First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
Once I put my R1T in Park, is there anyway to avoid having to pull the door handle twice to open the doors from the inside?
Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Once I put my R1T in Park, is there anyway to avoid having to pull the door handle twice to open the doors from the inside?
Yes. Check your vehicle settings for "Action on Park" or similar and set it to unlock all doors.

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired

boredcleaner

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Model 3, R1T VIN 34XX LE Glacier White
Occupation
Engineer
If I may ask, who are you using for this service? Also, how much are they charging for clear bra on just the front? I am considering doing this as well. Thanks!
If anyone in the Bay Area is looking (especially the East Bay), check out http://www.paintprotectionconcepts.com The website sucks, so email/call. Dylan is great to work with.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
600 lbs. Still waiting on the bike. Weight for the bike is 562 lbs, so it'll be interesting.
guess that's not an option for my BMW - it's 615.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Don’t know if it’s been asked yet but here’s my question:
What kind of paid subscriptions are offered and or needed from Rivian for the R1T/R1S?
In investor discussions Rivian talks a lot about improving margins through post sales revenue. So they have plans for your money. It's just not obvious yet how they will get it.

They will certainly eventually have a premium connectivity subscription. They may have a RAN subscription fee. They do plan lots of high margin vehicle add-ons if they can get them built.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just signed the PBA on my R1T order this week and will be giving up my Model 3 to make it happen. Please don't flame me, but I'm curious if anyone has made the change to an R1T and had any regrets? I ask because my Model 3 does so many things well and I have some concerns that I might really miss some of them (excellent voice nav, voice commands in general, autopilot). My hope is the R1T can provide those things AND everything else I'm looking for from it, like a larger/taller vehicle with a more upright seating position, more space, more refined (and quiet) ride, craftsmanship, utility of truck, etc. I know I risk being immediately downvoted by even raising this question, but it's an honest concern/question that I'd really like to hear from current R1T owners about. Any insights, regrets or feedback you'd be willing to share would be appreciated.
I’ll disagree with some others here. I can only think of two things you will miss about your Model 3:

- energy consumption, you will only get 2 mi/kWh or so in the R1T
- parking in small spaces or parking garages, even getting into some charging locations in busy parking lots

I would argue the truck can otherwise do anything that the Tesla can. Not that I owned a Tesla but comparing to the EV6 I was driving before my R1T was delivered.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The subscription model will be a great revenue stream for Rivian. I'm a bit surprised that it's not up and running already.

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone else getting this while using the app as a key? Pixel 6

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! PXL_20220507_220247339

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Anyone else getting this while using the app as a key? Pixel 6

PXL_20220507_220247339.jpg
Had that once with an iPhone - believe it was 2022.11 for me. Had left the family in the truck with my phone in it. Got out and made a purchase - was out for 5 mins tops. When I got back in, it wanted the keycard to activate.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Is there a purely mechanical way to open driver and passenger doors from outside and especially from inside? In case Russians got into a software update and decided to lock the doors and barbecue me by setting the battery pack on fire 🔥 . Or if for a less dramatic reason electronics crap out.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Question, when using bluetooth audio, does the album art show? Does track listing show?

My android phone sort of shows the track listings but they say "unknown" until they are played. I get zero album art.

Curious what iphone users are getting.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Is there a purely mechanical way to open driver and passenger doors from outside and especially from inside? In case Russians got into a software update and decided to lock the doors and barbecue me by setting the battery pack on fire 🔥 . Or if for a less dramatic reason electronics crap out.
Inside, pull the handle twice. Outside…get a bigger hammer?

Reactions: Max

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Question, when using bluetooth audio, does the album art show? Does track listing show?

My android phone sort of shows the track listings but they say "unknown" until they are played. I get zero album art.

Curious what iphone users are getting.
I see album art, the current track info, and the currently playing playlist from ios over bluetooth.

I honestly find the album art annoying because so many are white/brightly colored, which appear blindingly bright at night.
Sponsored