Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Since the Rivian R1T is officially in production, and sales have been made, even if only to employees, it would seem that the Rivian R1T is a vehicle with a year of production and a model name....so why doesn't it show up on TireRack to allow you to shop by vehicle and model? I sent TireRack an email, waiting to see what they might say, and will report back if I get a response, or if it suddenly is listed on their website.
Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Since the Rivian R1T is officially in production, and sales have been made, even if only to employees, it would seem that the Rivian R1T is a vehicle with a year of production and a model name....so why doesn't it show up on TireRack to allow you to shop by vehicle and model? I sent TireRack an email, waiting to see what they might say, and will report back if I get a response, or if it suddenly is listed on their website.
I did a chat with TireRack a couple of weeks ago asking about a winter wheel/tire package for the R1T. He told me they were trying to get information from Rivian, but had not gotten any specifications yet.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Polestar wasn't listed until I asked about a winter tire and wheel package. They list tires now but no info on wheels yet. I offered use of my vehicle for test fitting but they haven't taken me up on it yet.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
I had the same basic questions today via chat with TR. I have been able to manually find/confirm the 21ā€ and 22ā€ Rivian tires using tire size selector. However the TR rep did some kind of search..that I havenā€™t duplicated yet..that narrows down to the 3 Rivian sizes as of today.

The link he gave me is: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sele...vian&autoModel=R1S&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=

When you click ā€˜View Resultsā€™..if it doesnā€™t work, then see the note I added to this screen shot.
Rivian R1T R1S Non-OEM alternative wheels/tire options 1635375642617

Sponsored

Dman250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Transit plus a few more, all ICE
Looking at 275/65R20 tires, the lightest mud tire (with adequate load range) I've found is the Firestone M/T2 at 57lbs. That's a far cry from the 38 lbs of the OEM street Pirelli, and 48 lbs of the OEM all-terrain Pirelli, so range will take a big hit. Pirelli has done a good job keeping the AT tires light as the next competitors I could find were 55-57 lbs each.
I've never owned a vehicle with rims larger than 16ā€œ so I too did a little research on 275/65-20 offerings. Good news is that this is a far more common size than I anticipated, and in fact everything in this size at Tire Rack was a Load Range E 123-126 rating, and most seem in that he 57-60 pound range. I am fine with the tread pattern of the OE Pirelli ATā€™s, I think, but I am sold on the heavier construction of E rated tires for puncture resistance on rocky stuff out West. But based on my experience switching from OEM 116 rating tires to E rated on my Tacoma, there could be a significant range hit. And range is already my biggest concern. But itā€™s all about compromise; full size spare and plug kit & compressor should make things OK until proven otherwise.

like2short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW m3
Occupation
Race car driver

like2short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW m3
Occupation
Race car driver
I'm considering the same for my off-road tires. The RAM has full size, stock 20"x9" steel wheels as their spare, so I'm hoping offsets work.
Rivian is et 48. RAms are around 28, which will widen the track.

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Great to see the fitment details on stock rim, thanks for getting that posted.

Close up of that pic:
Rivian R1T R1S Non-OEM alternative wheels/tire options file

5x5.5 20x8.5
48mm offset
I suspect that '1890' is load rating in lbs, 857kg.

I will likely start with 21x9.5. Will need to see my Rivian in person to know what we need to do with offset to get the fitment right. That stock 20x8.5 is not much wheel for a vehicle over 7000 pounds... I run 20x8.5 on my Ridgeline that weighs about HALF.

Rivian R1T R1S Non-OEM alternative wheels/tire options file

Last edited:

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Great to see the fitment details on stock rim, thanks for getting that posted.

Close up of that pic:

5x5.5 20x8.5
48mm offset
I suspect that 1890 is load rating in lbs, 857kg.

I will likely start with 21x9.5. Will need to see my Rivian in person to know what we need to do with offset to get the fitment right. That stock 20x8.5 is not much wheel for a vehicle over 7000 pounds... I run 20x8.5 on my Ridgeline that weighs about HALF.
In case it is not obvious to everyone, wider wheels/tires will increase rolling resistance and reduce range.

It may be a worthwhile tradeoff, but unless you are planning to hang on to the OEM 21's for road trips it is something that you would probably want to take into consideration.

Sponsored

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Add me to the list of people wanting to stick with the stock 21s for daily driving and then a set of mud/snow for Missouri weather and off-roading. I can drive to Colorado and get into some serious off-roading but the 20s will make that trip harder with the range drop. So I think I need a set that I can carry in the bed or on the racks. Unless someone wants to rent me a set every other year or so.
Missouri off-roading has a lot of mud involved.
Pretty sure carrying an extra set of wheels/tires would negate the range advantages of the 21ā€ wheels.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Just a quick note that the 21s from Rivian are a unique wheel size, like literally unique. So it might not be that easy to find winter/AT tires for them.

jonny2vests

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Tech industry
May I resurrect this thread? Here we are in 2023! I have the stock 21s and I'm looking for 20" rim and tire combo set for Canadian winter driving. Any recommendations?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
May I resurrect this thread? Here we are in 2023! I have the stock 21s and I'm looking for 20" rim and tire combo set for Canadian winter driving. Any recommendations?
Get some 20" wheels, like the r1000 from EVSportline, and 276/60r20 tires with a 115 or 116 load index.

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 R1S Launch Edition, ā€˜20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs