Sponsored

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Mine is the Meridian system and the door didn’t rattle for the first 20k miles. I had a couple more minor rattles early on, but the door is out of control….
Sponsored

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Same. Under vehicle.. mid-pointish. I was originally thinking there was a metal spring clamp (maybe a boot clamp or something) rolling around on an axle shaft... i've been under there a few times looking around and shaking stuff but haven't seen anything.

I guess I need to remove some panels.
I found my noise! Took center cap off bolt / washer wasn't tight.

Rivian R1T R1S General NVH / Squeaks / Noises / Rattles Solutions Screenshot_20230627_162603_Photos

kallisti5

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I found my noise! Took center cap off bolt / washer wasn't tight.
AHHHHHH HAHAHAAHAHAHA. Mine wasn't either 🙃 Vin 8xx. Too many launches maybe. I bet these hold the axel shafts to the wheel hubs. Anyone know the torque specs?

So, clanging at slow speed ==pull your wheel hub caps and check these bolts.

Rivian R1T R1S General NVH / Squeaks / Noises / Rattles Solutions IMG_20230627_153510

Edit: Bolt back in place. I just did "Good n Tight" for now. A little concerning these bolts are backing out. Maybe the documented axel play is making them loosen?

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I believe that bolt backing out was an indication of half-shaft problems. I would definitely open a ticket for that so that Rivian is aware (there may also be an existing fix that you need). Based on previous reports from others, this seems to progress until the bolt backs completely out and pops out center cap (thus both are lost).

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone have some homegrown fixes for a rattly, rear door, panel, or a passenger seat?
Have you taken it to the service center? I had a rattle from drivers side rear panel coming from the speaker and they put some foam around it and it’s gone.

Also had noise/shaking coming from passenger seat and they fixed that too(for the most part).

Sponsored

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
Potentially nit picky here...but after all, it is a expensive/luxury purchase. Has anyone noticed a rattle/vibration sound from dashboard, dead center at bottom near windshield? Purely an interior/cabin sound issue, like plastic hitting/rattling back and forth. As if the leather dash board isn't glued or secured tightly enough.

I drive on washboard beach roads to access a cottage. I know and get these rattles, but not usually on a brand new tight car. Worth asking service? Feels like that dash should stay put and not make a sound at sub 5K miles.

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
At low speed and turning the wheel slowly, I get a creaking sound. Anyone else? I also have a couple rattles/buzzing sounds that are annoying. One source of buzzing is the A pillars by the seat belt adjuster, but that one may have gone away on its own. Can't track down the most recent one that sounds almost like something vibrating against glass...maybe something in the back, but without a passenger looking for it not sure I'll be able to locate it.
Hey! I have a super annoying buzzing and rattling noise in my driver's side seatbelt adjuster too. Did you mean B pillar? The one right near your left ear? That noise is driving me nuts. Did yours come back? Did you get it resolved?

Olaf2023

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hey! I have a super annoying buzzing and rattling noise in my driver's side seatbelt adjuster too. Did you mean B pillar? The one right near your left ear? That noise is driving me nuts. Did yours come back? Did you get it resolved?
I have that same sound on R1S I just picked up. Let me know if you diagnose or get a fix.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

Newish noise:
Since a couple of updates ago when I "wake" our T after it's been still for a while (not necessarily longer than the 30 minutes to do a true sleep cycle - sometimes just a few minutes...) it makes a strange buzzing sound from the front. It sounds like its just under the frunk tub or somewhere right between the headlights.
I usually notice the buzz at home since Proximity is turned off there so I can get closer to the T before unlocking it. But it really is waking that starts the buzz since it happens sometimes when I walk by but DON'T unlock the truck.
Anyone else hearing this? Any thoughts on whether I should be worried?
I'll try to catch a video...

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Hey Guys. Does anyone get constant creaking/squeaking noise from the drivers seat, coming from the "Rivian" silver bar area behind your back? Its pretty constant whenever I move or car moves around town. The leather is rubbing under that Rivian plate or bar.
I had the same issue when I first got my R1S and (right or wrong) I used leather cleaner on the area that was rubbing and the noise went away. My goal was to lubricate the area without hurting the vinyl. It hasn't come back.

Sponsored

OP
OP

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Potentially nit picky here...but after all, it is a expensive/luxury purchase. Has anyone noticed a rattle/vibration sound from dashboard, dead center at bottom near windshield? Purely an interior/cabin sound issue, like plastic hitting/rattling back and forth. As if the leather dash board isn't glued or secured tightly enough.

I drive on washboard beach roads to access a cottage. I know and get these rattles, but not usually on a brand new tight car. Worth asking service? Feels like that dash should stay put and not make a sound at sub 5K miles.
Mine started doing this at almost 30k. I have jammed everything I can think of between the dash speaker grill area and defrost vent...the defrost vent and windshield....I can change it...but nit eliminate it. Might go nutz and pull the whole speaker grill thing...

DC1430

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery Diesel, Porsche 911, Audi Q5e
Occupation
Finance
I had the same issue when I first got my R1S and (right or wrong) I used leather cleaner on the area that was rubbing and the noise went away. My goal was to lubricate the area without hurting the vinyl. It hasn't come back.
My seat squeak has mellowed out for now, I did put some conditioner on it, helped a bit. Rivian did do a good job fixing the other squeaks/rattles in the cabin, like the dash speaker vibration. Also, the wind noise coming in from left driver door window area. The seals around the small triangle window (exterior seals) and also the seals around the front windshield were not correct, so they addressed all, and wind noise did drop quite a bit.

TigerWuxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
My R1S has this sound as well from driver side but I couldn't find the exact location.

I have that same sound on R1S I just picked up. Let me know if you diagnose or get a fix.

Sponsored