thestvff

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Limesone + OC + Dark 20's), Tesla MY
Clubs

Do we know if the software will be able to change the tire profile and auto-adjust the speedometer?

I’m also planning on the stock 21’s with a separate set for off-roading. Curious what that process is like.
Sponsored

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
I just sent this same question to CS yesterday, asked them will I be able to tell the vehicle / dial in which size wheelset I am using. I change at least twice a year for snowtires on and off. Plus maybe more often with this truck as I will be using it to tow a fair amount in the warmer months, depending on what size, type of tires I go with.
Hopefully I’ll have a response Monday..though I’m not expecting a clear answer.

Re. Load Rating discussed above, on TireRack yesterday I noticed both the 21” and 22” Rivian tires listed. 22” is listed as 115H, $408; the 21” shows 116H, $388 each.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Space Pirate
Add me to the list of people wanting to stick with the stock 21s for daily driving and then a set of mud/snow for Missouri weather and off-roading. I can drive to Colorado and get into some serious off-roading but the 20s will make that trip harder with the range drop. So I think I need a set that I can carry in the bed or on the racks. Unless someone wants to rent me a set every other year or so.
Missouri off-roading has a lot of mud involved.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I would love to see someone photoshop some bronze wheels on a forest green r1t. I went to the Venice hub last week and saw a fg/fe r1t. Promptly changed my configuration for the 1 millionth time. I think it would look amazing with bronze wheels and some ko2 tires.

Rivian R1T R1S Non-OEM alternative wheels/tire options Screenshot_20211024-101835_Chrome

Last edited:

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Add me to the list of people wanting to stick with the stock 21s for daily driving and then a set of mud/snow for Missouri weather and off-roading. I can drive to Colorado and get into some serious off-roading but the 20s will make that trip harder with the range drop. So I think I need a set that I can carry in the bed or on the racks. Unless someone wants to rent me a set every other year or so.
Missouri off-roading has a lot of mud involved.
Pack carefully! A full extra set of tires will take up most of the bed. Frunk and gear tunnel will come in handy.

Sponsored

dsps70

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
I would love to see someone photoshop some bronze wheels on a forest green r1t. I went to the Venice welcome center last week and saw a fg/fe r1t. Promptly changed my configuration for the 1 millionth time. I think it would look amazing with bronze wheels and some ko2 tires.

Screenshot_20211024-101835_Chrome.jpg
I have these exact same wheels on My red 19' ram 1500 Longhorn. I really like them and surprisingly get frequent complements based on them. I wanted something different than the usual black wheels but was very concerned how these would look. I am happy with my decision. Apparently the bolt pattern for the Rivian R1T is same as my Ram. It would be really cool if I could use my current wheels on the R1T. (w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT 285/60/20's). Plus, I also have the stock 19' Ram 1500 longhorn wheels that are also quite nice. Not sure about Rivian's wheel offsets, but I'm sticking with the free 21" stock Rivian wheels and exploring non OEM options and possibly using wheels I already have.
Rivian R1T R1S Non-OEM alternative wheels/tire options ram with fuel rebel wheels .PNG

Last edited:

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I have these exact same wheels on My red 19' ram 1500 Longhorn. I really like them and surprisingly gets frequent complements based on them. I wanted something different than the usual black wheels but was very concerned how these look, but I really like the wheels and the look. Apparently the bolt pattern for the Rivian R1T is same as my Ram. It would be really cool if I could use my current wheels on the R1T.
ram with fuel rebel wheels .PNG
Those look sweet! I wish I could keep my wheels on my taco but I don't think 17 inch will clear the calibers. That would be amazing if you could bolt yours up. I agree with getting something different , everyone has black wheels these days. Are you configured with red canyon?

Rivian R1T R1S Non-OEM alternative wheels/tire options 20210923_141526

dsps70

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model sP90D/ ram 1500/lexus 350RH
Occupation
medicine
Those look sweet! I wish I could keep my wheels on my taco but I don't think 17 inch will clear the calibers. That would be amazing if you could bolt yours up. I agree with getting something different , everyone has black wheels these days. Are you configured with red canyon?

20210923_141526.jpg
Thx.. Going back and worth between compass yellow and white, so I very well may need new wheels with my color choices… but who knows. I like red, but I have a red car/ truck already and want to move on to another color.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I would love to see someone photoshop some bronze wheels on a forest green r1t. I went to the Venice hub last week and saw a fg/fe r1t. Promptly changed my configuration for the 1 millionth time. I think it would look amazing with bronze wheels and some ko2 tires.

Screenshot_20211024-101835_Chrome.jpg
My original thought as well. If I keep my FG order (still on the fence), there will be a set of bronze wheels in my future.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Stock 21's here. I'd love a set of black steelies for Midwest winter driving, but am having a hard time finding 20" steelies.

Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Stock 21's here. I'd love a set of black steelies for Midwest winter driving, but am having a hard time finding 20" steelies.
I'm considering the same for my off-road tires. The RAM has full size, stock 20"x9" steel wheels as their spare, so I'm hoping offsets work.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
My issue is finding rims that are not a complete aero shitshow.

Need to look good AND not trash my range.

thestvff

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Limesone + OC + Dark 20's), Tesla MY
Clubs

I just sent this same question to CS yesterday, asked them will I be able to tell the vehicle / dial in which size wheelset I am using. I change at least twice a year for snowtires on and off. Plus maybe more often with this truck as I will be using it to tow a fair amount in the warmer months, depending on what size, type of tires I go with.
Hopefully I’ll have a response Monday..though I’m not expecting a clear answer.
Any word back on this?

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
Any word back on this?
Here we are. Nothing specific, no real answer. Again.

“Thanks for reaching out to ask about this!

I know you will certainly not be the only one who wants to swap between sets of wheels, tires as they progress through the seasons. I am not presently aware of a specific process for letting the vehicle know what wheels it has or if it will, in fact, be necessary at all, given the many automated systems that detect these sorts of differences. However, we do not advise opting for aftermarket wheels as we cannot guarantee support for products outside of our own.” ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I have these exact same wheels on My red 19' ram 1500 Longhorn. I really like them and surprisingly get frequent complements based on them. I wanted something different than the usual black wheels but was very concerned how these would look. I am happy with my decision. Apparently the bolt pattern for the Rivian R1T is same as my Ram. It would be really cool if I could use my current wheels on the R1T. (w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT 285/60/20's). Plus, I also have the stock 19' Ram 1500 longhorn wheels that are also quite nice. Not sure about Rivian's wheel offsets, but I'm sticking with the free 21" stock Rivian wheels and exploring non OEM options and possibly using wheels I already have.
ram with fuel rebel wheels .PNG
This is a very good looking wheel, but when you say the bolt pattern between your '19 Ram 1500 Longhorn is a match to the Rivian, are you saying they offer this in a five bolt pattern? All of the R1's run on five-bolt wheels, while I think all Longhorns run on 6-bolts, right?

I agree that this style and color would look really nice with many of the R1 colors. I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind of options the aftermarket has in the way of nice highway wheels and tires for both Rivians.
Sponsored