First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 VW Thing, 2020 Honda Passport, 2000 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Three weeks to the day and that was a MT delivery from Bellevue, WA. Not perfect like a "next door" delivery but my Guide was awesome and pulled it off.
Sponsored

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Same as most folks, 3 weeks+ and counting.

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
So my Guide intro call was 4/28/22 and as of 5/16/22 I was told by my guide that I am paired to a VIN on the back end of the system and my VIN is showing in production (On the line being assembled) no estimated time of how long that takes and or where in the process it is but on the line none the less. No estimated timeline of delivery at this point was given.
I have been in the same status for over 2 weeks - not sure how long it takes to fully assemble a vehicle but it does seem to be stretching on for quite a while at this point. Guide told me he doesn't really have any other information; says he resorted to physically scouring the plant looking for customer vehicles. Only (more) time will tell...

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I passed the two-week milestone yesterday. Frustration is my guide confirmed R1T sits about 2 miles away from me at the San Diego service center. It arrived over the weekend. Just waiting for the seemingly endless final PDI check. Praying for a delivery appointment today or tomorrow.

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
I'd settle for the 8-step process at this point :CWL: - at least to feel like something was moving. Was really hoping to have this closed-out by the Memorial Day weekend but I don't think that is remotely possible at this point.

Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Guide assigned last Thursday, first call Friday (because I could not make Thursday availability) then config locked and VIN assigned later Friday. Ready for pickup today (Tuesday).

So ~3 business days. Has so far been painless, including guide contact to update insurance (I did the Rivian Nationwide first, but it was more expensive than my current provider). But I'm not in a position to travel to SC to pickup and waiting for an appointment for delivery.

EMcritDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson
Saga complete! Finally out of VIN cancelation purgatory.

For a recap:
Guide contact early April with PBA signed shortly after.

First VIN assigned with 8 steps completed May 4th and planned delivery May 5th but then cancelled for failed staging <24 hours before.

New VIN/8 steps opened on 5/23, flew to another service center and picked up truck 5/24 with first road trip back home (Was a blast and happy they were able to get things in line to allow this).

Between each step there is a lot of just waiting and wondering how does this company not have any idea about a timeline to get a new VIN? Surely they know what they are producing when, and what they have out in the world? I think some of it is Rivian keeping info close to the vest like what the actual supply situation is like for various items and what the inspection failure rate is.... My impression is the guides are in the dark as much as we are which is unfortunate because i would have liked them to "guide" better on what choice to make (in my case, wait for 21 in wheel or change to 20s). I dont think the company appreciates that there are some of us that have never custom-ordered a vehicle before and instead would choose from whatever was available on the lot the day we went to make a purchase and so we dont get hung up on the differences...

Piece of advice to those waiting, utilize the scheduled times to call the guide. Found I always felt better after talking to them and also seemed to allow them some dedicated time to look into/progress my situation.

2 forum comments that stand out to me as absolutely true (paraphrasing):
"You go from confused/frustrated/waiting to Truck in driveway real fast"

"The machine is amazing and totally worth the wait!"

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

mine fell right at the 3 weeks mark

Firemaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Occupation
Engineer
PBA signed May 9th, no update since.

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
3 Weeks, 4 Days - First Discussion with Guide 5/16, Delivery 6/10.

pat----

Sponsored

Morpheus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3MR, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Servant Leader
Preorder 10/24/21 (Blue/Ocean Coast)

Rec'd email 4/25/22 communicating batch manufacturing and delays in Ocean Cost and offering to change configurations to speed up delivery process. Then early May saw a blacked out TRX ... looked amazing. Debated, second guessed, for a few weeks.

Changed configuration 5/27/22 to Midnight/Black Mountain

1st Guide Contact 6/7/22
Delivery 6/14/22 (today!)

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Guide on 5/11.

Now moved to the Oct/Nov group. Going to be awhile.....

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Guide on 5/11.

Now moved to the Oct/Nov group. Going to be awhile.....
Have you reached out to your guide and/or CS? Others have indicated that the window doesn't mean anything if your process has already started. I certainly wouldn't assume the email blast is 100% accurate. There have been way too many cases where they have been demonstrably wrong.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Have you reached out to your guide and/or CS? Others have indicated that the window doesn't mean anything if your process has already started. I certainly wouldn't assume the email blast is 100% accurate. There have been way too many cases where they have been demonstrably wrong.
Yeah I've read some of the posts. Most of them are from folks where their guide had previously stated they were slated for production. On my initial guide call he said that mine was probably already sitting on the lot (if that were true it wouldn't take 4+ weeks). I assume all the LG+FE's were shipped out to service centers to spread out deliveries for an end of quarter push and I drew the short straw.

my last communication (6/2) was that we were waiting for my order to get matched to a truck. I'm going to ping again on Wednesday to see if the email applies to me, but from reading everyone else's results, I'm leaning towards it does.

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
Well, I don't have delivery yet...but had guide contact yesterday at noon. He told me conservative estimate was to have the 8 steps open up in 4-6 weeks, but he figured maybe 2-3 weeks. It opened up 4 hours later! Now I have everything completed except final payment and insurance. Guide says truck is in the last stages of production and should clear the factory in the next day or 2. Quick!!
Sponsored