Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Saw this today. Aftermarket wheels coming soon.

That was already previously posted, they don't make any wheel that looks good or have any off-road experience....IMO
Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I wonder what the Rivian 22's weigh with tires and whether you could save an appreciable amount of overall weight with a forged wheel.
Someone checking the weight would be a good first step. I’d be very interested in a lighter option

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

The jack points on the R1T are under four little round plastic doors, which means you are required a small diameter 2.5" metal lift point for the jack.
Any idea if the jack pucks I have for my tesla will work?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
so disappointing made in China. should have at least gone Taiwan, Quality is better and its not China
2022 Ford Raptor OEM 17” bead lock wheels are also manufactured in China.

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction A520B486-D97C-47B3-B3FE-C8831229938B

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

I emailed what I thought was the manufacturer of the forged OEM 20's and sure enough, they responded, stating yes, they are the OEM builder. I was reaching out to them to see if they would build something a bit more along the lines of a Raceline, KMC or a Method in cast, since they already have the large barrels for the Rivian.

Here is the response:

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your enquire.
We do as Rivian forged wheel supplier.
Sorry, as this forged mold only offer OEM project and can't be used for aftermarket right now.
Also as Rivian have a big caliper, we have no other blank to fit this require.
Can we do some other aftermarket wheels?
Best regards,
Carl

Zhejiang Hongxin Technology Co., Ltd

IMG_20220330_160955.jpg
Good investigation! I'm surprised the OEM responded with a straightforward answer.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Is the valving for the air suspension for front/rear only, or does it allow for raising/lowering an individual wheel? I'd love a dog-on-fire-hydrant mode for changing tires on a future update if individual wheel valving is present.
Rivian’s told me previously thst the truck will self level when parked(I.e. no levelling blocks needed with an RTT). Sounds like as with park/kneel mode, that just isn’t enabled at present.

Their head of vehicle dynamics told me it can’t do the pick up a wheel trick like a Citroen because there is so much droop travel.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I just placed the order and .......I'll be going to 9.0" width and we'll probably push out the wheels 8-10mm more for a bit more clearance on full-rake turning under compression. Initially the hub will be thicker, to allow it to be milled thinner if need be....(they have a CNC milling system in-house) This will allow for a perfect fitment with the Pirellis AT's, which btw are a fantastic tire.
Are you staying with the EV rated Pirelli AT's or at least the same size?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Are you staying with the EV rated Pirelli AT's or at least the same size?
Yes, the wheels I'm having designed and built are with the Pirellis being the tire of choice. They are 34" tall, perform great, cold weather rated and I'd be hard pressed to find a better solution at this point.

I'm simply looking for a design that is more off-road oriented in appearance and at the same time provide a foundation for any future designs, which is what it'll do. It's a 4-6 month project from what I'm told. Hope to have a couple of designs here shortly, then it can be manufactured.

Once the fitment is perfect with the OEM Pirellis, then you can build practically any design you like in the center of the wheels. That's the idea anyway. Truth is custom forged wheels are going to cost $1200 a wheel or so in the retail market......An HRE would be $1600-2000 a wheel. ...

Last edited:

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@Mark_AZR1T by chance what are the stud lengths for a possible wheel hub spacer? How long past the hub does the stud go?

Love to bump out the wheels ever so slightly in addition to some customer wheel rims.

Last edited:

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
What's the hub bore?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Any progress on this?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Any progress on this?
Just got a first rendering in black and white yesterday......center cap design coming soon.....it's a cross between a couple of wheels....the KMC (posted earlier) and Method with a beadlock look.....first rendition......build time after approving final design is 10 weeks.....

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_20220504_135033_01

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction method 305 r1t

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction KMC Wrath View 1

sizotty

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
R1T, MYP
Occupation
@theoverlandstory
Nice update! We’re they able to drop the diameter at all, or are we still looking at 20”s?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Nice update! We’re they able to drop the diameter at all, or are we still looking at 20”s?
18" no way in ........says the manufacturer....19" possible with another design layout.....

Last edited:

gemmisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Model Y, 4 Runner TRD Pro, 991.2 GT3
If I were a betting man, I would bet that most wheels you see on cars these days are made in China.
Many are. Quite a ew from Mexico. Ford F150 Lighting = Made in Korea along with the tire (20" factory one).

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_0058.JPG
Sponsored