Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I changed my May-June LE FE delivery to BM. We'll see if I get it any sooner.. fingers crossed.
Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I just spoke to CS now, and was told to expect a Guide call TODAY! He also said, without prompting from me, that to his knowledge there is no feat on any interior or exterior colors. Must be several people calling and asking about delays.

unfortunately I’m flying today. So Guide contact may have to wait until Monday.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician

grantsi

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, Porsche Cayenne
I just spoke to CS now, and was told to expect a Guide call TODAY! He also said, without prompting from me, that to his knowledge there is no feat on any interior or exterior colors. Must be several people calling and asking about delays.

unfortunately I’m flying today. So Guide contact may have to wait until Monday.
Very exciting that you are slated for an R1S call with an agent...you are 14 months ahead of me but it gives me hope. Now you just need to ask the pilot to be prepared to find a good place to land incase that call comes through.

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations
Relative to BM, yes, an OC config is likely holding up delivery, but relative to quoted delivery windows there has been nothing remotely definitive. Pure speculation and no reports of a missed delivery window based on OC.

Case in point, spoke to my guide again today. Zero mention of OC delaying things. He did say my wheel change might cause a delay, but not my interior color.
What do you say now....? I had my guide assigned weeks ago... signed the PBA and was told my delivery was still "on track"...then Rivian casually sends the April 25th email... (5 days before the end of my "window" )and yanks the carpet out from under us Ocean Coast pre-order holders. Rivian continues to withhold info and mislead pre-order holders, with no intention or ability to honor the commitments and timelines that THEY set. Love this truck... but do not like or trust this company. Imagine what servicing is going to be like...

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
What do you say now....? I had my guide assigned weeks ago... signed the PBA and was told my delivery was still "on track"...then Rivian casually sends the April 25th email... (5 days before the end of my "window" )and yanks the carpet out from under us Ocean Coast pre-order holders. Rivian continues to withhold info and mislead pre-order holders, with no intention or ability to honor the commitments and timelines that THEY set. Love this truck... but do not like or trust this company. Imagine what servicing is going to be like...
Now is 4 weeks later with different information. It went from conflicting speculation to official confirmation.

I am right there with you on the frustrations of this delay. Guide reached out and wants to chat tomorrow. Not sure what he'll be able to tell me that I don't already know. I've already reaffirmed with him I'm not changing to BM or FE.

747 Whalewatcher

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S and Mercedes 450GLS
Occupation
Airline Operations
Now is 4 weeks later with different information. It went from conflicting speculation to official confirmation.

I am right there with you on the frustrations of this delay. Guide reached out and wants to chat tomorrow. Not sure what he'll be able to tell me that I don't already know. I've already reaffirmed with him I'm not changing to BM or FE.
I hear you...I switched to FE last week and ahead of the 4/25 email... just had a feeling the shoe was going to drop... wasn't expecting a seven-month push though... and based on Rivians track record, that could easily turn into a year and at best all you will get is a scripted and disingenuous apology. I just don't believe anything they say. Being an early pre-order holder has meant nothing to them. They could have given early reservation holders the option to change configuration right out of the gate, rather than string us along in the dark and deliver to many who ordered 6mo, one, and two years later. My F150 Lightning might deliver first at this rate.
Sponsored