Sponsored

Products for interior/exterior cleaning?

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I always like the chemical guys products for our cars. I don't have time to obsess over the cars anymore, but I usually put their jetseal on a new car (does a great job and I am not in for the $$$ of ceremaic coating) and then use their leather products (yearly), blackvue wax (maybe yearly), and orange hybrid detailer spray (after car washes when I want it to shine a lot). We have deluxe car washes where I live but if washing at home I use their maxisuds wash too. They have great instructional videos too on YouTube
Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
If anyone has a great product for removing oils and heavier stains from interior, I'll always take suggestions. My wife is very liberal with her sunscreen and usually leaves a lot of it on the inside of all our cars on armrests etc.

For set in sun screen stains I use a diluted solution of Meguiar's super degreaser, but I'd like to find something less harsh to use on the Rivian seats.
In the past, I’ve used Goo-Gone in light application with a soft sponge and then a cleaner (like the Cockpit Premium product I linked above) to remove the Goo-Gone.

Either way, you will probably need some sort of a gentle organic solvent to liberate the sunscreen and then a cleaner to lift the solvent and liberated residue.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I was initially going to have it ceramic coated by the same guy that did my S6, but I just couldn't bring myself to shell out another $1700 (planning on powder coating wheels, which is going to be $900). So, as recommended by several peeps on this forum, I went with the Klasse products. Got the All-in-One, Polish/Sealant, and leather & upholstery cleaner. I did the All-in-One yesterday. I found out that an "extremely thin coat" took on a whole new meaning. I went WAY too liberal and thought I may have ruined my paint job and windows :headbang:. The truck looked like it was covered with jizz. I tried washing it off - nope. Then polishing with orbital, then orbital with their polish sealant - nope. I about shat my pants. I was about to give up, then tried a small area with "an extremely thin coat" the All-In-One and found that it reactivated the dried on, prior treatment. Proceeded to do small areas and it took some major elbow grease. Ended up taking me 6 hours due to my screw up (in 100F heat, mind you - well it cooled off a bit since I wrapped up at 11:30pm with a headlamp and carport lights) . It looks fantastic now. The polish/sealant is the recommended 2nd treatment after the all in one. Needless to say, I'm going to be VERY conservative and do it in small areas, bit by bit. Maybe this evening, but my shoulders and legs are SORE today. On the bright side, I get to skip shoulder and leg workout this week! :rock:
I"m your Klasse peep and I wish I had warned you that a little bit goes a LONG way.

Glad you were able to get things turned around with some elbow grease and polish!

For everyone else here - I cover some of the exterior/interior products in this existing thread (shameless thread plug).

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I"m your Klasse peep and I wish I had warned you that a little bit goes a LONG way.

Glad you were able to get things turned around with some elbow grease and polish!

For everyone else here - I cover some of the exterior/interior products in this existing thread (shameless thread plug).
I just finished the polish/sealant and it went very smoothly. "Extremely Thin Layer" and used 1 MF cloth for wet application, 2 clean MF cloths for wipe down and windows (1 for each side). Did all the black plastic trim and lights as well. Put some fresh Black Magic on the tires and she's looking showroom ready now. Stunning! Took me about an hour.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I've always been a big fan of AutoGlym products but the biggest thing I'm debating is whether to go with their Leather cleaner or Vinyl Cleaner on the "Vegan Leather." My gut tells me the Leather cleaner is the safer option but I'm interested to hear what the hivemind thinks.

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

I would suggest 303 Areospace on all the interior surfaces. Great stuff! Cleans well and provides UV protection..which is the most important thing when dealing with synthetics.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So I got this and used it last night, wiped on and waited a couple minutes before wiping off. I'm left with streaks. What did I do wrong?

Which surface, the seat?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Only the seat shoulder rests, mainly the dash and sides.
PXL_20220913_151529196.jpg
I'd have to check surface material but typically streaks just means left on a bit to long, it's a cleaner really so spray wait 30 seconds and agitate slowly off. I'd say try again but just wait a short amount of time really.

Sponsored

RIVDOC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GSA T700 and more
Occupation
Self employed
what do you suggest for the exterior lower plastic cladding. Just did a long road trip and the mud/dirt seems to imbed itself into the black plastic a bit and doesn't wash off easily with soap/water and elbow grease. I'm guessing an exterior plastic cleaner like amour all??? Thanks

mellissapickron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
It doesn't matter what interior or exterior you have in the car. I believe using harsh chemicals or detergents with soap is never necessary. It can leave traces even on vegan skin. It's better to use ordinary clean water. If your car is in the mud after going off-road, wash it under high pressure. I rarely wash my car by myself. Sometimes my son wants to help me with this, so I let him take buckets and rags. But most of the time, I contact https://sparklewash.com/centralindiana/. They wash my car under high pressure of cold, clean water. After that, I get in the car and dry it by driving along the highway near my house. I have no feeling more wonderful than the feeling of a clean car when driving.

Last edited:

Rivian603

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Colorado, Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Software
Clubs

Regarding interior cleaning, my 3 y/o daughter colored with a purple crayon all over my ocean coast vegan leather when I wasn't looking the other day. She also smushed a colored chapstick all over as well.

Couple of baby wipes cleaned it right up. I think the vegan leather is pretty resilient, I'll prob stick with the baby wipes unless I hit something they can't tackle.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
what do you suggest for the exterior lower plastic cladding. Just did a long road trip and the mud/dirt seems to imbed itself into the black plastic a bit and doesn't wash off easily with soap/water and elbow grease. I'm guessing an exterior plastic cleaner like amour all??? Thanks
You ever find something that works? That trim is a pain

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

You ever find something that works? That trim is a pain
I came here to look for the same information.

Then I browsed Chemical Guys and wonder if this would help.

Sponsored