Sponsored

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

Oh well, in the absence of an email or any notion of when I’ll get my R1S I can take solace in the fact that I’m soon to be the proud owner of a nice new ‘Normal’ blue b/ball cap
Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
No email yet. Wondering if I have to go forward as the price seems to be going higher and higher. This will be my first IPO experience !

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

EducatedK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
I bought Tesla well before the S at an average of 27 dollars a share. Sold at about 300 when I thought, “it can’t go higher than this”. Oops.

I agree with what someone else said, buy at the dip. But on the other hand, the one thing Tesla never had was Amazon holding a 20% stake.

Lisa & Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20217 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
theoldbaileyplace.com, Escalante, Utah.
Clubs

There are pages of predictions and opinions flying by, hard to keep up. This stock will drop to less than half because the dismal ability to produce quantities of this beautiful, mid-size truck(tight back seats and small bed) will still take more of a beating. ThenTesla scoops it up, and it becomes their standard looking truck offer :)
I too have seen my exuberant enthusiasm tamed by watching production numbers and where they’re going. If Amazon is going to get most of the 2022 assembly line capacity it’s pretty clear the S1 filing that pre-orders will be filled by the end of 2023 isn’t very confidence building. I‘m not that sophisticated an investor by I don’t bet or invest on my emotional instincts

Lisa & Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20217 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
theoldbaileyplace.com, Escalante, Utah.
Clubs

I bought Tesla well before the S at an average of 27 dollars a share. Sold at about 300 when I thought, “it can’t go higher than this”. Oops.

I agree with what someone else said, buy at the dip. But on the other hand, the one thing Tesla never had was Amazon holding a 20% stake.
But Tesla didn’t have to satisfy Amazon over the private buyer

Sponsored

Rise1Set

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Rivian IPO priced at $78/share from a previous range of $57-62/share revised up to $72-74/share. This puts valuation at $77 billion.

Hopefully this will help drive acceleration of their expansion and delivery goals. Rivian still has much to prove and some trust to earn back from all of you early pre-order holders; perhaps just growing pains.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rivian...sed-target-range-11636502188?mod=hp_lead_pos1
I got the email this morning that an email would come out anytime after 5:00 PM Eastern, but haven’t seen the follow up email allowing me for my allocation. Has anyone gotten the follow up to purchase their allocation?

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I just spoke with Morgan Stanley and they said the price has not yet been set and that was five minutes ago.
That doesn't surprise me. They're trying to figure out how "good" the demand really is. Once they set the price, the MUST have the pre-form emails set to go - just need to plug in the price and send. So the fact they haven't sent it yet - means they're still debating it.

Want to get their moneys worth, but not leave too much on the table :)

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I would be MUCH more worried about purchasing IPO stocks if the valuation goes down before the IPO date. Think long term! If it goes down, I'll buy more. 175 shares just not quite there yet.

wizard467

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (10/2022), Honda Ridgeline
I too have seen my exuberant enthusiasm tamed by watching production numbers and where they’re going. If Amazon is going to get most of the 2022 assembly line capacity it’s pretty clear the S1 filing that pre-orders will be filled by the end of 2023 isn’t very confidence building. I‘m not that sophisticated an investor by I don’t bet or invest on my emotional instincts
The Amazon van capacity and the R1T/S line are completely separate (as per the S1). They won't materially affect each other.

Edit: RJ's interview from the IPO launch clearly states at approximately the 2:10 minute mark that Bloomberg's statement that Amazon was being prioritized is a misunderstanding of how Rivian as a company is setup.

Rivian CEO on IPO, Amazon Partnership, Supply Chain

Last edited: