Sponsored

Products for interior/exterior cleaning?

Weeyam eyesore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford maverick
Occupation
Working
What is everyone using to keep their rivian clean?

Interior:
Vegan leather
Plastic
Screens

Exterior:
Daily cleaning
Wheels
Tire shine

Hard water spots ( have a lot of this with midnight )

I did not get the r1t ceramic coated but wondering how effective this has been for others?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Ive had a lot of great luck with Adams products how ever some of them are a hit or miss imho so this is what I use after trying out different things for years.

Interior:
Vegan leather Cleaner: Sonax Leather Foam Cleaner
Plastic:FicTech Interior Detailer
Screens: Sonax Glass Cleaner

Exterior:
Daily cleaning : I don't daily clean any vehicle, that being said for washing I use a 3 stage bucket system (2 for body, 1 for wheels).

Soap: Aenso Shampoo Also if you have a Foam Gun it helps a LOT with preventing scratches, the best thing you can do to prevent any time of swirl marks is to get your car as clean as possible with out touching it!

Wheels: Nanolex Iron Remover/Wheel Cleaner or Sonax Wheel Cleaner

Tire shine: Typically I don't mainly because it will eventually get mucky everywhere but if I had to I have used this in the past with good results and less muck Aenso Tire Shine

I like detailers domain personally because they have some great products, pricing, and you can always call them and bug them about any questions you may have (or message via socials).

I use a LOT of FicTech on the exterior because it reduces a lot of labor/application time because you apply ceramic boosters etc to the outside of the car when its wet after washing. Its so easy and brilliant and gives amazing results (assuming you have taken care of your vehicle prior). From last week, a before and after shot (sorry no Rivian for reference YET)

Rivian R1T R1S Products for interior/exterior cleaning? 1662380070004

Rivian R1T R1S Products for interior/exterior cleaning? 1662379930871

NachoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep SRT
Occupation
Rivan pre-order hodl'er
Checkout "Pan the Organizer" on YT. Went with the Adam's graphene (middle grade) coating, which was really easy to apply once the prep was done.

Cleaning: use a foam gun.

Drying: I found using a drying agent is key for reducing swirls etc. It also helps by adding SiO2 protection on top. Using a concentrated SiO2 rinse-less, diluted gives you tons of quick detailer/drying agent.

Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ive had a lot of great luck with Adams products how ever some of them are a hit or miss imho so this is what I use after trying out different things for years.

Interior:
Vegan leather Cleaner: Sonax Leather Foam Cleaner
Plastic:FicTech Interior Detailer
Screens: Sonax Glass Cleaner

Exterior:
Daily cleaning : I don't daily clean any vehicle, that being said for washing I use a 3 stage bucket system (2 for body, 1 for wheels).

Soap: Aenso Shampoo Also if you have a Foam Gun it helps a LOT with preventing scratches, the best thing you can do to prevent any time of swirl marks is to get your car as clean as possible with out touching it!

Wheels: Nanolex Iron Remover/Wheel Cleaner or Sonax Wheel Cleaner

Tire shine: Typically I don't mainly because it will eventually get mucky everywhere but if I had to I have used this in the past with good results and less muck Aenso Tire Shine

I like detailers domain personally because they have some great products, pricing, and you can always call them and bug them about any questions you may have (or message via socials).

I use a LOT of FicTech on the exterior because it reduces a lot of labor/application time because you apply ceramic boosters etc to the outside of the car when its wet after washing. Its so easy and brilliant and gives amazing results (assuming you have taken care of your vehicle prior). From last week, a before and after shot (sorry no Rivian for reference YET)

1662380070004.png

1662379930871.png
Sonax makes really, really good products and is what I use on my sports cars. Their wheel cleaner is magic but I have not found use for it on my EV because there is little to no brake dust generated the way I drive. One of the highlights of the Rivian thus far is how nice my wheels look after a bit of driving. My sports car wheels get dusty after one stop light despite ceramic coating.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Agree Adams products are green. Also the products from Chemical Guys are fantastic.

One more Option I use a lot when the truck is just dusty and not covered in mud or heavier debris:

https://optimumcarcare.com/product/optimum-no-rinse-wash-shine1

Optimum No Rinse with a pump spray bottle. Not only is it a great way to not use much water, it's great when you don't have much time. You Just spray it on and wipe it off. Can do the whole car in 15-20 minutes with drying and all.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
I was initially going to have it ceramic coated by the same guy that did my S6, but I just couldn't bring myself to shell out another $1700 (planning on powder coating wheels, which is going to be $900). So, as recommended by several peeps on this forum, I went with the Klasse products. Got the All-in-One, Polish/Sealant, and leather & upholstery cleaner. I did the All-in-One yesterday. I found out that an "extremely thin coat" took on a whole new meaning. I went WAY too liberal and thought I may have ruined my paint job and windows :headbang:. The truck looked like it was covered with jizz. I tried washing it off - nope. Then polishing with orbital, then orbital with their polish sealant - nope. I about shat my pants. I was about to give up, then tried a small area with "an extremely thin coat" the All-In-One and found that it reactivated the dried on, prior treatment. Proceeded to do small areas and it took some major elbow grease. Ended up taking me 6 hours due to my screw up (in 100F heat, mind you - well it cooled off a bit since I wrapped up at 11:30pm with a headlamp and carport lights) . It looks fantastic now. The polish/sealant is the recommended 2nd treatment after the all in one. Needless to say, I'm going to be VERY conservative and do it in small areas, bit by bit. Maybe this evening, but my shoulders and legs are SORE today. On the bright side, I get to skip shoulder and leg workout this week! :rock:

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If anyone has a great product for removing oils and heavier stains from interior, I'll always take suggestions. My wife is very liberal with her sunscreen and usually leaves a lot of it on the inside of all our cars on armrests etc.

For set in sun screen stains I use a diluted solution of Meguiar's super degreaser, but I'd like to find something less harsh to use on the Rivian seats.

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
I was initially going to have it ceramic coated by the same guy that did my S6, but I just couldn't bring myself to shell out another $1700 (planning on powder coating wheels, which is going to be $900). So, as recommended by several peeps on this forum, I went with the Klasse products. Got the All-in-One, Polish/Sealant, and leather & upholstery cleaner. I did the All-in-One yesterday. I found out that an "extremely thin coat" took on a whole new meaning. I went WAY too liberal and thought I may have ruined my paint job and windows :headbang:. The truck looked like it was covered with jizz. I tried washing it off - nope. Then polishing with orbital, then orbital with their polish sealant - nope. I about shat my pants. I was about to give up, then tried a small area with "an extremely thin coat" the All-In-One and found that it reactivated the dried on, prior treatment. Proceeded to do small areas and it took some major elbow grease. Ended up taking me 6 hours due to my screw up (in 100F heat, mind you - well it cooled off a bit since I wrapped up at 11:30pm with a headlamp and carport lights) . It looks fantastic now. The polish/sealant is the recommended 2nd treatment after the all in one. Needless to say, I'm going to be VERY conservative and do it in small areas, bit by bit. Maybe this evening, but my shoulders and legs are SORE today. On the bright side, I get to skip shoulder and leg workout this week! :rock:
I ordered the Klasse kit yesterday - thanks for sharing your experience, I'll be extra careful with how much product I use.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered the Klasse kit yesterday - thanks for sharing your experience, I'll be extra careful with how much product I use.
Oh yeah, I also clay barred it with a Mother's Speedclay bar between first soap & rinse.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If anyone has a great product for removing oils and heavier stains from interior, I'll always take suggestions. My wife is very liberal with her sunscreen and usually leaves a lot of it on the inside of all our cars on armrests etc.

For set in sun screen stains I use a diluted solution of Meguiar's super degreaser, but I'd like to find something less harsh to use on the Rivian seats.
I'll try some of the leather/upholstery cleaner that came with my Klasse kit and report back. My Tundra & SC430 could probably use it. Side Note: I didn't wash my Tundra for almost 4 years, inside or out because I was taking it to Lake Powell, Flaming Gorge, Bear Lake, So. Utah, etc. on hardcore car camp trips. I did a full detail on it in Fall '21, then took it to Flaming Gorge for 2 weeks and it looked like it did before the detail when I got home...ha ha. So now I just say "F%&* It" and hammer it - don't care about tree branches, mud or sand in/out, etc. It's what I bought it for. The jury is still out on whether or not I'm gonna keep it. I need to see how well the Rivian holds up (or if I want to flip it). I'm loving the Rivian, but I'm spooked by all of the semi-horror or horror stories out there. Too much information but....

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll try some of the leather/upholstery cleaner that came with my Klasse kit and report back. My Tundra & SC430 could probably use it. Side Note: I didn't wash my Tundra for almost 4 years, inside or out because I was taking it to Lake Powell, Flaming Gorge, Bear Lake, So. Utah, etc. on hardcore car camp trips. I did a full detail on it in Fall '21, then took it to Flaming Gorge for 2 weeks and it looked like it did before the detail when I got home...ha ha. So now I just say "F%&* It" and hammer it - don't care about tree branches, mud or sand in/out, etc. It's what I bought it for. The jury is still out on whether or not I'm gonna keep it. I need to see how well the Rivian holds up (or if I want to flip it). I'm loving the Rivian, but I'm spooked by all of the semi-horror or horror stories out there. Too much information but....
its a complicated thing. I mostly treat my Rivian like any other of my trucks. I know it will get scratched and nicked and be covered in dirt most the time. But It’s also an expensive asset and keeping it in good shape is more of a priority than my Toyotas. Especially the interior which is a little nicer.
Sponsored