MagSafe Charging Pad - Yet another design

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
On my R1S I wanted something more simple than the many products on the market, so I designed and 3D printed (yet another) MagSafe charging pad. Simple, charges 2 phones. 2 Apple OEM MagSafe chargers are installed from the bottom. No cutting or removing anything. This locks in and does not move once installed. Yes, it uses both USB-C charging ports in the center console (you lose the USB-C data storage option). When seen in person, if you were not a Rivian fanatic I don't think you would know it is not stock.

Rivian R1T R1S MagSafe Charging Pad - Yet another design IMG_4061

What do you think?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: sub

Yodahoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
This looks great - really nice job! Are you open to sharing the design file? Would love to print one myself.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
The dashcam already saved me the hassle of proving I didn't cause an accident for that reason I would not chance driving without the hard drive.

Also, wish Rivian did a 12v outlet inside the center console, that would allow for a 12v adapter that offers 6 or more usb plugs A and C inside the center console

OP
OP

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
The dashcam already saved me the hassle of proving I didn't cause an accident for that reason I would not chance driving without the hard drive.

Also, wish Rivian did a 12v outlet inside the center console, that would allow for a 12v adapter that offers 6 or more usb plugs A and C inside the center console
I ordered one of these:

https://alldock.de/ALLDOCK-Split-cable-USB-C

..which claims to be the "world's only solution to extend the USB-C ports of your charger." It has shipped from Australia to the USA so I don't know how long it will take to arrive. I'll post info on it when I get it.

Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I ordered one of these:

https://alldock.de/ALLDOCK-Split-cable-USB-C

..which claims to be the "world's only solution to extend the USB-C ports of your charger." It has shipped from Australia to the USA so I don't know how long it will take to arrive. I'll post info on it when I get it.
Yeah I saw that on amazon I think, I would definitely do that if chosing this type of magsafe charger.

I did actually do the s00nish magsafe charger system that replaces the Rivian one completely and doesn't use any of the usbc ports.

jskyler

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE RB/BM/22 Brights delivered May 23
Thanks for sharing the STL file! I just printed on my AnkerMake M5C with PETG and it came out beautifully. It doesn't quite fit my JSAUX MagSafe chargers but a little bit of dremel work and all was good.

Appreciate your sharing this with the community and it's one of the better solutions that I've seen!

akmonster

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Product Marketing
This looks great. I made a version myself previously and added a 3D texture of ash in SolidWorks and printed in black (I have the dark ash interior). It looks good imo. I may try to match the wood grain a bit better.
Sponsored