Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

[Removed at request of Rivian]
Someone get that photo and scrutinize it. It’s not like we haven’t seen the factory before. So what are they hoping to hide?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Someone get that photo and scrutinize it. It’s not like we haven’t seen the factory before. So what are they hoping to hide?
most places I’ve worked generally have had policies prohibiting phones and cameras on the floor.

Could be anything really.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

wow, Rivian has crawlers monitoring this forum? sheesh. they should spend half that energy working on thier comms dept and that would solve half the issues with customers.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Dang. I missed the photo before it was taken down. I wonder what happened. Was it really Rivian reaching out to the Admin asking to take it down? Crazy. In that case, please hurry along my R1S ?

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
<eye roll> Seems kind of funny to me that they’ll reach out to pull a low res photo that nobody can really use to figure anything out; but its been ~week or so and a dozen+ online news sites are still mistakenly blasting out that their CEO resigned.

Priorities people. Oh also, if Rivian wants to silence me; overnight me a purchase contract for delivery this month :-D

Last edited:

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
wow, Rivian has crawlers monitoring this forum? sheesh. they should spend half that energy working on thier comms dept and that would solve half the issues with customers.
You have a point. On the other hand, I am kinda glad they read these threads and I was hoping they make it a required reading for their CS and Engineers.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Came across a new photo dated early Jan, of the production floor (Sorry I don't want to be more specific---lets not make it too easy for the Rivian lurkers):

[Removed at request of Rivian]
So the Rivian SS finally found your picture. I find it scary how secretive Rivian is. Do they even have any real/valuable IP to protect? Tesla's Austin factory will be years ahead in production methods and yet they are allowing daily drone flyovers documenting the building of their 8.5 Million sq. ft plant.

Reactions: Guy
OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
So the Rivian SS finally found your picture. I find it scary how secretive Rivian is. Do they even have any real/valuable IP to protect? Tesla's Austin factory will be years ahead in production methods and yet they are allowing daily drone flyovers documenting the building of their 8.5 Million sq. ft plant.
To clarify, I don’t think the Rivian folks are members of the SS. I get it where they’re coming from

I just think they’re being a bit silly in their attention to minor things relative to much bigger things they should be focusing upon.

I am a reasonable guy. ….I can be bought. :)

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
To clarify, I don’t think the Rivian folks are members of the SS. I get it where they’re coming from

I just think they’re being a bit silly in their attention to minor things relative to much bigger things they should be focusing upon.
After 3+ years, I just get frustrated with Rivian. Something as petty as this picture which shows nothing of IP, they found, found you, and ask to have it removed (SS)? But something important to me, Payload rating, something that is required by law, to this day, they still tell me 1,760 lbs for all R1T's which is factually incorrect. So yes, Rivian has much of their focus and attention in the wrong areas.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
After 3+ years, I just get frustrated with Rivian. Something as petty as this picture which shows nothing of IP, they found, found you, and ask to have it removed (SS)? But something important to me, Payload rating, something that is required by law, to this day, they still tell me 1,760 lbs for all R1T's which is factually incorrect. So yes, Rivian has much of their focus and attention in the wrong areas.
I can understand why people are salty. I just don't want to assume malicious intent on Rivian's part.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The now removed picture may have been very innocuous, but if it violated some policy of "No pictures from the floor or of the floor", it had to go. If they stopped enforcing that mandate, it would likely lead to trouble down the road. Similarly, someone's probably getting a lecture, or worse about now.

Rivian, like most new companies, is trying their hardest to control the flow of communications and info. I'm not sure there was anything damning in that picture, but rules are rules. I just believe they're trying to keep the lid on Pandora's Box.

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
The now removed picture may have been very innocuous, but if it violated some policy of "No pictures from the floor or of the floor", it had to go. If they stopped enforcing that mandate, it would likely lead to trouble down the road. Similarly, someone's probably getting a lecture, or worse about now.

I'm not sure there was anything damning in that picture, but rules are rules. I just believe they're trying to keep the lid on Pandora's Box.
Totally get it, but those are Rivians rules and it’s their responsibility to enforce them on their employees.

Relying on accommodating admins in an unaffiliated forum to remove a photo that is the product of their failure to enforce their rules is however, very different and I don't find that particularly acceptable.

Last edited:

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
I don't think it's that big of a stretch that we have members of this forum working for Rivian and are here by their own choice. It's also not like it's that hard to find the photo when the title of the thread is literally "Factory production floor - recent look". It's currently one of the top threads too. It's probably someone on their lunch break that saw it and went "Hey boss, look at this".

I monitor this site as much as anyone, but I still have time to do my job. I highly doubt Rivian have a team of "dedicated sleuths". We're not that important and, while it's pretty active here, there's not that much material to consume in a given day (unfortunately).

I suppose being cool with them requesting that the photo be removed is a different conversation, but no matter. ?‍♂

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Totally get it, but those are Rivians rules and it’s their responsibility to enforce them on their employees.

Relying on accommodating admins in an unaffiliated forum to remove a photo that is the product of their failure to enforce their rules is however, very different and I don't find that particularly acceptable.
I get that completely. Posting something that's already out there seems pretty innocent and, at least for me, isn't the issue. It's just that it should never have been out there in the first place. Someone who should've known better messed up in shooting and releasing that pic. You and I have no idea that it was some apparent violation of company policy, but likely will question any others that seem unofficial, going forward.
Sponsored