Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I just got notified that the update is available as well
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2022.15 Software Release Notes AA21C49A-A45A-4EC2-B93A-DCC48A39BEC6
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Haven't seen this before...
Rivian R1T R1S OTA Update 2022.15 Software Release Notes 16516033825732539466335769353182

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Would anyone be able to confirm that you cannot use the garage door opener without a key? So if someone broke into the truck, that they wouldn't be able to use the garage door via the screen?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Would anyone be able to confirm that you cannot use the garage door opener without a key? So if someone broke into the truck, that they wouldn't be able to use the garage door via the screen?
Vehicle isn't "on" without a key.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I just got the update as well

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I know this isn't a place for feature requests, but here is a feature request:

If all rear ultrasonic sensors show something nearby, i.e. a WALL, do not automatically release the tailgate drop from key fob or inside the vehicle, only from the button at the rear. Make it optional too, perhaps.

Why?

Because I was fidgeting with my key fob the other day and realized that dropping the tailgate into a rough cinder block wall would result in a less than ideal interaction with the truck's paint.
The other potential solution is for Rivian to make it manual so we don’t have to waste electricity to go to Gym. Hard to miss a cinder block if you are standing there. I know it is old fashion but I still prefer not creating a problem to begin with instead of trying to solving it. And this concludes regularly broadcast of my anti automation rant.

Last edited:

Bravado21

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99' Subara Impreza 2.5RS, R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
Just curious if you know - Do the updates come to all the vehicles at once or randomized? I just received my delivery yesterday and it’s still running an older version and says no updates available.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just curious if you know - Do the updates come to all the vehicles at once or randomized? I just received my delivery yesterday and it’s still running an older version and says no updates available.
Don't know the process for determining when vehicles get the update, but it's staggered or tiered. I haven't gotten mine yet.

Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Don't know the process for determining when vehicles get the update, but it's staggered or tiered. I haven't gotten mine yet.
Agreed. I was a week behind when some of the other members started posting they had the last update available.
mid that holds, I won’t have it until next week, but my truck as an appointment at the Rivian Spa to look into a few tickets

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I got the update Tuesday evening and it installed cleanly.

The garage door opener function well is very appreciated!

The truck was plugged in the first night so I could not determine overnight battery drain, but last night it sat outside, and it only dropped from 40% to 39% (temps in the mid 30s). It had been losing around 3% nightly inside the garage where temp remains over 50 for the past month...

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Does it really take 75min from start to finish for the SW update?

What are owners seeing here??

s12dxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE - LA Silver
Clubs

Does it really take 75min from start to finish for the SW update?

What are owners seeing here??
I think it depends on your network connection. I think 75 is an estimate on the high end of the average, mine took about 45 minutes.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I got the update Tuesday evening and it installed cleanly.

The garage door opener function well is very appreciated!

The truck was plugged in the first night so I could not determine overnight battery drain, but last night it sat outside, and it only dropped from 40% to 39% (temps in the mid 30s). It had been losing around 3% nightly inside the garage where temp remains over 50 for the past month...
Question about garage opener. Does it work by GPS or do you need to expand the menu and click on it to use it?

The one in the Tesla will let you configure it to auto open when arriving and auto close when you leave. It also will auto present the garage door menu when arriving if not configured to auto open. Just cushions how that compares to the current Rivian implementation.
Sponsored