Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Question about garage opener. Does it work by GPS or do you need to expand the menu and click on it to use it?

The one in the Tesla will let you configure it to auto open when arriving and auto close when you leave. It also will auto present the garage door menu when arriving if not configured to auto open. Just cushions how that compares to the current Rivian implementation.
Manual click only. Nothing auto or geo at this point.
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Okay, today was my first terrible day driving the Rivian...
First the screen was really laggy and unresponsive to my taps throughout the day.
Then the navigation kept avoiding major roads, even though there was no traffic.
Then the lane keep was bouncing me all around so bad I needed to turn it completely off.
The navigation took me toward the wrong side of our airport.
Then this happened...
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2022.15 Software Release Notes PXL_20220505_182553839

Then THIS happened!
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2022.15 Software Release Notes PXL_20220505_193654696

Needless to say, my mother was not impressed with my new expensive electric truck. And thought I had a body in there. I rarely had problems before this update! What the hell?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
First the screen was really laggy and unresponsive to my taps throughout the day.
Then the navigation kept avoiding major roads, even though there was no traffic.
Then the lane keep was bouncing me all around so bad I needed to turn it completely off.
Then this happened...
PXL_20220505_182553839.jpg

Then THIS happened!
PXL_20220505_193654696.jpg

Needless to say, my mother was not impressed with my new expensive electric truck. And thought I had a body in there. I rarely had problems before this update! What the hell?
Maybe the rain? I have issues with ACC and Highway Assist in heavy rain as well. Haven't seen those other errors, though.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Then this happened...

Then THIS happened!

Music wake the dead in the gear tunnel?

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Agreed. I was a week behind when some of the other members started posting they had the last update available.
mid that holds, I won’t have it until next week, but my truck as an appointment at the Rivian Spa to look into a few tickets
Well, that didn’t last long
Looking at my networking gear, truck started downloading update before I had to leave the house today. I doubt it finished on WiFi. Only got 300-350 megs. Drove an hour an a half to my destination and as soon as I put it in park, told me it was available!
Will have to update later as I can’t have the downtime at the moment

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I was jamming WORKOUT TWERKOUT, so...
IMG_20220505_133822.gif
On a serious note, and in hindsight. Are you happy you got the rivian as early as you did with the software hickups, or do you regret not waiting a bit longer for some of the early adopter issues to have been ironed out?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

On a serious note, and in hindsight. Are you happy you got the rivian as early as you did with the software hickups, or do you regret not waiting a bit longer for some of the early adopter issues to have been ironed out?
10/10 would take it early again with BM over FE. The more production FE pictures I see, the happier I am with my extra $2k.

I get it, early adopter, it's just funny to have it work great 99% of the time when you're alone and have it go batshit the one time you pick your mom up from the airport for Mother's Day weekend.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

10/10 would take it early again with BM over FE. The more production FE pictures I see, the happier I am with my extra $2k.

I get it, early adopter, it's just funny to have it work great 99% of the time when you're alone and have it go batshit the one time you pick your mom up from the airport for Mother's Day weekend.
Extra 2k for BM? it's included no??

And yeah, that's always the case. Everything goes bat shit crazy when you're showing others. Otherwise, it runs like a top.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
Anyone know how the rollout queue works for OTA updates?

2022.11.2 notification came up in truck within a day or two of its release. No sign of latest yet.

Others still waiting?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Then this happened...

Then THIS happened!

I had no idea the gear tunnel had a sensor like that. I wonder what the trigger is. If I out muddy boots in there after hiking is it going to flip out? I thought that was the point.

Have you gone north on 50o from SeaTac? Is it mapped?

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I had no idea the gear tunnel had a sensor like that. I wonder what the trigger is. If I out muddy boots in there after hiking is it going to flip out? I thought that was the point.

Have you gone north on 50o from SeaTac? Is it mapped?
I think the problem was the button. Closing the tunnel latches closed, but you really gotta push it to hit the sensor, you hear another click.

I haven't gone north on 509, I may this evening.
Sponsored