Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Assuming it does adjust to your driving style, then miles will be highly subjective. %SoC or kWh is the only objective way, and %SoC is only valid if you know the size of the pack...which we do in this case.
I'm referring to measuring vampire drain, which is what @DaveA was referring.

Also, do we know the precise accessible pack size? No confirmation or kWh from Rivian.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Respectfully, miles is more accurate so long as you are looking at the same drive mode, i.e. Conserve. You aren't getting full numbers with % or kWh, take a look at the trip meter next time you reset and drive. It only counts whole numbers.
I don't have the truck, I'm speaking theoretically assuming you have access to 8 decimals of precision on SoC and kwh. So, precise/accurate are also not the right words. A lot of this discussion is comparing to other vehicles so people are wanting to use things more standardized. That's the right word, standardized.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I don't have the truck, I'm speaking theoretically assuming you have access to 8 decimals of precision on SoC and kwh. So, precise/accurate are also not the right words. A lot of this discussion is comparing to other vehicles so people are wanting to use things more standardized. That's the right word, standardized.
But does the Rivian use Standard, or Metric?!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
So, precise/accurate are also not the right words.
KWH or SOC are more useful when comparing different vehicles.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

We know if he said 10 miles that means around 4.5KW given approximately 2.2 miles per KW. Which is around 3% on a 128KW/hr pack. Either way it is too high a drain.

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
We know if he said 10 miles that means around 4.5KW given approximately 2.2 miles per KW. Which is around 3% on a 128KW/hr pack. Either way it is too high a drain.
But how do you know he’s averaging 2.2 miles per kWh? Could have been at the track or offroading or city driving in conserve. That’s why miles isn’t the best metric. Energy is much better.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

But how do you know he’s averaging 2.2 miles per kWh? Could have been at the track or offroading or city driving in conserve. That’s why miles isn’t the best metric. Energy is much better.
Agree I don’t know the exact efficiency but 2.2 is a reasonable estimate. He is unlikely to be averaging 1 or 4 for example.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Auto Unlock with phone seems to work differently with this update for me. It takes longer to unlock so I start getting my phone out of my pocket. As soon as I unlock my phone the truck unlocks, but that might be a coincidence and it just takes longer to register now.

On The plus side it no longer unlocks when I’m walking around the house.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I'd like to be able to have the truck - stay unlocked at home when we're around the house and not have it constantly locking/unlocking.

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Auto Unlock with phone seems to work differently with this update for me. It takes longer to unlock so I start getting my phone out of my pocket. As soon as I unlock my phone the truck unlocks, but that might be a coincidence and it just takes longer to register now.

On The plus side it no longer unlocks when I’m walking around the house.
I feel like I'm having more of this behavior. Still some where the truck is in the garage and if I have the app, it keeps begging me to get in and drive. But I'm walked up the truck now a few times and gotten my phone out to go hit unlock in the app because it hasn't opened. Right before getting there, then it opens.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Truck got delivered today but it is not running this update. Any way to force it?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Mine was delivered on Tuesday with 2022.12, updated to 2022.15 today

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

I feel like I'm having more of this behavior. Still some where the truck is in the garage and if I have the app, it keeps begging me to get in and drive. But I'm walked up the truck now a few times and gotten my phone out to go hit unlock in the app because it hasn't opened. Right before getting there, then it opens.
Mine has the exact same behavior since the 2022.15.0 update... also it seems the response to unlock on the keyfob is also delayed by a few more seconds than previously.
Sponsored