First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I’ll be receiving my EVS order next week and just want to clarify what is the best method of prying up the dash board without damaging the wood trim I don’t want to screw things up and just curious if I decide to remove the unit just in case Rivian at some points adds Car Play, will the dash board settle back down and look normal again
Sponsored

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I’ll be receiving my EVS order next week and just want to clarify what is the best method of prying up the dash board without damaging the wood trim I don’t want to screw things up and just curious if I decide to remove the unit just in case Rivian at some points adds Car Play, will the dash board settle back down and look normal again
Warm the dash pad some way, preferably leaving it in the sun. I used my heat gun as "sun" was not an option here in Seattle! For lifting, I used my heavy duty plastic interior trim removal tools.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085XSSR88/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

These come in handy for many projects, so definitely good to have a set around the garage.

kuau

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks I just ordered the kit on Amazon
Any like kit will do. That just happened to be the one I purchased last year and it has served me well (for many projects).

RivianPioneer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Lawyer
Anyone receive their unit and have an installation report to share?
Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread: JEBINC’s installation tips and review of 1EV / EV Sportline CarPlay / Android Auto display kit IMG_8934

I received mine and hardwired it into my R1S in about an hour. It was relatively easy following @EV Sportline ‘s video. You have to be comfortable contorting yourself a little as mentioned by @jebinc earlier in this thread, but otherwise it’s pretty straightforward. You can hide most, but not all of the wiring in routing it from the fuse panel to the screen; the wires are not completely hidden. I like the fact that you can apple play from the built in speaker or via Bluetooth as well.

Sponsored

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

Installed mine on 26th. No issues. Does use up the battery of phone more which is understandable. No dash scratches. 12v would not power unit so did hard wire install. Not 100% sold on it. I use Android auto w Google maps and love my Sirius XM so thats nice. Chargepoint and Plughare work well w AA and the EV sport line unit.

Riv maps and Google routing about the same. I will use both for long trips for charging w Riv maps and traffic concerns w Google.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread: JEBINC’s installation tips and review of 1EV / EV Sportline CarPlay / Android Auto display kit 20240102_095344

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Installed mine on 26th. No issues. Does use up the battery of phone more which is understandable. No dash scratches. 12v would not power unit so did hard wire install. Not 100% sold on it. I use Android auto w Google maps and love my Sirius XM so thats nice. Chargepoint and Plughare work well w AA and the EV sport line unit.

Riv maps and Google routing about the same. I will use both for long trips for charging w Riv maps and traffic concerns w Google.

20240102_095344.jpg
What are you not sold on? The hard wire vs 12v dash plug?

bholliday5150

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
La Silver R1T (7/14/22), Ford Explorer
Occupation
Assistant Principal,
Clubs

What are you not sold on? The hard wire vs 12v dash plug?

The price is right. Just may not need it over time as in dash unit improves. Traffic updates makes it worth it alone at this point. I like it don’t get me wrong…just a lot of screens lol

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I wish we would get green and blue bubbles so we know who's who on here!! Good to know which team people are playing on! LOL
Well, I for one am using the Rivian phone because I prefer the integrated experience Rivian gives me. It works well with my Zune.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Well, I for one am using the Rivian phone because I prefer the integrated experience Rivian gives me. It works well with my Zune.
I’m still hoping for an integration for my Newton.

Sponsored

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
IMG_8934.jpeg

You can hide most, but not all of the wiring in routing it from the fuse panel to the screen; the wires are not completely hidden. I like the fact that you can apple play from the built in speaker or via Bluetooth as well.
You can hide the wire better if you keep on going to the driver's side door past the speedometer screen and down the left side of the car.

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread: JEBINC’s installation tips and review of 1EV / EV Sportline CarPlay / Android Auto display kit IMG_8899

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread: JEBINC’s installation tips and review of 1EV / EV Sportline CarPlay / Android Auto display kit IMG_8901

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread: JEBINC’s installation tips and review of 1EV / EV Sportline CarPlay / Android Auto display kit IMG_8902

kuau

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Just installed my CarPlay display and it maybe took 10 minutes very easy for me I am for now using my under dash cigarette adapter which is working fine for me.

as I am an iPhone user this display is a game changer and more importantly a huge safety enhancer. I hope Rivian adds CarPlay support though I’m not holding my breath

Rivian R1T R1S Master Thread: JEBINC’s installation tips and review of 1EV / EV Sportline CarPlay / Android Auto display kit IMG_2389

Hull22

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Warm the dash pad some way, preferably leaving it in the sun. I used my heat gun as "sun" was not an option here in Seattle! For lifting, I used my heavy duty plastic interior trim removal tools.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085XSSR88/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

These come in handy for many projects, so definitely good to have a set around the garage.
Or you could just turn on the window defrost to heat things up. I did that when I installed mine today.
Sponsored