Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Just barely got your order right behind mine (by only about 15 months). Congrats though... :)

Just out of curiosity, in what part of the country are you taking delivery? (Please don't say San Francisco.)

Man... I would easily fly up to Dallas to get delivery.. my pre-order date is only 1 month behind yours and I'm pushed back to Dec 22-Jan 23....
Sponsored

89hoya

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500, 2019 Model 3, 1995 Bronco
I had an Oct - Dec 2022 delivery window that was moved to Dec - Jan 2023. To my surprise, I got the A Seamless Process to Purchase e-mail around 1:30 today, got a guide shortly thereafter, talked to my guide at 5:30 today, and signed my PBA by 6:00.

My guide said she should know by tomorrow morning if I am matched with an already built R1T or if it will be entering production. If it is just entering production, she said I had the option of getting an invitation to the R1 Store.

It is worth noting that all this happened within five days of me changing from 20" AT wheels to 21" Road wheels.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I had an Oct - Dec 2022 delivery window that was moved to Dec - Jan 2023. To my surprise, I got the A Seamless Process to Purchase e-mail around 1:30 today, got a guide shortly thereafter, talked to my guide at 5:30 today, and signed my PBA by 6:00.

My guide said she should know by tomorrow morning if I am matched with an already built R1T or if it will be entering production. If it is just entering production, she said I had the option of getting an invitation to the R1 Store.

It is worth noting that all this happened within five days of me changing from 20" AT wheels to 21" Road wheels.
Congrats

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I've already compromised on several things, but I can't bring myself to swap wheels. Just can't do it. The farther I get pushed the more likely it is I'll just keep waiting for my preferred build.

On a separate note, I've been contemplating a new plan for my 2021 R1S Explore second preorder just to mess with Rivian like they've been messing with us. I'm going to change to some super obscure config and try to be the last pre-price hike vehicle delivered! I wonder if I could manage to get upgraded hardware / battery pack if I push it back far enough? 2025 model year R1 for waaaaaaaay under cost.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

I felt the same way @Atlrivian. Just was a line I wouldn’t cross, but then I saw the thread of people popping off the plastic caps and the 21s actually look pretty darn good. If you powder coated them or plasti-dipped em black, I think we’re in business… Regardless, I switched to 21s four days ago, so according to my special math, I should get my guide and PBA tomorrow! I also put a second ressy on another R1S too for late next year lol.. hoping I can swing a max pack out of it at least!

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
21s do look nice but the fact they they are a custom tire size with no snow tire options is a show stopper for me unfortunately

fajitafest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Got assigned a guide today and confirmed configuration. Very excited to start the 8 steps!

Don’t know if this helped at all but, last week, I changed my delivery address from Los Angeles to my dad’s place in Denver. Saw a lot of deliveries from that service center and figured a road trip would be fun.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Got assigned a guide today and confirmed configuration. Very excited to start the 8 steps!

Don’t know if this helped at all but, last week, I changed my delivery address from Los Angeles to my dad’s place in Denver. Saw a lot of deliveries from that service center and figured a road trip would be fun.
How did you do that? I emailed asking about picking up in one of the other SCs in my state and hear crickets

fajitafest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How did you do that? I emailed asking about picking up in one of the other SCs in my state and hear crickets
I updated the delivery address in my account towards the bottom of the”R1T” tab. You should be able to change yours too without having to contact CS.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I updated the delivery address in my account towards the bottom of the”R1T” tab. You should be able to change yours too without having to contact CS.

Delivery address doesn't have to be registered address?

Sponsored

fajitafest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Delivery address doesn't have to be registered address?
I don’t believe so. The delivery address underneath your configuration can be different than the address in your profile.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

I don’t believe so. The delivery address underneath your configuration can be different than the address in your profile.

Would be interesting to try it out. Brother lives 10 mins from the soon to be open Austin SC.

Ikypoo

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissian Frontier

Congrats!

I got the same email and a guide assigned today as well. Did you reach out to them or did they reach out to you? No contact for me yet.

Pre-order 5/21. ADV/ El cap / 21's - I did update from white to el cap in the last 2-3 days.

pdxgibby

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Karmann Ghia EV, Tesla M3, eGolf, R1T, Power Hawk
Occupation
Software Engineer
Current sitch :
Original delivery window : Oct-Dec 2022 via email in Dec 2021
Updated delivery to Nov-Dec 2022 via email on 6/11/22
Guide assignment in Rivian acct on 6/16/22 (waiting for guide to make contact)
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "SELECTED_FOR_FULFILLMENT" on 6/16/22
VIN assigned : 81xx on 6/17/22
Steps 1-7 Completed on 6/16/22

Now I wait....and wait....and wait....
Delivery scheduled for 6/24!!

I think I’ll name her Vivian. Still noodling.

fajitafest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats!

I got the same email and a guide assigned today as well. Did you reach out to them or did they reach out to you? No contact for me yet.

Pre-order 5/21. ADV/ El cap / 21's - I did update from white to el cap in the last 2-3 days.
Congrats to you, as well! Nice config ;)

Haven’t heard from my guide yet but got access to the 8 step process this morning. I’ve never been more excited to fill out paperwork!
Sponsored