Sponsored

What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian?

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
Waiting - White lion
Feels like the first time - Foreigner
Slick black Cadillac - Quiet Riot
Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

My youngest on her visit to Aggieland…..
9A624786-67E9-4021-9FA9-1E107D3D5812.jpeg
Bajadahl,

What a great pic! You must be very proud. A&M is a great school with fantastic academics and a rich culture for a campus life. That said, tell her to steer clear of this guy: ;)

Rivian R1T R1S What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian? 1628541268188

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
@DuckTruck - Super proud of both my girls. And while I give @skyote a hard time about A&M we know it is an excellent school with a superior Engineering program! I really like that they let the engineering students explore multiple disciplines as freshmen before locking into a specialty. No such option with Texas. It appears we will be a house divided! Here’s a pic of my oldest who we just moved back in at Texas for her sophomore year!

Rivian R1T R1S What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian? BAB99D13-2BDD-4C49-8823-81E4999907CD

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Bajadahl,

What a great pic! You must be very proud. A&M is a great school with fantastic academics and a rich culture for a campus life. That said, tell her to steer clear of this guy: ;)

1628541268188.png
Plenty of good Aggie jokes out there, but this one should read, "Weak attempt at photoshop".

However, the reality of the true picture might might make a few Chicagoans wince.

Rivian R1T R1S What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian? Man Hat

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Tool - Right in Two :rock:

Sponsored

Iwannarivian

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Panamera 4, Wrangler, MB C250, Civic Sport
Occupation
pretending to be retired
Clubs

Feels like the First Time…Foreigner

since I’ve never driven an EV

TyrusRex

First Name
Tyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
About a year ago, I started a playlist for my bon voyage party. Soon after getting my R1T, I'll be hitting the road full time, traveling the country in my truck and a small trailer. I currently have 68 songs on the list (and counting), all either travel or destination related.

I hadn't thought about the first song in the truck. It will have to be Roll Me Away by Bob Seger.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck @cc84 , y'all better keep me posted on that trip!
I take it pictures of the pitcher won't do? Don't worry, you'll get lots of notice. ??

Man, I was up til 4:15 this morning playing on this forum, and I'm still not tired yet tonight. What a rush!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

About a year ago, I started a playlist for my bon voyage party. Soon after getting my R1T, I'll be hitting the road full time, traveling the country in my truck and a small trailer. I currently have 68 songs on the list (and counting), all either travel or destination related.

I hadn't thought about the first song in the truck. It will have to be Roll Me Away by Bob Seger.
Tyrus,

Thank you for reminding me of one of Seger's best! That will definitely make the cut for my first road trip. Hopefully for crossing Colorado on the way home from the factory pickup (if anyone is listening in Normal right now!). Given what you're going to be doing, that song is perfection.

"Took a bead on the Northern plains
And just rolled that power on"

Whenever I see one of the Continental Divide signs in the Rockies, that other great lyric pops into my head:

"Stood alone on a mountain top
Starin' out at the Great Divide
I could go East, I could go West
It was all up to me to decide".

I visited with one native Michigander at the end of the event, and while we were talking music, we ran out of time. I wanted to ask about whether he'd ever seen Seger live there. I grew up on Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels, loved Glenn Frey, and always had plenty of the Motown vinyl that got heavily played.

I hope to hear more one of these days about where you plan to meander. That sounds like a great Adventure ahead!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Plenty of good Aggie jokes out there, but this one should read, "Weak attempt at photoshop".

However, the reality of the true picture might might make a few Chicagoans wince.

Man Hat.png
I'm guessing there are plenty White Sox fans who love you for correctly identifying this poor guy.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Tempted to say “tugboat” by Galaxie 500/ “23 minutes in Brussels” by Luna, but there’s nothing like cranking up the volume on Sweet Child O Mine by GnR while you’re cruising with the windows down.

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

MJ's Billie Jean and AR Rahman's Thaiya Thaiya !

TyrusRex

First Name
Tyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I hope to hear more one of these days about where you plan to meander. That sounds like a great Adventure ahead!
Duck, I had hoped to take Amtrak to Normal and just leave from there but it doesn't look like that's going to be an option. So I echo your call to the folks in Normal!

My plans for now are to head west to San Diego, turn right and go to Washington State (possibly Alaska depending on the time of year). Then to Denver and on to West Palm Beach, FL After that I'll probably return home to mow the yard! LOL (Or at least take care of some things at home before heading out again.) There will be lots of stops along the way so I don't know if that trip will take six weeks or six months. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'd also love to see Seger at a small club in Michigan. I blame Live Bullet for my hearing problems today! LOL

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Duck, I had hoped to take Amtrak to Normal and just leave from there but it doesn't look like that's going to be an option. So I echo your call to the folks in Normal!

My plans for now are to head west to San Diego, turn right and go to Washington State (possibly Alaska depending on the time of year). Then to Denver and on to West Palm Beach, FL After that I'll probably return home to mow the yard! LOL (Or at least take care of some things at home before heading out again.) There will be lots of stops along the way so I don't know if that trip will take six weeks or six months. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'd also love to see Seger at a small club in Michigan. I blame Live Bullet for my hearing problems today! LOL
Tyrus,

Very cool plan. We have several Riviots in the Portland area, so plan to visit while you're here. I have plans for beers with one of them this week as we continue building our extended Rivian family around here. More local and regional meetups to follow.

After having seen the factory and the Engagement Center, I hope the company sponsors some sort of annual get together/campout/ "Rivaree" at the factory or nearby to bring Riviots together periodically. Being nearby and allowing tours of the factory, and maybe a little play time on the testing grounds, would really be special. I also think the town of Normal might like the chance to host something of this nature when the students aren't filling the town. It could be just like Sturgis, only different. ?

"911, What's your emergency? It's 6:30 in the morning and the crowd outside just started grinding coffee, and now they're laughing, and singing. I can't take it anymore!"

Same could work near their next facility as well. "Ft. Worth, Texas, anyone?"

When you say Seger may have helped your hearing to deteriorate, I hear you, at least a little....

Be well and keep us all posted. Yours sounds like an "Adventure To Remember". I like that your itinerary seems to be written in pencil, one with a big eraser. "You could go East, you could go West, It is all up to you to decide"

Take care,

Ducky
Sponsored