer trips the Rivian Nav finds the shortest route and then looks for chargers along it. Just a hunch.

For example when I was in Flagstaff I was trying to have it navigate me back to Portland and it showed me the fastest route and gave me a warning ā€œThere are not many fast chargers along this routeā€. If thatā€˜s the case not sure how I got there in the first place :)

Another example when going from San Francisco to Sandy it wanted me to take 97 and hit obscure charging spots in Klamath Falls and Madras rather than just taking i5 and a string of EA chargers back to Portland.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Honestly I think in the case of longer trips the Rivian Nav finds the shortest route and then looks for chargers along it. Just a hunch.

For example when I was in Flagstaff I was trying to have it navigate me back to Portland and it showed me the fastest route and gave me a warning ā€œThere are not many fast chargers along this routeā€. If thatā€˜s the case not sure how I got there in the first place :)

Another example when going from San Francisco to Sandy it wanted me to take 97 and hit obscure charging spots in Klamath Falls and Madras rather than just taking i5 and a string of EA chargers back to Portland.
Right, but even if the shorter route has chargers, it doesn't seem to pick them up in some instances. The Seattle to SF was still routing along I5. Just curious how wide spread it may be.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Also if you use conserve. Iā€™m at nearly 5k miles and I am considering a rotation.
Funny you mention this. When I was picking up my R1T last week, the employee who was working with me recommended against using Conserve regularly. He said one of their managers drove in Conserve almost exclusively (no charger at home) and didn't rotate at 5,000 miles. By 10,000 the front tires were significantly more worn than the rear.

Virgil T2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, CR, 22s, 2017 Model X, R1S preorder
Anyone know if tow mode can be manually changed to all purpose mode so we can use Driver+ while towing? I tow my jetski with my Model X and can turn off tow mode while doing so so I can use autopilot, really helps with long drives out to the Colorado river.

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Is it possible to leave the hvac system running while you leave for vehicle for a short period of time? If so how? The app, or center console? Thanks!

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Have you heard about the membership costs? What it currently provides and will in the future. Is it free for a year, how much will cost in the future?
The S-1 had said they anticipate 5500 in revenue from membership. With first year free and lifetime of vehicle stated to be 10 years - would estimate that at S-1 time, they thought it would be roughly 500/year
But, nothing is written in stone and so we shall see at some point

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Just a FYI, took a pretty big rock off the windshield today on the freeway. Lucky it's just a chip but to get Safelite to fill it you actually have to call them. Rivian isn't in their system, well maybe it is now since I got an appointment scheduled, but it wasn't earlier today.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Is it possible to leave the hvac system running while you leave for vehicle for a short period of time? If so how? The app, or center console? Thanks!
RJ said in a tweet or Instagram reply that a dog mode will be added to leave the HVAC on when leaving the vehicle. I hope itā€™s a simple as Teslaā€™s.

barsaec

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, RAM EcoDiesel, Range Rover Classic
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

RJ said in a tweet or Instagram reply that a dog mode will be added to leave the HVAC on when leaving the vehicle. I hope itā€™s a simple as Teslaā€™s.
any idea when?

Sponsored

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

(musing aloud here no judgement to you, you just got me thinking a lot)
While I really hope it is implemented s00n (before my max pack order delivery next year)
I question sometimes how realistic some people are with feature timeline expectations and the mental gymnastics when comparing to Tesla
if my google-fu is correct Dog mode was released early 2019.
Even now, they are just barely suggesting in an upcoming (or very recent) update that you can activate from the app.
That means it took at least 7 years (if you start from model S, the flagship tesla launch) before dog mode was introduced.
And it'll be/ has been ~3 years to make dog mode app integrated.

Again, I am really hopeful for rapid integration but It'll be entertaining to see how a truck that has been available less than a a year is getting/will get dunked on for missing a "key" feature
(and then once it is available, if it doesn't have parity with Tesla options/ app support) how many will talk about how unacceptable it is and how Rivian is so poorly managed
(hopefully we can get another call to fire the CEO over it :D )

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I took delivery last week and was wondering how the registration process works. My guide does not seem to know. Will it just show up one day by mail? Is there a registration department to contact for questions? I wanted to transfer my Tesla Model 3 tag to the Rivian but guide unsure if you can transfer car to truck plate in Florida. Thanks.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
(musing aloud here no judgement to you, you just got me thinking a lot)
While I really hope it is implemented s00n (before my max pack order delivery next year)
I question sometimes how realistic some people are with feature timeline expectations and the mental gymnastics when comparing to Tesla
if my google-fu is correct Dog mode was released early 2019.
Even now, they are just barely suggesting in an upcoming (or very recent) update that you can activate from the app.
That means it took at least 7 years (if you start from model S, the flagship tesla launch) before dog mode was introduced.
And it'll be/ has been ~3 years to make dog mode app integrated.

Again, I am really hopeful for rapid integration but It'll be entertaining to see how a truck that has been available less than a a year is getting/will get dunked on for missing a "key" feature
(and then once it is available, if it doesn't have parity with Tesla options/ app support) how many will talk about how unacceptable it is and how Rivian is so poorly managed
(hopefully we can get another call to fire the CEO over it :D )
Not having to come up with the idea and design the implementation logic really saves a lot of time.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Not having to come up with the idea and design the implementation logic really saves a lot of time.
huh?

how is keeping the climate controls enabled an idea or an implementation logic?

The novelty is the display screen showing a dog and the cabin climate in big text so people outside know that the animal is safe.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
huh?

how is keeping the climate controls enabled an idea or an implementation logic?

The novelty is the display screen showing a dog and the cabin climate in big text so people outside know that the animal is safe.
It's not like it took 7yrs of work for Tesla to implement nor has it been a standard feature for decades. I bet the time from idea to implementation was pretty low. Is the logic complicated? No but I'm sure there was some effort spent figuring out all the idiosyncrasies (temperature, timeouts, lock situation, screen graphics, etc). Rivian can take what Tesla implemented (assuming there's no patent) and implement the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's implemented pretty soon.
Sponsored