Full duration from Guide contact until keys in-hand

• Total voters

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Wow! That makes "End of the month" actually sound possible! o_O

No! Nope! No way! I am NOT going to get overly excited yet! Nope! Not gonna do it!

pat----
Haha! It’s definitely possible if you’re willing to pick up at a service center— depending on where in CT you are, both Brooklyn and Boston are online and cranking away now. It sounds like, from some other posts, Compass Yellows are coming up s00n… Good luck! (I didn’t see any yellows at Boston yesterday when I picked up)
Sponsored

orionexp

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure
Occupation
retired
There are enough forum members enjoying their Rivian now who've lived the full-cycle from that initial Guide assignment to the joy of true Rivian ownership. And we know more than a few endured bumps in that journey. Set the voting limit to two choices for those who had a firm delivery date commitment and then unfortunate circumstances that delayed final delivery. The idea being they can vote for a value representing original expectation and again for the final outcome, if they so choose.

Kept the choices reasonable instead of trying to parse it down to blocks of days. for those like me in the midst of this process, it will still be insightful to have some clue what the community is experiencing. Thanks for your participation.
Guide contact 4/27, said vehicle in production 4/29. No delivery estimate at all. It's been 3 weeks.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian's teasing me... 7 of 8 steps finished in one session (about an hour since I read docs)

Rivian R1T R1S Poll: Time From Guide Contact to Delivery RivR1Tpurch7of8

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Rivian's teasing me... 7 of 8 steps finished in one session (about an hour since I read docs)
You’ve got a vin now… you should send your guide a message and ask about the current location of your truck and whether they have an ETA for it to arrive at your local SC

If your experience is similar to mine, it needs to get to your SC, go through two PDIs, then you’ll get a text from the SC delivery coordinator

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

You’ve got a vin now… you should send your guide a message and ask about the current location of your truck and whether they have an ETA for it to arrive at your local SC

If your experience is similar to mine, it needs to get to your SC, go through two PDIs, then you’ll get a text from the SC delivery coordinator
Thank you. I will do that.

Sponsored

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Let's see, got a notification of guide contact on a Sunday evening (!), confirmed my config was good via text, opened up the 8 steps that night. Completed the 8 steps by Tuesday, and was told it was at the SC and could be picked up if I wanted to fly out there and drive it back, or it would be ~5-10 days for it to be delivered. So, if I had been willing to fly, 3 days. If not, looks like I'm at 10-15 days.

TL;DR -- if you can't pick up at the SC, the "timeline" will be an extra 5-10 days long while they schedule the delivery.

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

im at 15 days since guide intro call and PBA signed, no 8 steps yet

drstancpa

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsu.edu
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Camaro SS & 1992 Firebird T/A verts
Occupation
Education, Accounting
I had my Intro call and signed the PBA on 5/16 (this past Monday) and was told I might take delivery by the end of the month :surprised: or definitely before the end of June. I'll fill out the poll once I have the truck.

pat----
It looks like we have identical configurations! I signed the PBA on Thursday 5/12 and similar timing expectations, but am lucky enough to be in the range for factory pickup. I think we've chosen well on the color!

rivian_panda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Genius, Millionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist
you need to add selection for delivery cancelation... and still waiting.

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
So my Guide intro call was 4/28/22 and as of 5/16/22 I was told by my guide that I am paired to a VIN on the back end of the system and my VIN is showing in production (On the line being assembled) no estimated time of how long that takes and or where in the process it is but on the line none the less. No estimated timeline of delivery at this point was given.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well, I got a call and email formally canceling my Monday del. appt but was assured its only because of a late departure of the transport from IL to CA. Told that I will be contacted "early next week" once it arrives, checked out for transit condition and final PDI'd.

So hoping for Tues/Wed now. 🍿

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
So my Guide intro call was 4/28/22 and as of 5/16/22 I was told by my guide that I am paired to a VIN on the back end of the system and my VIN is showing in production (On the line being assembled) no estimated time of how long that takes and or where in the process it is but on the line none the less. No estimated timeline of delivery at this point was given.
I have a similar experience. 4/22/22 call with my Guide and as of last night when I followed up on my order status, I was told, "... your vehicle is still in production. I would imagine it should be nearing its end or maybe had been slowed because of a quality check. I wish I had more visibility but I will keep trying to check its status.". I was originally told 4-8 weeks after I ordered it. It "went into production in General Assembly" on 5/10. I have not been given any other information.

It's frustrating when you read about all of the people getting vehicles much quicker and given more options, but at this point it is what it is. I hope.... that there will be less problems with the R1T when I receive it, finally.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Mine will be two weeks.

I know there are issues, but a mistake I think some people are making (POST VIN) is moving slow on their side. I completed the 8 steps including payment within 10 minutes. I’ve never done a phone call with anyone, including my guide - online and text only. My portion of the process is instant.

I see people saying they are skipping steps, have an insurance call next week, etc. make Rivians and your guide’s life easy. Be their favorite because you're not annoying and respect their time.

When you need to fill up a delivery truck, whose truck goes on it? The person that did 5 steps but has no insurance and hasn’t paid or to the person that has completed 7 steps, paid and is just waiting delivery?

Pre VIN I think it's just luck - are they making a batch that matches yours or is that in 2,3,4 weeks. 4 weeks ago it was black mountain. The last 2 I'm pretty sure it's been forest edge, now I suspect we are back to black mountain again.

Just my 2 cents.
Not my experience. I had a VIN abs delivery date after only doing the first two steps (i had no trade in). i still haven't done financing and payment.

xeeps

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jaguar iPace, Volvo XC 90 PHEV
Clubs

Guide contact 4/25 and signed the PBA on the same day. About a month now with no update.
Sponsored