Sponsored

My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain)

First Name
Kuang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I had a nail on the driver-side front tire of my R1T and I didn't have the tools to fix it. So, I went to Discount Tire (DT) to get it patched up. At DT, they said they didn't have pucks but had an adapter to lift my truck, and the manager there assured me that it was okay to use it. They also mentioned that they were authorized by Rivian, which made me trust them even more. After they finished patching up the tire, they did not mention anything to me, and I had to inspect the truck myself. To my disappointment, I found that the underbody plastic panels on both the driver's side and passenger side were bent inward. I immediately went to talk to the manager, who told me to email the picture of the damage and the incident to the corporate. I want to know whether anyone else has faced a similar situation, and if DT covered the expense of replacing the plastic panels.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain) image5

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain) image4

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain) image2

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain) image1

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain) IMG_1137
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Sounds like the team at your local @Discount Tire didn't pay that good of attention during the Rivian training. Sorry about your experience, probably going to cost a few hundred bucks to replace those panels.

Edit: Wrong discount tire.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
There are 2 Discount Tire chains in the US?

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

I think Discount Tire is called America's Tire in California and you went to Discount Tire and Service Center
discounttire.com (redirects your to americastire.com in California)
Welcome to America's Tire
You're shopping in an area where our stores are called America's Tire.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RivianWonderer
First Name
Kuang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I think Discount Tire is called America's Tire in California and you went to Discount Tire and Service Center
discounttire.com (redirects your to americastire.com in California)
Welcome to America's Tire
You're shopping in an area where our stores are called America's Tire.
The thing is they told me they were authorized by Rivian…. Which is like why even say that… Jesus… will be going to America tire.

Last edited:

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

The thing is they told me they were authorized by Rivian…. Which is like why even say that… Jesus… will be going to America tire.
If they were authorized by Rivian they would know you can remove the plastic covers to jack without the pucks. Considering they just jacked it on the plastic the damage does not look that bad.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Nooooooooo!
Rivian R1T R1S My R1T was damaged "Discount tire service center" (not the national Discount Tire chain) 1000009410

May I suggest updating the title to reflect the correct offender? @Discount Tire is innocent of this err.

And definitely get it fully inspected by Rivian, quoted for replacement parts (including labor) and send them the bill... Then put that money towards rock sliders 🪨🎚

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

1000009410.gif

May I suggest updating the title to reflect the correct offender? @Discount Tire is innocent of this err.

And definitely get it fully inspected by Rivian, quoted for replacement parts (including labor) and send them the bill... Then put that money towards rock sliders 🪨🎚
Yes - it wasn’t DiscountTire mate. Please update @RivianWonderer
Sponsored