Sponsored

May/June Deliveries Thread

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Not entirely true, there has absolutely been a FG/FE delivery (pics on this forum), which mean there have been several others.
I must have missed it. Link to a forest edge interior delivery pics?
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I must have missed it. Link to a forest edge interior delivery pics?
There are a few out there this week.

Forest Edge / Forest Green R1T delivered to @heretohelp25 on Reddit.

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-6-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-5-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-4-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-3-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-2-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-9-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-7-

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread forest-edge-interior-rivian-r1t-delivered-1-

Last edited by a moderator:

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes!!!

I think you, @Rhidan , and me should all take delivery on the same day/time at the service center and throw a party in the parking lot. Think about it.
That would be pretty awesome! Just will need to bring some ice and take the spare tire out for a day 1 tailgate.

Last edited:

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Wasn’t asking for sympathy. But thank you any ways. I was just questioning the process.
Aren't we all! As a fairly early preorder holder, I sincerely believe THAT should be a priority, as in "LE priority delivery." But in reality, it appears other factors like location and configuration are a bit more important to Rivian, and the reason I switched to BM after the OC delay email. I keep telling myself that a later delivery gives Rivian more time to produce a quality product with less bugs. But, this still doesn't stop me from asking my Guide why people with 2020 and 2021 preorders are receiving their trucks before a mid 2019 LE preorder like me, hoping in some way this might stimulate them to pay more attention to mine, and say "Hey, we overlooked that, here is your R1T!" Still hoping for a VIN number and 8 step process email s00n.

Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
It feels like some guides are far more proactive, offering to find any vehicle on their spreadsheet that might work for their buyer and getting it done, while others seem to be stuck in a waiting loop for the specific vehicle to come down the line.

DonLong90

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi, 2009 Honda Pilot, 1996 Ford Ranger
I had my guide call on Friday and I received the email about the 8 step process today. I can't complete the process yet because I am waiting on a pre-approval letter from my lender. I didn't think about get that already. Hopefully, I will get the letter tomorrow so I can finish up the process.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Aren't we all! As a fairly early preorder holder, I sincerely believe THAT should be a priority, as in "LE priority delivery." But in reality, it appears other factors like location and configuration are a bit more important to Rivian, and the reason I switched to BM after the OC delay email. I keep telling myself that a later delivery gives Rivian more time to produce a quality product with less bugs. But, this still doesn't stop me from asking my Guide why people with 2020 and 2021 preorders are receiving their trucks before a mid 2019 LE preorder like me, hoping in some way this might stimulate them to pay more attention to mine, and say "Hey, we overlooked that, here is your R1T!" Still hoping for a VIN number and 8 step process email s00n.
I 100% agree with you. I hope you receive your VIN and 8 step soon. I know this is a learning process for Rivian. Hopefully they get this figured out s00ner than later.

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ACURA TL, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Yeah it makes zero sense to be assigning guides delivering trucks to 2021 pre-order customers in Southern California when there are tons of us that are flexible on configurations and have pre-orders a year or 2 older. I'm sure this is one of the areas with the most pre-orders.

I don't mind waiting my turn, but this kind of out of order delivery mess makes your assigned window completely useless.
08/2019 preorder here. No guide contact or PBA yet. All I hear is canned responses whenever I chat with the CS. This is driving me crazy.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
08/2019 preorder here. No guide contact or PBA yet. All I hear is canned responses whenever I chat with the CS. This is driving me crazy.
It's just bad business. There aren't that many pre-orders in 2018 -2020 that they can't get a handle on it and send you a specific email about your situation.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Better yet, there ought to be a "hard ceiling" at the end of 2020 for anyone getting an R1T right now. There's no way in hell the 2018-2020 club doesn't contain at least a dozen of every possible paint/interior combo and the wheels shouldn't be a show-stopper. The fact that anyone that pre-ordered since Jan 2021 is getting some action only craps on the people who've stuck it out the longest. (rant concluded)

Ammskore

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford F-150
Are you delaying until after 7/1 for the IL tax incentive?
Nope. Very long story but waiting until then could cost me more in opportunity cost in the long run.

As for the call yesterday, my guide said my exact configuration is "coming off the line today. Sent PBA and I signed immediately. She said expect VIN today" and we'll get started on the paperwork. It's a stretch, but may be able to pick up from the factory Friday if paperwork zooms through and the truck passes all inspections. We'll see!

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
5.2 - Received guide email, set up initial call

5.5.22 Initial guide call very upbeat. Guide was in Illinois. She mentioned trying to get trucks out quickly (potentially by 5.11, I said Great!) Said if I keep my config the same, I could possibly get delivery in a week. I asked about adding a gear shuttle, but not available any time soon, so on the list to get one later. Otherwise left my config as it. Guide was not sure where my truck would ship out of. No close SC here, likely either atlanta or virginia (250 miles, think Atlanta a little closer). Said scheduling flatbeds for delivery could be a rate limiting step. Received electronic signature consent request and PBA from Guide immediately after the call. Signed both.

5.9.22 Received an email @ 12.45 EST, subj: "It's time to begin the purchase process." Linked to the 8 step process. Completed 6 of 8. A VIN was listed in the purchase contract. VIN '44XX.
Can't finalize insurance w/o delivery date, going with the Rivian insurance. After talking to the agent, turned out to be substantially cheaper, for two cars, my house and an umbrella policy, ~ $2500/year vs ~ $3300. I think I am comparing comparable coverage, but a lot of fine print.

So waiting on delv date, Guide tells me she will check in the morning. Submitted payment using ACH/Plaid. Payment removed from checking account by next day, 5.10.

Signed up to get quotes for my current 2016 Outback (81k miles) from Kelly Blue Book. 1st online offer from local dealer was $17.2K 5.8.22 - after inspection local dealer said $15.4K, problems mentioned were tires are near end of life and passenger window wouldn't work from driver door control. Don't understand window comment, all controls work fine , but sort of agree on tires, est 50-75% used.) Guide said Rivian offer was take it or leave it, no negotiation. South Carolina "sales tax" on vehicles is $500 max, so sell vs trade in won't change sales tax I pay.

Rivian offer for my trade in was comparable to local car dealers, but Carvana and Driveway both appear to be offering more ~ $19.2k). Hope it holds. One concern is that while the Outback tires are still ok, its not by a lot, have ~ 35k miles vs 65k tread warranty. (Thanks to everyone for the tips on Carvana, Driveway). Accepted Carvana offer, scheduled pickup of my old car on 5.13.22.

5.10.22. Guide tells me my truck is in Atlanta, about 250 miles from me. Closest SC as best I know. Truck will be inspected Friday, 5.13. Won’t get delv date before inspection. Asked if I could take delivery any time if something opened up. (yes) Payment was withdrawn from my checking account today.
5.11.22 - No New News :(
5.12.22 - No New News :(
Carvana postponed picking up my old car from 5.13 to 5.21., Checked with Driveway, they were still interested, but can’t take my car for a few weeks.

5.13.22 - Guide tells me my R1T is not part of the passenger seat recall. However, she also tells me my R1T needs minor paint correction. The truck has been sent to an outside bodyshop, for paint correction on 5.18.
5.14, 5.15, 5.16, 5.17 - No New News :( on my R1T.

5.18 Guide tells me paint correction date was an inaccurate estimate, outside body shop now says due to be competed 5.20.22 My guide gave me a tracking number for my charger. , but UPS tracking shows not picked up yet, 24 hours later.

5.19 Guide tells me Rivian can't schedule a truck to deliver my R1T until
June 2 at earliest, assuming they find no other problems. Asked Rivian to lock in Jun 2nd date, Guide later confirmed date, received June 2nd delivery notification from Rivian later that day.

Guide did say I could pick up my R1T to expedite, means a full day of driving for me and my wife, need to drive my car 250 miles to the ATL SC and back, including the "joy" of using I-285 to get around part of Atlanta, and drive the R1T back, adding a total of 750 miles to my vehicles . Considering, but likely won't do this.

Asked if meeting at a mid point would help scheduling .(cuts their delv time in half), but said not.

5.21 - Sold my 2016 Outback to Carvana, $19.2k (Rivian offered $15.4k). Sales tax $500 max in SC, so no issue. Carvana picked up car, quick, easy. Rc'd email confirmation. Payment showed up in my checking account early 5.23 (a Monday). From looking at Carvana website, comparable Outbacks were listed in the $22K to $25k range. Driveway's offer was $19.3k, but are not in my area, and couidn't pick up for a "few weeks". CarMax offered $17.4k. Local dealer was same as Rivian.
(Update 5.31: Noticed my outback listed on Carvana 10 days later for $22,990, $3800 above what they paid me.)

5.22 - No update on if the paint correction was competed on my R1T. Still pending 6.2.22 delivery.

5.23- Guide confirmed paint corrections and inspections are complete
5.24 - Received Rivian wall charger via UPS. Settting up meetings with 2 contractors to quote, have preliminary, ~ $1500 in addition to charger costs. Includes setting up a spot for a 2nd utility meter. Very short wire runs (< 15 feet)

5.31 Asked guide to confirm still on for June 2 delivery (Yes), Asked about license plates, as I hadn't hear anything from Rivian. I had active plates from the car I just sold, which I'd prefer to use. Guide said to send a picture of the plate and registration, but that paperwork will be submitted after delivery. Also contacted Rivian insurance to make sure would start June 2nd. Waiting for call back, but agent promised to call. Insurance complete. 8 steps marked complete. Rivian agent emailed insurance cards, not availalbe on Nationwide website yet.

6.1. Guide confirm 6.2 delv. Recommended all drivers install the app, and be present, with driver’s license.

6.2 Received text at 7:30 AM from Rivian saying delivery is today and warning they may be early than scheduled 4pm. I confirmed ok. Receive another text from another rivian number at 9:14 saying the truck was on its way.

6.2 Received email requesting I sign and notarize documents online at 8:30. Documents giving Rivian power of attorney to register the vehicle in my and wife's name. Involved an online video document signing and uploading driver license images and swearing to a notary online via video being recorded real time (or lawyer?) that the info was true. Never got the process to work in Chrome on Windows 11, but worked ok in the Edge browser.

6.2 R1T delivered to my driveway at 3PM today. No problems noted thus far. So many things to look at, learn, try out. Spare tire, floor mats, cargo bars, wrist band all to be delivered later.

6.7 Rivian rep called me to ask how car was doing. I mentioned concern A/C seems not to be able to keep up. He mentioned two missing parts, I mentioned waiting for spare tire, cargo bars, floor mats. wrist band. Apparenlty someone from Rivian will come out to "install" the spare, when available.

6.9 Rivian charger installed in my garage. by electrical contractor. Added a new meter box (w/o meter), 60 amp breaker, wiring to get lower EV charging rate. Inspected by county. Waiting for utility to install meter. $1520 + cost of Rivian charger.

6.11 Called Rivian, A/C not keeping up. Said someone would call me back in 1-2 business days.
6.15 Submiitted another service request on the app for A/C repoir in early AM. Call in evening asking for help. Rivian apologized for lack of response. Asked if a tech could call to help troubleshoot by phone. Said no. Asked if tech could visit to repair. Said no. Only option was to take back to Service center in Atlanta (250 miles away)
6.16 Rivian called to say they would be picking truck up on 6.17 to take in for repair. Would not give time frame for repair.

Received cargo bars this day, via UPS. Waiting for spare, mats, wrist band.

New power meter installed for my Rivian charger today. Setup the charger, was tricky to get it connected to wifi. My wifi SSID is two words, with a space in between the words. I was not able to connect. Added a guest account with a 1 word SSID, and it connected promptly. Rivian seems to be using somewhat an outdated wifi tech in their charger. Set the R1T to charge starting at 10pm up to 70%. Worked as expected, added 22-24 mile equivalent to the R1T, close to 11 kwhr / hour.

Sound system went weird today. Driving around, changed to a spotify channel and the sound became very muffled, could hear "distant bass" like from a low car close by, could tell music was playing, but hard to make out. Tried resetting the UI, no help. Did a hard full reset to the R1T (left steering wheel button and emergency flasher button). Took a few minutes to boot back up, but the sound returned to normal.

6.17 Rivian had hired a local hauler to take my R1T to Altanta. Good communication from hauler, showed up 7:30am, I drove my R1T up onto his very nice trailer. He tied it down well at each wheel. Took it to Atlanta, left 8am. Can follow the trip on the app, pretty neat.

6.21 5th day w/o my truck, Expected update from Rivian service center but didn't get. Texted contact who had said he would let me know today. Phone app shows temperature in the truck at 131F! Truck appears to be setting outdoors in Atlanta when I click on the "see your vehicle's current location" in the phone app.

6.23 Rivian tells me truck will be returned to me tomorrow (6.24). Recharged freon, which was low. Detected no leaks.
Received Rivian floor mats today (3 weeks after delivery of the truck). Spare tire, wrist band still pending.

6.24 Truck delivered. A/C much better. Installed floor mats and cargo bars Floor mats a little tricky. 3d printed Rivian keytags for the cargo bar keys.

7.12. Had XPEL PPF put in front hood, bumper, headlights, mirrors, front fenders, mirror backs and door handles ($1850) and full expel ceramic coating including wheels and all glass ($1100). Just a few days before Rivian offers their deal, which may be a bit cheaper? My R1T even Looks better though.

7.15 Spare tire delivery scheduled for 7.21, to my house. Asked about wrist band, Rivian says " in the fall".

7.21 Spare tire delivered and put in place by Tesla tech in my driveway.

8.18.22 Received registration and title. 90 day tags were set to expire 8.30.22. Put on my plates.

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

To all those May/June window watchers getting Guide contacts and posting them here...

Rivian R1T R1S May/June Deliveries Thread cheers-beer-

Next time you speak with your Guide, tell him/her to focus on deliveries of FE green interiors.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I 100% agree with you. I hope you receive your VIN and 8 step soon. I know this is a learning process for Rivian. Hopefully they get this figured out s00ner than later.
One day after sent "whining" email and text to my Guide, TODAY received via email my VIN, and completed 7 of 8 steps, and Guide is trying to arrange delivery in next few days! Not sure if email and/or text made a difference, but there it is...
Sponsored