Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Rivian IPO priced at $78/share from a previous range of $57-62/share revised up to $72-74/share. This puts valuation at $77 billion.

Hopefully this will help drive acceleration of their expansion and delivery goals. Rivian still has much to prove and some trust to earn back from all of you early pre-order holders; perhaps just growing pains.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rivian...sed-target-range-11636502188?mod=hp_lead_pos1
Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Rivian IPO priced at $78/share from a previous range of $57-62/share revised up to $72-74/share. This puts valuation at $77 billion.

Hopefully this will help drive acceleration of their expansion and delivery goals. Rivian still has much to prove and some trust to earn back from all of you early pre-order holders; perhaps just growing pains.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/rivian...sed-target-range-11636502188?mod=hp_lead_pos1
Meeting delivery goals isn't a money problem. Rivian has plenty of money in the bank right now.

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

31% increase over the median value given last week. I wonder if there is anything left on the bone?

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

Damn. No thanks. As much as I love and support Rivian thus far, I'm having a really hard time with that valuation.

What justified the big jump?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Damn. No thanks. As much as I love and support Rivian thus far, I'm having a really hard time with that valuation.

What justified the big jump?
I think it's the thing that's barely been discussed here: they are going to be selling fleet vehicles along with fleet management software much earlier than originally anticipated.

Sponsored

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

I think it's the thing that's barely been discussed here: they are going to be selling fleet vehicles along with fleet management software much earlier than originally anticipated.
Sure. But they also have yet to deliver any of that fleet.

The number of people interested in buying shares.
Ha! Good point. By getting us all excited at $60ish dollars (and before the fire and firing) a bunch of us went in and showed lots of interest.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Sure. But they also have yet to deliver any of that fleet.

Ha! Good point. By getting us all excited at $60ish dollars (and before the fire and firing) a bunch of us went in and showed lots of interest.
That's a fair point, but it's the potential that is represented there that I think is appealing, not just one time revenue from vehicle sales but recurring revenue from the software as well.

Think about this: over the next 10 years local, state, and federal governments are going to be under increasing pressure to "go green" with their fleets of vehicles and there is about to be a giant pot of money available to subsidize that transition. States are also offering businesses tax breaks for having electric vehicles which will make it more appealing for private companies to phase in more EVs. I think the huge Hertz deal is helping them with this specifically.

People talk about first mover status, and this makes them a first mover in that space with a platform that they have demonstrated to be tailorable to a specific use case with the EDV.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

So the expectations is that local governments and other fleet managing companies are going to step away from the household names that are all bringing EV options to the market?

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Man oh man... We'll I loved the R1T more then my Model S in 2015 and I was in at $190/share with Tesla despite criticism.

My gut wasn't wrong then... let's just hope I haven't lost it?

My guts (or mind) that is ?

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Looks like the number of shares have gone up as well.

The MS DSP sites went from 135 million to 153 million so it appears the option for additional shares was exercised.

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Has anyone gotten their Morgan Stanley email??? I keep refreshing!