Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
"Fires up Fusion 360 and the 3D printer"
As a 20 year inventor user….I can barely use fusion. It’s like the design team never used any other CAD packages.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone tested to see if it is a constant power source or switched source powering the charger?

I would be surprised if it is active when the vehicle is off.
That's been a bit of a connundrum over the years with cigarette outlets & phone charging. Some older cars powered them off with the ignition (I think my 90s Volvo did that) which is a hassle if your really wanted to charge your dead phone in the car while you do something else. Many cig outlets are hot all the time now.

So should car manufacturers keep wireless charging pads hot or not? My opinion is they should be on a time delay. Leave it powered on for 90 minutes in case I really want to charge, then kill it to minimize phantom power loss.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As a 20 year inventor user….I can barely use fusion. It’s like the design team never used any other CAD packages.
Fusion definitely has its quirks and learning curve! More than a few things in the UI are non-intuitive, and I get really frustrated with the sketch constraints that they auto apply with their "we think we know what you want to do" logic.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Fusion definitely has its quirks and learning curve! More than a few things in the UI are non-intuitive, and I get really frustrated with the sketch constraints that they auto apply with their "we think we know what you want to do" logic.
The workflow is just different enough from inventor or solidworks even to make me want to throw the computer out the window.

I think it’s a ploy to get people to buy a full-fat inventor subscription.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

And here i use openscad lol.

Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Hopefully Rivian does a redesign on that charge mat due to all the problems people are having. I also would welcome a disable button so you can put things ontop of it. Would almost be better if they put the wireless charging down in the bottom tray area.

I would just email rivian asking for a possible disable button, not sure if possible but if enough people ask for it might happen.
My 2022 MDX's charge mat has an on/off button to address this, apparently very common, request/complaint : )

clownsmashd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - LE Green/20" AT/BM -- Chevy BOLT EUV
Occupation
Data Scientist/Engineer
Clubs

Thanks for the post. Was incredibly easy to open this up and unplug the wireless charging. Neither my wife or I have wireless charging phones but we did test it with two friend's phones and they charged without any issues. I also have a Chevy Bolt EUV and when we put non charging phones in the slot in that car they would get hot as well as things like garage door opener, keys, etc... I just had to pull a fuse in that car to disable it. The pad in the R1T is a very convenient place to put your phone or other things so I definitely wanted to disable this. Would have been nice to have a switch to turn this on/off. If it becomes available in sw then I'll plug it back in otherwise I'm fine with this being disabled.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Took the wireless charging mat off today. Very easy to remove, just lift up from the crevice with your fingers. Easy to remove and clean but it is held on with 4 pieces of double sided tape. The wireless charging module is underneath
Super helpful, thank you. I'd rather not fry my key fob when I set it on the mat, and the wireless charging was never reliable. It must've been designed by the same interns that made the trash camp speaker.
Sponsored