Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Did the photo violate Rivian policy? Sure.

Does that mean the admins have to (or should) take it down? Absolutely not, especially since there's nothing sensitive, proprietary, or inaccurate about it (unlike the "owner" review taken down earlier).

This board isn't bound by Rivian's policies and shouldn't act as if it is - unless they want to start feeding us information in return for doing them a favor.
Rivian absolutely could send a C&D over the photo and be within their rights, depending on what the contract of entry is, like if they require a photographer to surrender all copyright to photos taken.

Doesn’t quite look like a R1S rear hatch…I assume another manufacturer incident?
Well, technically it's a chevy.
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I just hope Rivian's production engineers are as focused as their secret police.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
For what its worth; they've clearly just done a hiring round for general assembly. There are a half dozen or so people bragging about their new jobs in GA on facebook this week.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
<eye roll> Seems kind of funny to me that they’ll reach out to pull a low res photo that nobody can really use to figure anything out; but its been ~week or so and a dozen+ online news sites are still mistakenly blasting out that their CEO resigned.

Priorities people. Oh also, if Rivian wants to silence me; overnight me a purchase contract for delivery this month :-D
Or that they can't bother to correct (or confirm) the Motor Trend Truck of the Year award. It's not like thousands of people have read that and may be making a purchasing decision based on getting 300+kW via and OTA or anything.

Rivian R1T R1S Factory production floor - recent look 1642701904471

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
So; just some added context for people that saw the photo. According to "sources," the photo was not the assembly line proper, (which we all mostly interpolated anyways), but "it is a staging area for mostly prototypes, and since they are not building prototypes the area is being used for staging from the production lines."

Sponsored

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Did the photo violate Rivian policy? Sure.

Does that mean the admins have to (or should) take it down? Absolutely not, especially since there's nothing sensitive, proprietary, or inaccurate about it (unlike the "owner" review taken down earlier).

This board isn't bound by Rivian's policies and shouldn't act as if it is - unless they want to start feeding us information in return for doing them a favor.

Acquiescing to the request may be courteous but it's a bad editorial decision, especially if there's nothing offered in exchange and no good reason to do so.
I'm not sure if you feel like removing the photo is somehow a violation of your rights or what. And if you do, does that mean you're ok with a violation if you get something in return? And how do you know there wasn't anything sensitive in the photo?

It's not a constitutional crisis ffs. :rolleyes:

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'm not sure if you feel like removing the photo is somehow a violation of your rights or what. And if you do, does that mean you're ok with a violation if you get something in return? And how do you know there wasn't anything sensitive in the photo?

It's not a constitutional crisis ffs. :rolleyes:
You are way overinterpreting my posts. I think it’s a bad call to remove true things when you don’t have to simply because a company asks. I also don’t think the photo was all that interesting - which makes Rivian’s request all the more puzzling. Nobody here gleaned anything of signicance from it. But there’s not much more to discuss about this in any event.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Or that they can't bother to correct (or confirm) the Motor Trend Truck of the Year award. It's not like thousands of people have read that and may be making a purchasing decision based on getting 300+kW via and OTA or anything.

1642701904471.png
Rivian R1T R1S Factory production floor - recent look theworldmayneverknow-idk

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
So; just some added context for people that saw the photo. According to "sources," the photo was not the assembly line proper, (which we all mostly interpolated anyways), but "it is a staging area for mostly prototypes, and since they are not building prototypes the area is being used for staging from the production lines."
Called it!

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

1642701904471.png
or the CEO/COO resigning (coo retired) thing.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they retained their MO of silence even after going public. Just hurts the stock price short term since they won't issue any releases correcting false and misleading news.

Someone should have replied to RJ's latest video that they thought he resigned from the company and linked the articles.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
or the CEO/COO resigning (coo retired) thing.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they retained their MO of silence even after going public. Just hurts the stock price short term since they won't issue any releases correcting false and misleading news.

Someone should have replied to RJ's latest video that they thought he resigned from the company and linked the articles.
We do not know that they did not request that to be fixed, might be that the people not interested in editing their article before posting it just did not appease Rivian’s request.

I do not think that we can assume Rivian did not request a fix just because it was not updated. I’m actually more concerned about all of the sites that referenced that bogus information without any kind of validation for accuracy.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Well if Rivian isn't selling trucks to non-employees yet, what's the difference between a prototype and a production truck anyway? :turkey:

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
We do not know that they did not request that to be fixed, might be that the people not interested in editing their article before posting it just did not appease Rivian’s request.

I do not think that we can assume Rivian did not request a fix just because it was not updated. I’m actually more concerned about all of the sites that referenced that bogus information without any kind of validation for accuracy.
That is puzzling Considering the news is not factual & rivian could sue them for not pulling the article even after notifying them of the inaccuracies.

Either rivian didn’t request retraction or someone has lot of money to lose.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Either rivian didn’t request retraction or someone has lot of money to lose.
editors are replaced with algorithms, so there’s no one to respond to a retraction request ?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

editors are replaced with algorithms, so there’s no one to respond to a retraction request ?
Yahoo! got exactly what they want, need, and live for.

Sponsored