Sponsored

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
I wonder what the Rivian 22's weigh with tires and whether you could save an appreciable amount of overall weight with a forged wheel.
Sponsored

Toha

First Name
Anton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester
Occupation
Industrial mechanic
It’s unfortunate that no other wheels fit , i was really hoping for it , what is the bore diameter, thats the only dimension no-one mentioned so far, I’d love to get truck with free wheels and buy something bronze like these fuel rims and pirelli tires. Rivian 20” are ok but the polished part I’m afraid will corrode over time , even if that was pure black would be so much better!
plese keep us posted with your project!

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction 45EE6D88-B07F-4D48-B17E-78E647EBE8D0

Last edited:

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
If I were a betting man, I would bet that most wheels you see on cars these days are made in China.
Not the end of the world but I always try to buy local whenever I can. Just brought a $10 paint brush at Ace the other day because it was made here and avoid giving money to the CCP whenever possible.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

71'. Motor swap with a Toyota 2JZGTE, Currie 9" rear-end, Nissan 370Z 6 speed gearbox....single turbo making about 800whp......fun to drive!!

1972-Chevrolet-El-Camino-ProSeries-Single-Turbo-Kit.jpg

1972-Chevrolet-El-Camino-Rear-Bumper (1).jpg
Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect

beautiful Turbo Setup! Reminds me of my Scion FRS with 443whp, ran a garrett gtx3076r

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Note on raising the vehicle to remove or change a wheel/tire.
Most air suspension vehicles require to be set in their highest setting and use a jack while leaving a door open in order to prevent self leveling.
If done in standard ride height the vehicle would simply raise itself until it couldn’t anymore and then you could lift further to free your tire from the ground.
I would assume that such a vehicle has a setting somewhere for changing a tire. If not it should be added in one of the next software updates.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Most air suspension vehicles require to be set in their highest setting and use a jack while leaving a door open in order to prevent self leveling.
If done in standard ride height the vehicle would simply raise itself until it couldn’t anymore and then you could lift further to free your tire from the ground.
I would assume that such a vehicle has a setting somewhere for changing a tire. If not it should be added in one of the next software updates.
There is a setting and the procedure is covered in the owner's guide.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

There is a setting and the procedure is covered in the owner's guide.
It's in the onscreen manual.. highest ride height setting....then tire change mode in the software...there are four jack points, which are denoted by 3" diameter round plastic covers, which gives you access to the jack points, which also means you will need a 2.5" diameter round jack accessory to get the truck off the ground....but since my R1T is missing a full size spare and all the tools for changing a tire.......:)

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
20” are ok but the polished part I’m afraid will corrode over time
The machined bits are clear coated.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

It does

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Is the valving for the air suspension for front/rear only, or does it allow for raising/lowering an individual wheel? I'd love a dog-on-fire-hydrant mode for changing tires on a future update if individual wheel valving is present.

Random sidenote: the OEM forged wheels for my car were made in the USA (Alcoa nonetheless!), then shipped halfway across the world for car assembly.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Is the valving for the air suspension for front/rear only, or does it allow for raising/lowering an individual wheel? I'd love a dog-on-fire-hydrant mode for changing tires on a future update if individual wheel valving is present.

Random sidenote: the OEM forged wheels for my car were made in the USA (Alcoa nonetheless!), then shipped halfway across the world for car assembly.
The air system works together as a unit, you cannot control a pair or individual, at least at this point......

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I emailed what I thought was the manufacturer of the forged OEM 20's and sure enough, they responded, stating yes, they are the OEM builder. I was reaching out to them to see if they would build something a bit more along the lines of a Raceline, KMC or a Method in cast, since they already have the large barrels for the Rivian.

Here is the response:

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your enquire.
We do as Rivian forged wheel supplier.
Sorry, as this forged mold only offer OEM project and can't be used for aftermarket right now.
Also as Rivian have a big caliper, we have no other blank to fit this require.
Can we do some other aftermarket wheels?
Best regards,
Carl

Zhejiang Hongxin Technology Co., Ltd

Rivian R1T R1S R1T 20" AT Wheel Weight, Specs, Offset, Bolt Pattern, Construction IMG_20220330_160955

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Saw this today. Aftermarket wheels coming soon.

Sponsored