Sponsored

Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Wanted to ask if anyone with the oct-dec 2022 delivery window got lucky and assigned a guide? I only ask cause i know one person who was contacted who had that estimated delivery date.
Sponsored

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Nope and to be honest I'm in no hurry to get my truck. Not that they've been bad but it's obvious that some refinement needs to be done. I still want my truck but in all honesty I'm towards the back and the others who have been waiting longer deserve to get their vehicles before me.

OP
OP

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Nope and to be honest I'm in no hurry to get my truck. Not that they've been bad but it's obvious that some refinement needs to be done. I still want my truck but in all honesty I'm towards the back and the others who have been waiting longer deserve to get their vehicles before me.
thats a good point. I have heard of some minor issues popping up and the more they build the more better the quality should get.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I actually think I heard about an oct-dec window reservee being contacted but I can’t remember the details.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'd honestly be a bit surprised if I'm actually contacted in the next couple months but as others have said while I'd be disappointed if things got pushed to Q12023 I'm also fine with accepting the product of even a few extra months production maturity.

8/22 Edit: In the spirit of full disclosure I should say that I took delivery in late July. Switched to 21' road wheels as an experiment and it was too much to pass up when 2 business days later I was contacted to take delivery of a vehicle heading to my area. Guide intro call to delivery in 8 business days.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Wanted to ask if anyone with the oct-dec 2022 delivery window got lucky and assigned a guide? I only ask cause i know one person who was contacted who had that estimated delivery date.
I have an Oct-Dec 2022 delivery window and noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that I had an assigned guide. On Rivian's website, once logged on, if you click on the "?" in the bottom left of the browser right above your initials a pop up for assistance should appear. I noticed that I had two tabs, one for customer support and one for my assigned guide. I sent an email to that guide mentioning that I think this was a mistake and too soon and didn't hear back. Checked last week and that tab was gone. Would have liked getting a reply thanking me for letting them know, or updating me on anything,

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
I have a Q4 2022 Delivery date...currently configured with an OC interior but willing to change to BM if they speeds it up! No guide contact.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I have an Oct-Dec 2022 delivery window and noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that I had an assigned guide. On Rivian's website, once logged on, if you click on the "?" in the bottom left of the browser right above your initials a pop up for assistance should appear. I noticed that I had two tabs, one for customer support and one for my assigned guide. I sent an email to that guide mentioning that I think this was a mistake and too soon and didn't hear back. Checked last week and that tab was gone. Would have liked getting a reply thanking me for letting them know, or updating me on anything,
That was very honest of you. There have been cases of people getting trucks even though they aren't yet in their delivery windows. One of the working theories is that if you have a configuration that lands in your delivery area and someone else drops out or can't take delivery you might be contacted. Or somethign similar like that.

There is also the theory that Rivian is using something sophisticated like those numbered balls at the bingo parlor to determine delivery....

OP
OP

BuzzL8ghtYears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
You are way better than me. If i'd seen that guide pop up I would have been like "when are you calling me?" lol I've heard no update but don't expect anything until closer to October. Though in my opinion i feel like it'll be closer to Q1 2023.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I have not gotten any call
Me too, I want to wait as much as I can. I don't mind even waiting until Q1 2023. But I think that would be my limit on waiting.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'd honestly be a bit surprised if I'm actually contacted in the next couple months but as others have said while I'd be disappointed if things got pushed to Q12023 I'm also fine with accepting the product of even a few extra months production maturity.
I'm July - September and expect to get pushed to 2023. Supply chain seems to really be slowing Rivian down now.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You are way better than me. If i'd seen that guide pop up I would have been like "when are you calling me?" lol I've heard no update but don't expect anything until closer to October. Though in my opinion i feel like it'll be closer to Q1 2023.
I've worked for tier 1 and 2 suppliers for a long time now, I understand what Rivian is up against and I feel for the suppliers that have Rivian in their location(s) "assisting". I do keep checking to see if the guide gets added on the site, and I guess I technically have his email since I did reach out to him... Oh well, next thing is to reach out to customer support and see if the delivery window is still the same. I thought we were supposed to have more clarity on that by last March via the landing page once logged in.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
thats a good point. I have heard of some minor issues popping up and the more they build the more better the quality should get.
Some "minor issues"?

Failed Drive unit:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/front-drive-unit-failure-at-40-miles.4710/unread

Battery pack failure/needs replacement:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/“critical-battery-issue”.4620/

“Service Suspension System Soon”:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/“service-suspension-system-soon”.4438/

Plenty of less critical issues too since deliveries being made to real (non-Rivian employees under a gag order) customers.

At this point, better of waiting for your truck.....

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Some "minor issues"?

Failed Drive unit:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/front-drive-unit-failure-at-40-miles.4710/unread

Battery pack failure/needs replacement:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/“critical-battery-issue”.4620/

“Service Suspension System Soon”:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/“service-suspension-system-soon”.4438/

Plenty of less critical issues too since deliveries being made to real (non-Rivian employees under a gag order) customers.

At this point, better of waiting for your truck.....
Failed brakes:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1t-to-death-valley-ccs-adapter-by-teslatap-mini.4799/

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
No guide contact for me yet, did ask CS when they said they should resch out to me in October....
Sponsored