Sponsored

Joninrye

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I put down $2000 for an R1T and R1S on November 27th of 2018 and finally got a Rivian Guide to reach out to me. Talked to them yesterday and they reached out to me specifically because I selected the Ocean Coast interior they wanted me to know that unless I change to the Black Mountain it may be another 6 months to a year of waiting. He really could not lock down that timeframe. So I changed to the Black Mountain interior option with the Rivian Blue. Honestly disappointed but will put up with it. I wanted the lighter interior as where I live in San Diego the summers can get very hot, will be cooling down the truck from their app a LOT!

Now I am told it will be 1st or 2nd week of April to take delivery so that is AMAZING news!

I also ordered the camp kitchen, turns out those don't exist. As in outside a few demo units they do not exist. The guide has never seen one in person. Also there are zero reviews of them online from anyone but Rivian. I was promised a price lock for $5k on that when they become available. Attaching newest spec sheet.

R1T Price Fixed changed options.JPG
6 months to a year? That sounds like the speculative exaggerations of an over exuberant guide who has been instructed to try to get customers to switch to BM.

Frankly, It also seems manipulative. Once again it would be great if Rivian would just treat us like grown-ups and tell us the facts.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Easy way for Rivian to get out ahead of something for once... deliver trucks (to non-employee customers) with OC interiors.

sgec

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Interesting, considering yesterday my guide confirmed we are still on target delivery of May (or sooner) for OC interior...and I have seen another TX confirmation for Rivian Blue with OC set to take delivery in April in the forums...

Maybe this is hot off the press info internally that hasn't filtered to the guides yet...guess I'll just continue to *patiently wait*
Yesterday my guide said switching to BM would speed up my order. I said I would stick with OC. Later in the conversation I asked my guide to speculate when the delivery would be and my guide didn't know but guessed it would still be around the end of April. Probably just speculation on the guides part.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Yesterday my guide said switching to BM would speed up my order. I said I would stick with OC. Later in the conversation I asked my guide to speculate when the delivery would be and my guide didn't know but guessed it would still be around the end of April. Probably just speculation on the guides part.
Yeah, I agree with you. I was offered to make the switch to BM, but confirmed with him via text yesterday that I would be sticking with my original configuration of OC.

He replied that we are still on target delivery for May (insert grain of salt). Lots of speculation in this thread and frankly I can understand why. We've had a solid amount of deliveries over the last 30 days for those with BM, but not a single OC....

If we're speculating, I think we'll start to see OC deliveries trickling in over the next 2-3 weeks (fingers crossed). Cheers to staying optimistic!

rivianbuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED
Occupation
DRINK MAKER
I just got off the call w my guide... super helpful and professional. I ordered white w OC and was asked if I wanted to switch as I could get the white truck w black interior in less than a month versus an unknown wait... no pressure to switch... simply my choice... I will likely wait it out and stick w OC... I was not expecting my truck until June at the earliest anyway... my guide did not speculate on the OC wait time... said he didn't know... I also hit him up on exactly how many LE orders there are... he said Guides have never been told...

Sponsored

rivianbuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED
Occupation
DRINK MAKER
I just got off the call w my guide... super helpful and professional. I ordered white w OC and was asked if I wanted to switch as I could get the white truck w black interior in less than a month versus an unknown wait... no pressure to switch... simply my choice... I will likely wait it out and stick w OC... I was not expecting my truck until June at the earliest anyway... my guide did not speculate on the OC wait time... said he didn't know... I also hit him up on exactly how many LE orders there are... he said Guides have never been told...
He also said no OC interiors had been delivered... is there a ship off Long Beach waiting to off load?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Were you a May-June window or a June-July window?

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
<insert tongue firmly in cheek> Maybe the guides are getting a bonus for switching people to the backlog of BM interiors? <remove tongue from cheek>

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Nah. It's the exact same material, just one is dyed a different color. It's like putting a green piece of paper in a printer vs a white piece of the same size/thickness, either way they're loading the same material it's just one is a different color. It shouldn't even slow the process down to do different interior colors, as it's the same interior.

If they're delaying OC it's a supply issue, ie.. they forgot to order it soon enough or the material they got in didn't meet QC standards. Or they want people to swap to BM to save money.
same part, different color, sure thatā€™s all fine and good. However, if the pigments needed to make those different colours are in short supply, or there arenā€™t enough vegan hides availableā€¦.none of that matters.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
same part, different color, sure thatā€™s all fine and good. However, if the pigments needed to make those different colours are in short supply, or there arenā€™t enough vegan hides availableā€¦.none of that matters.
I know there's a shortage of vegan hides because feed for the Nauga has been in real short supply ever since the feed plants were shut down back in 2020.

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Does make sense that they do charge more for the Ocean Coast now where they previously did not. So by pushing those with the pre-order pricing locked in earlier away from something they now lose money on makes sense. Although I would rather them say I could keep the OC and I would pay the extra money for it.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Does make sense that they do charge more for the Ocean Coast now where they previously did not.
Just guessing, but it could be that they are just trying to price items more based on customers perceived value, and Rivian got some updated info that makes rivian think customers value OC enough to pay more.

Or some logic like we either need to charge more to cover the costs for this many SKUā€™s or get rid of some.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
This is pure speculation, perhaps the current OC has tested as easily picking up too many stains, say from blue jeans. Better to optimize the materials and coatings rather than have a bunch of unhappy customers and warranty replacements.
Sponsored