Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I received a guide yesterday as well as confirming my configuration. I received the invite to the 8 steps this morning and are starting that process but I still haven't received any communication from my guide as of yet. I'm not positive if that means my exact config is ready to go or if I'm going to get invited to the R1 shop. I didn't think they'd kick off the 8 steps before sending the R1 shop invite but obviously i've never been through this process before.
Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I don’t believe so. The delivery address underneath your configuration can be different than the address in your profile.
It will be interesting to see how they handle the registration paperwork. if they register it to your father's address or yours. I picked up my truck in Illinois, and drove to Portland. But that was something my guide and I had arranged - so the truck came with a Illinois trip permit / temp registration but all the final paperwork was for Oregon.

fajitafest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Wrangler Unlimited Willys
It will be interesting to see how they handle the registration paperwork. if they register it to your father's address or yours. I picked up my truck in Illinois, and drove to Portland. But that was something my guide and I had arranged - so the truck came with a Illinois trip permit / temp registration but all the final paperwork was for Oregon.
That is a good call out! Will definitely raise that to my guide. Thanks!

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

21s do look nice but the fact they they are a custom tire size with no snow tire options is a show stopper for me unfortunately
No snow option?? Blizzak can’t even save us?

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
No snow option?? Blizzak can’t even save us?
Maybe someday, but there are no other 21" tires, snow or otherwise, yet. It's a brand new size that no one makes currently except for Pirelli made Rivian tires

Last edited:

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I received a guide yesterday as well as confirming my configuration. I received the invite to the 8 steps this morning and are starting that process but I still haven't received any communication from my guide as of yet. I'm not positive if that means my exact config is ready to go or if I'm going to get invited to the R1 shop. I didn't think they'd kick off the 8 steps before sending the R1 shop invite but obviously i've never been through this process before.
Continuing with this, just completed all but the financing step for the 8 steps (and delivery step). I have a VIN and should have the financing step completed here shortly, just waiting on my credit union.

Still haven't said a single word to my guide, I emailed them and haven't gotten a response. Weird to be this far and have a VIN with no contact.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Continuing with this, just completed all but the financing step for the 8 steps (and delivery step). I have a VIN and should have the financing step completed here shortly, just waiting on my credit union.

Still haven't said a single word to my guide, I emailed them and haven't gotten a response. Weird to be this far and have a VIN with no contact.
@frostbit3 did you confirm the paperwork has your underbody shield and spare? I see that in your signature line. Maybe it’s a shift in how they’re building in batches since the underbody seemed to have been rare these days.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
@frostbit3 did you confirm the paperwork has your underbody shield and spare? I see that in your signature line. Maybe it’s a shift in how they’re building in batches since the underbody seemed to have been rare these days.
I removed the underbody shield a few weeks back and forgot to update my signature, but I did not however remove the spare tire and just confirmed that it is indeed not there. That's disappointing so i'll see what I can do about buying one at some point in the future as I really want the spare tire. I wish I would have caught that it wasn't included when I confirmed my config, I just didn't think about the spare tire and was just focused on the exterior color and powered tonneau cover.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I removed the underbody shield a few weeks back and forgot to update my signature, but I did not however remove the spare tire and just confirmed that it is indeed not there. That's disappointing so i'll see what I can do about buying one at some point in the future as I really want the spare tire. I wish I would have caught that it wasn't included when I confirmed my config, I just didn't think about the spare tire and was just focused on the exterior color and powered tonneau cover.
@frostbit3 awe yes. That’s what I kind of expected. I think they’re just pumping out adventure trimswith 21s at this point to get people in trucks.

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I just got my guide my last night as well and emailed her. Got the VIN and my 8-step this morning. My guide actually proactively asked me (via email) if I wanted the spare this morning. I thought I had it configured, but it didn't show up when I was asked to confirm configuration online. Anyway, she was able to add it for me very quickly. Your guide should be able to handle this no problem.

I seem to recall that you and I had our First Mile event in Dallas on the same day - now we both were assigned a guide on the same day. Weird.

Sponsored

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@frostbit3 awe yes. That’s what I kind of expected. I think they’re just pumping out adventure trimswith 21s at this point to get people in trucks.
It sure seems that way. Add me to the list - I switched to 21s from 20s last Thursday, and was assigned a guide last night.

Here's hoping they're trying to get a bunch of these delivered by end of quarter! (seems like a bit of a stretch for me, but we'll see)

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Updated my delivery address. Time to see if anything changes...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Delivery scheduled for 6/24!!

I think I’ll name her Vivian. Still noodling.
All you have to do is buy a few extra V and hey presto, exterior rebadged

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Man I'm super excited for everyone getting guides. Bummed it hasn't worked for me so far. Swapped to 21s a month ago. My July 21 preorder is by no means old but before others. Maybe my Los angeles location just has a crap ton of pre orders.