First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Self
Yes. All fixed. Just required recalibration and alignment.
Glad to hear. As others have mentioned, mine was in for a week and all they did was an alignment and tire rotation.

Still won't keep a straight line on any road. I'm to the point where I'm most likely just trading it in.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Yes, because I required they let it sit for several days to ensure no settling/sagging with time.
Ahh that makes sense. A little bake time. I wonder if the recalibration is something that can be done in the field by say… an informed owner, or if it‘s more involved.

OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Ahh that makes sense. A little bake time. I wonder if the recalibration is something that can be done in the field by say… an informed owner, or if it‘s more involved.
I asked that question. More involved. Requires SC tools and access.

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
My never-ending air suspension issue.

From day one my vehicle was leaning to the front passenger side. It would be anywhere from 1" to 1.5" lower than they rest of the vehicle. After several complains, several tries, and several visits they fixed the issue by replacing the air ride manifold. When I picked up the truck I believe the left and right side were within a 1/4" of each other. I was happy with that!! Not only did this fix the ride height but the vehicle also stopped pulling to the right.

Well, here we are several months later (5 to be exacted). I notice my vehicle pulling to the right again. After running my errands, I parked my vehicle in my garage and noticed it was leaning to the passenger front again. Pulled out the tape measure and sure enough (F/L 35-3/4" F/R 34-3/4"). It was off by an inch.

Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1848
Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1849

I drove around for a few days hoping it would magically correct itself. Nothing changed. I then preformed a vehicle reset. Thinking that might correct the issue. Nothing. At that point I made a request for service. They got back to me right away and scheduled an appointment for Friday 3/17/23.

The next day I decided to try the auto leveling mode to see if the feature even works and if it would get the suspension to return to normal.

The auto leveling did work, took longer than I thought. I did make sure I was on uneven ground.

When I selected to return it back to standard ride height. Once finished there was only a 1/2" difference between the L/F and R/F. Under my notifications It says truck leveling done with check mark.

I took my car on another errand and then parked it in my garage, took another measurement. Both left and right sides are measuring in at 35".

Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1860
Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1861

Been keeping an eye on it for the past two days. They have been within 1/4" of each other. I also have the same notification stating the truck leveling is complete. Should that have cleared by now? That was 2 days ago?
Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1862

Now that the suspension is level again, I don't know if I should bring it in for service. I feel like they are going to think I'm crazy.

I've also noticed my front suspension drops 3/4" overnight. Is that normal?
Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1857
Rivian R1T R1S Lopsided/sagging suspension!!! IMG_1858

F123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just had my wheels changed from 21"s to 22s, by a Rivian mobile service tech. Since then, the driver front has been 1-1.5" lower than driver rear or passenger side, and the vehicle pulls to the right, and the steering when vibrates/shakes, even at low speed.

The service center is booked for months. I'm going to get the wheels balanced and road force tested at a local place. But for the suspension/sagging, would it make sense to try the auto leveling that some of you did? Any step by step process it tips? Do or don't do this on level ground? Thank you!

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
If you have the entire front or rear sagging over time, you have a leak in the air system. Mine was a loose fitting at one of the rear air springs and the entire rear sagged because they are linked. If you have just one putting itself at the wrong height, it's likely something more complicated. I have seen some on this forum that got it fixed so it is possible. Here is a post about that issue:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/passenger-side-lower-than-driver-side.5969/post-222267

I love the camp mode leveling as a sort-of reset to the height sensor system. I am keeping that in my back pocket as the first thing to try if this happens to me.

F123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Setting to high and then auto and then driving a few miles *seems* to have reset mine, but I parked on a slope and then put it in camp/autolevel mode, in case that helps as well. I wasn't able to see that the suspension had changed while it was driving based on wheel to trim gaps, but it felt more level, the pull to the right mostly stopped, and the steering shake drastically dropped.

Hoping that everything is back to normal! This all started immediately after switching from 21s to 22s via Rivian Mobile service.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My never-ending air suspension issue.

From day one my vehicle was leaning to the front passenger side. It would be anywhere from 1" to 1.5" lower than they rest of the vehicle. After several complains, several tries, and several visits they fixed the issue by replacing the air ride manifold. When I picked up the truck I believe the left and right side were within a 1/4" of each other. I was happy with that!! Not only did this fix the ride height but the vehicle also stopped pulling to the right.

Well, here we are several months later (5 to be exacted). I notice my vehicle pulling to the right again. After running my errands, I parked my vehicle in my garage and noticed it was leaning to the passenger front again. Pulled out the tape measure and sure enough (F/L 35-3/4" F/R 34-3/4"). It was off by an inch.

IMG_1848.jpg
IMG_1849.jpg

I drove around for a few days hoping it would magically correct itself. Nothing changed. I then preformed a vehicle reset. Thinking that might correct the issue. Nothing. At that point I made a request for service. They got back to me right away and scheduled an appointment for Friday 3/17/23.

The next day I decided to try the auto leveling mode to see if the feature even works and if it would get the suspension to return to normal.

The auto leveling did work, took longer than I thought. I did make sure I was on uneven ground.

When I selected to return it back to standard ride height. Once finished there was only a 1/2" difference between the L/F and R/F. Under my notifications It says truck leveling done with check mark.

I took my car on another errand and then parked it in my garage, took another measurement. Both left and right sides are measuring in at 35".

IMG_1860.jpg
IMG_1861.jpg

Been keeping an eye on it for the past two days. They have been within 1/4" of each other. I also have the same notification stating the truck leveling is complete. Should that have cleared by now? That was 2 days ago?
IMG_1862.jpg

Now that the suspension is level again, I don't know if I should bring it in for service. I feel like they are going to think I'm crazy.

I've also noticed my front suspension drops 3/4" overnight. Is that normal?
IMG_1857.jpg
IMG_1858.jpg
My drivers side front suspension has started dropping overnight. This is new hadn’t happened before. Last time I came up to the car it was slammed in the lowest setting till I opened the door and the driver suspension lifted to correct itself. Didn’t seem normal.

Gonna try the put it in off road mode test and see if it drops after a few hours on that side.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Question for everyone - are you using "kneel mode" or do you have that setting turned off?

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Question for everyone - are you using "kneel mode" or do you have that setting turned off?
Kneel mode off. I used it a few times and noticed my drivers side wasn’t coming up to the same level. Turned it off and that issue corrected. Haven’t used it since.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Turned off
I had a similar issue, was in for service twice. The driver side was sitting 1-1.5" lower than the other wheels. They ended up replacing my front driver side strut, which made it better but still not perfect. They recommended I turn off kneel mode, as they admitted they are still working out the kinks and ever since, the truck has been great. They mentioned the driver side sitting lower was actually by design, since thats where the driver gets out from but that seemed strange to me.

They can also calibrate your suspension at the service center, which mine did twice. They typically keep it overnight to make sure no leaks. Once they verify, you should be good to go.

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

They mentioned the driver side sitting lower was actually by design, since thats where the driver gets out from but that seemed strange to me.
Seems like a load of BS.
Similar issue here, driver front is 1.5" lower than passenger. Truck is in service but according to the app it's now been sitting in their parking lot for 6 days without even moving.
Sponsored