Sponsored

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Thanks! Wasn't able to OCR it, but the clear image gave me a good working point for typing up Gary manually. Updated the OTA release notes over at https://riviantracker.io
Sponsored

RickInPC

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and more…
Occupation
Enthusiast
Anyone know how the rollout queue works for OTA updates?

2022.11.2 notification came up in truck within a day or two of its release. No sign of latest yet.

Others still waiting?
Did a chat w/ the Rivian folks today and was told that the 2022.15 update is rolling out in waves - I got my R1T on Friday and per the screen I was ‘current’ with the 2022.11.2 - but my buddy in IL who got his a few weeks ago got the new .15 update already. Early adoption has its privileges and its hiccups.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Okay, today was my first terrible day driving the Rivian...
First the screen was really laggy and unresponsive to my taps throughout the day.
Then the navigation kept avoiding major roads, even though there was no traffic.
Then the lane keep was bouncing me all around so bad I needed to turn it completely off.
The navigation took me toward the wrong side of our airport.
Then this happened...
PXL_20220505_182553839.jpg

Then THIS happened!
PXL_20220505_193654696.jpg

Needless to say, my mother was not impressed with my new expensive electric truck. And thought I had a body in there. I rarely had problems before this update! What the hell?
Gear Guard Gary is trying to escape.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think the problem was the button. Closing the tunnel latches closed, but you really gotta push it to hit the sensor, you hear another click.

I haven't gone north on 509, I may this evening.
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2022.15 Software Release Notes 1652074524702

fyi, just saw someone post this on FB. It may apply to you.

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
The sleep mode update has had a positive effect on vampire drain. I was in the 2.5% battery charge loss per 24hr and now seeing something closer to 1% in the same period. Fingers crossed this positive trend continues with more testing.

Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Anyone know how the rollout queue works for OTA updates?

2022.11.2 notification came up in truck within a day or two of its release. No sign of latest yet.

Others still waiting?
I am still waiting as well, I have a roadtrip tomorrow and would have liked to update over the weekend to shake it out.

Oh well...

Mostly I want the reduced vampire drain as it will be parked at a hotel...

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
I am still waiting as well, I have a roadtrip tomorrow and would have liked to update over the weekend to shake it out.

Oh well...

Mostly I want the reduced vampire drain as it will be parked at a hotel...
Same. Not any real game changers in there for me. Lots of nice to haves, though. Really want to have some soak time with it before taking it someplace where hiccup would be a real issue.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The sleep mode update has had a positive effect on vampire drain. I was in the 2.5% battery charge loss per 24hr and now seeing something closer to 1% in the same period. Fingers crossed this positive trend continues with more testing.
Hmm…my loaner with the latest update is still losing 8-9 miles per night. It is 90-100 degrees though and outside currently. No GG, AC off, etc.

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
I decided to check whether my truck had downloaded anything today (via unifi controller that runs my home network) and to my surprise it had.. about 3GB a few hours ago. No notification on my phone and no indication in the app itself, but i walked out to the truck and it showed the update was ready to go. Just kicked it off, woohoo!

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I decided to check whether my truck had downloaded anything today (via unifi controller that runs my home network) and to my surprise it had.. about 3GB a few hours ago. No notification on my phone and no indication in the app itself, but i walked out to the truck and it showed the update was ready to go. Just kicked it off, woohoo!
That’s been my primary go to as well - though the last one I hadn’t checked until I got notification in the truck after putting in park due to having left the house.
with only 2 updates so far, I’ve never gotten a notification on my phone

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hmm…my loaner with the latest update is still losing 8-9 miles per night. It is 90-100 degrees though and outside currently. No GG, AC off, etc.
Miles is meaningless. We need to see metrics like this in %SoC and/or kWh.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Miles is meaningless. We need to see metrics like this in %SoC and/or kWh.
Well, if I have 10 miles of battery left in the woods, and I wake up and have 0....seems pretty meaningful to me.

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Well, if I have 10 miles of battery left in the woods, and I wake up and have 0....seems pretty meaningful to me.
Meaningless was the wrong word, specific/precise is probably the better one. SoC and kwh can be translated into miles, but is done so at different rates based on each owner's driving history, which was the point being made I believe. SoC and kwh is absolute.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Meaningless was the wrong word, specific/precise is probably the better one. SoC and kwh can be translated into miles, but is done so at different rates based on each owner's driving history, which was the point being made I believe. SoC and kwh is absolute.
Respectfully, miles is more accurate so long as you are looking at the same drive mode, i.e. Conserve. You aren't getting full numbers with % or kWh, take a look at the trip meter next time you reset and drive. It only counts whole numbers.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Respectfully, miles is more accurate so long as you are looking at the same drive mode, i.e. Conserve. You aren't getting full numbers with % or kWh, take a look at the trip meter next time you reset and drive. It only counts whole numbers.
Assuming it does adjust to your driving style, then miles will be highly subjective. %SoC or kWh is the only objective way, and %SoC is only valid if you know the size of the pack...which we do in this case.
Sponsored