Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The argument that I was making that most people in the 75-125 bracket are buying EV's because of the fuel savings. I have this same pole posted on another website. My Co-Workers were making the argument that only someone that rakes in the money can afford this type of vehicle.
While the original premise is probably not far off, the R1 price point would trend towards higher income. There are plenty of cheaper EVs on the market and/or used EVs that I'd assume those below say $150k would be looking at. My first EV was a used California compliance car, a 2015 Chevy Spark EV. It was a shitbox, but it was fantastic as a 2nd (or in my case at the time 3rd) car to just run errands and daily driving. At $7.5k for a car with around 15k miles on it...it was hard to beat for my use and learning about EVs. When MINI announced the Cooper SE I put in an order because of my experience with the Spark. Had that car for about 2.5 years and kept it until my Rivian came in...super fun and one of the cheaper EVs on the market at the moment. For me, the Rivian replaced the MINI and my off-road built 4Runner, which made it far more affordable in a relative sense.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The price increase kinda screwed up your poll results too. At the old pricing your hypothesis was closer to being correct I think. Now I think it has priced that income range out. If Rivian didn’t reverse their decision on that I would have had to bail. So I feel very fortunate to even have my truck considering…

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I realize this isn’t Rivian specific but hear me out. I’ve wondered about this for a while. A bunch of y’alls signatures boast of atleast 3-4 cars. Several of you have mentioned owning the likes of “7th Tesla” and not to point fingers, but todays “bought a 3rd Rivian”.

Now I’m not jealous or anything just trying to see what kind of “league” I’m in here and if anything, how comfortable it is financially to own so many vehicles.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Wow, what a personal question! I'm wondering how many people would actually tell you the truth.

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
I hid poll responses for that specific reason

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I hope the IRS isn't looking ;)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Why are the polling options all so low?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I realize this isn’t Rivian specific but hear me out. I’ve wondered about this for a while. A bunch of y’alls signatures boast of atleast 3-4 cars. Several of you have mentioned owning the likes of “7th Tesla” and not to point fingers, but todays “bought a 3rd Rivian”.

Now I’m not jealous or anything just trying to see what kind of “league” I’m in here and if anything, how comfortable it is financially to own so many vehicles.
This poll already exists.

How much household income? | Rivian Forum - R1T R1S R2 News, Specs, Models, RIVN Stock -- Rivianforums.com

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My R1T is my only vehicle and I pretty much Mr Magoo'd my into it😌

Sponsored

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
You mixed up two different measures of wealth. Yearly income vs. being a millionaire. Being a millionaire is kind of pedestrian now. If you own a house and have a 401k and are >30 years old, you probably are a millionaire, at least in this forum.

RivRyan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, ID4
Occupation
consulting
You mixed up two different measures of wealth. Yearly income vs. being a millionaire. Being a millionaire is kind of pedestrian now. If you own a house and have a 401k and are >30 years old, you probably are a millionaire, at least in this forum.
That's true sort of. Ownership of a house would be relevant if you own it outright. If you have a 401K worth $500k, a few other assets and a $500k house with $300k principal left to pay off, you're not a millionaire.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I rent my wife's R!S on Turo while she sleeps to make the payment. She hasn't really picked up on it yet, but did mention she thought she smelled weed, found some blond and red hairs and wondered where all the glitter came from. Christmas!!
Sponsored