Rattles & Squeaks

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
Search on “louvers” instead of shutters.

Mine creaked like a nailed coffin. Then it got colder and they don’t make any noise at all now.
Oops, now I see that you had just posted about this! Surprised the service center didn’t fix mine, but they only got to about half of the things I had listed anyways.
Sponsored

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
My squeaks appear to be within spec based on a test drive with the service advisor but I haven't gotten the truck back yet so not sure.
Had the same experience. I have squeaks from my suspension and the service advisor says it's normal with the air suspension...

trmaier

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro Hybrid, R1T El Cap, BM
Clubs

I have a really annoying rattle that seems to be coming from behind the driver display. Hopefully Rivian can fix it.
@danielvdm Interestingly, my R1T just developed a rattle coming from behind the driver display. Did you ever get this addressed, and if so, what was the diagnosis? Thanks!

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
@danielvdm Interestingly, my R1T just developed a rattle coming from behind the driver display. Did you ever get this addressed, and if so, what was the diagnosis? Thanks!
I have something similar. Very apparent on textured or rough roads. Putting some weight on the middle of the dash seems to help. Truck is going in on Nov 29th for a dozen small issues including this one. I REALLY hope they can fix it because it tends to ruin the driving experience...

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Just developed a small vibration under hard acceleration around 45-60 mph, noticable compared to the previous 3,000 miles and pretty reproducible. Anyone else getting this?

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I have the driveline clunk and ticking under slow braking. I need to get it in to have it looked at but they LA service center is already giving up on the loaners and trying to pawn off the uber credits and a rental car from an LAX rental car location. It's annoying but I knew it would happen sooner than later. It's one thing to not have loaners, but the idea of going to an LAX rental car location is jus horrendous...

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Just developed a small vibration under hard acceleration around 45-60 mph, noticable compared to the previous 3,000 miles and pretty reproducible. Anyone else getting this?
Yes. I get same, it seems now and then. My suspicion is play in CV joints results in slightly out of center rotation of half-shaft that you can feel in steering. But...I am not an automotive engineer and I don't play one on television (or Youtube).

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
Yes. I get same, it seems now and then. My suspicion is play in CV joints results in slightly out of center rotation of half-shaft that you can feel in steering. But...I am not an automotive engineer and I don't play one on television (or Youtube).
Mine vibrates the center console enough for others to notice if I point it out to someone. Goes away after 60 even if still hard on the throttle. I'll put in service ticket

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine vibrates the center console enough for others to notice if I point it out to someone. Goes away after 60 even if still hard on the throttle. I'll put in service ticket
What is weird is I swear mine comes and goes. I thought it was gone for a while, then just showed up again a few days ago. This vehicle makes me question my sanity sometimes. I absolutely love it, but I swear it is messing with me and trying to trigger OCD like mentality at times.

danielvdm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It was fixed awhile ago but it's come back....

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Most annoying rattle for me is the underside panels next to rocker panel area....they rattle just by tapping on them.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
So I've had 3 service visits, mainly for wind noise, but each time I tagged issues for other noise issues. Here are all the issues they identified and fixed

1. Grill on front dash (near front window) wasn't tight. It would rattle. They fixed and tightened

2. Took apart door and said loose screw

3. Flashlight rattling. Apparently holder clip is broken.

4. Front passenger door had a broken fastener

5. Front passenger door had a screw that was cross threaded and screw head sheared off and was causing rattling.

I haven't gotten 3 to 5 fixed yet, but hoping that's the end of everything!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
So I've had 3 service visits, mainly for wind noise, but each time I tagged issues for other noise issues. Here are all the issues they identified and fixed

1. Grill on front dash (near front window) wasn't tight. It would rattle. They fixed and tightened

2. Took apart door and said loose screw

3. Flashlight rattling. Apparently holder clip is broken.

4. Front passenger door had a broken fastener

5. Front passenger door had a screw that was cross threaded and screw head sheared off and was causing rattling.

I haven't gotten 3 to 5 fixed yet, but hoping that's the end of everything!
Lot of issues with that door. Someone on the line was in a rush..

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Howdy All.. I believe I have found one of the major areas of rattling / clunking concern!!
I got my Rivian Saturday (June 4) and immediately noticed major rattling on the rear passenger door area while driving at 30-50mph (the speeds where you're making the vehicle really move but can still hear rattles).

Under the Rivian, on the very edges of the skid plate, there is plastic trim that runs the length of the truck just underneath the rocker panels (but underneath on the flat area). That plastic trim rattles SIGNIFICANTLY!! When you tap on it with your hand, you'll immediately notice that it's definitely the source of a lot of the rattles that we all think are coming from our suspension or rear door panels.

I'm hoping those of you who can will check this out and see if it's a universal problem for you. I can't seem to figure out how to tighten it all up because it just seems to be rattly all along those plastics panels-- not just near the fasteners.

Let me know!

Thanks all!
did you ever get this fixed? I have this and over rough roads is soo annoying!!

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
I have a pretty annoying squeak coming from the rear window area, typically when it's warmer or when the car has been sitting out in the sun. This is especially noticeable on a twisting load (like entering/leaving a ramped driveway at an angle, or turning over a speed bump, etc but I can hear it elsewhere too.

It's different from the low level suspension noise that doesn't bother me much, this is a harsh squeak that sounds like a poorly fitted window or something. Anyone had this?
Sponsored