RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I'm glad to see people interested in this as I've been working on a new holistic replacement as well. I was planning on pulling out the entire charging pad, replacing it with a shelf for magsafe or qi chargers, angling them backward somewhat and adding a dividing line between two phones.

Ideally, I want to expand the notch or tray area to make it a bit more useful too. All while making it easily printable and batch producible for folks who don't have the capability to 3D print.
Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
@kozak79 mine printed really nicely at 235C and 110C (fula-flex bed recommendation) but it cooled with a slight bow in the middle (not warping), maybe a couple mm. You can easily push it down flat from the top-middle. Did you see anything like that?

OP
OP
kozak79

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

@kozak79 mine printed really nicely at 235C and 110C (fula-flex bed recommendation) but it cooled with a slight bow in the middle (not warping), maybe a couple mm. You can easily push it down flat from the top-middle. Did you see anything like that?
Mine had a bow too. It's the nature of 3D printing flat panels, there will always be some warping. You can warm it up a bit with a heat gun or in the oven and then put a heavy book on it to cool flat

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Looks great! Will need to get a MagSafe puck now. Hrm... Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket black ones are exactly the right size?

Rivian R1T R1S My own MagSafe charging pad with Rivian Logos :) STL attached for 3D print IMG_1791.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S My own MagSafe charging pad with Rivian Logos :) STL attached for 3D print IMG_1792.JPEG

(Lightning cable routed through the cable channel just to make sure is lays flat properly. The white container is RWerksman's center console tray filled with napkins and a hair clip.)

OP
OP
kozak79

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

Looks great! Will need to get a MagSafe puck now. Hrm... Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket black ones are exactly the right size?

IMG_1791.JPEG
IMG_1792.JPEG

(Lightning cable routed through the cable channel just to make sure is lays flat properly. The white container is RWerksman's center console tray filled with napkins and a hair clip.)
Came out great!

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
The JSAUX ones are just a tick bigger but generally work.

Hey hey! Nice! :D

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

The JSAUX ones are just a tick bigger but generally work.
Good to know, that’s what was in my Amazon cart waiting for info.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
(My) print quality could be better but I really like it! Double sided tape isn’t quite thick enough to make it not slide so I stacked like 4 pieces on top of each other and it’s pretty secure.

Rivian R1T R1S My own MagSafe charging pad with Rivian Logos :) STL attached for 3D print F1CA8135-1E59-4D3B-B72A-D4DAE5C85FE9

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

(My) print quality could be better but I really like it! Double sided tape isn’t quite thick enough to make it not slide so I stacked like 4 pieces on top of each other and it’s pretty secure.

F1CA8135-1E59-4D3B-B72A-D4DAE5C85FE9.jpeg
Can someone show a picture with one or two phones on the magsafes so we can see how much they overhang?
Thanks.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Can someone show a picture with one or two phones on the magsafes so we can see how much they overhang?
Thanks.
I can still fit my wallet in the front pocket, if that's your concern. I can take a picture later

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Got the JSAUX, they’re ever so slightly too big. I’d need to file down the tray to fit properly, but they mostly fit - and I figured out I could wedge them in with the “top” (toward front of vehicle) sticking up ever so slightly.
That has a side benefit of lifting the top of the phone up which lets the camera bump not interfere. Drove a curvy road “enthusiastically” and held nice and solid!
Great design!
Rivian R1T R1S My own MagSafe charging pad with Rivian Logos :) STL attached for 3D print 6ABAB54F-1CB9-48D1-A643-E9C9322116D4

Rivian R1T R1S My own MagSafe charging pad with Rivian Logos :) STL attached for 3D print 80444667-E3A9-460B-A721-D0E45A0C7B04
Sponsored