Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Source: RivianTrackr
ElectraFi first reported a 2022 R1S Quad in Illinois installing this OTA on January 26.

Software Update 2024.03
Quick Controls
The former Vehicle app is now replaced by a new quick controls feature. Use quick controls to instantly access commonly used vehicle controls, such as doors, lights, and exterior mirrors. Choose Vehicle at the top of the center display (or swipe from the left of the screen) to open the Access panel. At the top of the Access panel, choose Shortcuts to access other controls, such as Car Wash, Pet Comfort, and Windows Locks.

NOTE
To show Quick Controls automatically when the vehicle is in Park, go to Settings > Vehicle > Access to select the preference.
Individual Passenger Window Locking
With Window Locks, you now have the ability to customize which passenger windows to lock. Go to Vehicle > Shortcuts > Window Locks > Edit to select the windows. By default, Window Locks both rear passenger windows (not the front passenger window).

Ride Feel And Ride Height Improvements
  • Expanded the selection of Ride Feel settings for on-road Drive Modes, each curated to accentuate the characteristic of the mode.
    • Firm: A more connected driving experience.
    • Moderate: The best balance of ride and handling for daily driving in All-Purpose, Conserve, and Snow modes.
    • Soft: Improved isolation from road and terrain imperfections
  • Improved Ride Feel in Conserve mode with smoother negotiation over speed bumps, potholes, and driveways at lower speeds.
  • In collaboration with the winning Rivian Rebelle Rally team, improved performance in Soft Sand mode by expanding Ride Height and Ride Feel selections for increased maneuverability in sand and when cresting dunes.
Gear Guardā€™s Late-Night Adventure
Do you ever wish Gear Guard was real? We do.

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.03 Software Update *BETA* (Quick Controls, Individual Passenger Window Locking, Ride Feel & Ride Height Improvements & More) gearguardadventure
Additional Improvements
  • Driver+
    • Updated a notification in the Highway Assist re-engage function.
    • Highway Assist is now available on most interchanges (roads connecting two freeways).
    • Fixed a very rare issue that prevented Highway Assist from reacting to an extremely close vehicle ahead when traveling at less than 5 mph (8 km/h).
  • Infotainment
    • You can now use a QR code to more quickly connect to a vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot. To access the QR code, choose Hotspot in the status bar on the center display.
    • Fixed a rare issue that prevented the Settings icon from appearing in the app tray.
    • Fixed a rare issue that caused the seat calibration panel to appear when Adaptive Cruise Control engaged.
    • Fixed an issue that caused a notification to partially obstruct the camera view when the vehicle was shifted into Reverse.
    • Fixed a rare issue that caused Bluetooth audio to glitch after a hands-free phone call ended.
  • In the Rivian mobile app, when charging your vehicle away from home, you now receive a notification when charging is complete. When you charge at a Rivian Waypoints or Adventure Network, the notification also includes any idle fees, if applicable.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the mirrors to unfold when you exited the vehicle.
  • Fixed a rare issue that increased overnight range loss when Proximity Locking was set to Lock Only at home, the vehicle was at home, and the phone was within Bluetooth range of the vehicle.
  • Fixed a very rare issue that prevented scheduled drive preconditioning from pulling power from the charger, even though the settings was enabled.
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Anyone get this update yet? /s

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

OP, you apparently beat my thread by a minute. Hopefully the admin cleans it up and removes mine.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I will be the first to comment:

- ā€œIā€™m disappointed that this update doesnā€™t have what I want now.ā€

- ā€œJust another minor update.ā€

What else did I miss? šŸ˜‚
What? No CarPlay?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Weā€™re getting a real Gary yā€™all!

Also, loving the addition of an in between ride firmness.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So I should be able to download this now, right?

:CWL:

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Fixed a rare issue that increased overnight range loss when Proximity Locking was set to Lock Only at home, the vehicle was at home, and the phone was within Bluetooth range of the vehicle
NICE

Sponsored

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I was hoping the long period between releases would mean this update would be more significant. I guess not. Is this the smallest update yet? Who was asking for individual child locks? Does RJ have one particularly difficult child?

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was hoping the long period between releases would mean this update would be more significant. I guess not. Is this the smallest update yet? Who was asking for individual child locks? Does RJ have one particularly difficult child?
I asked. Gonna be great to just lock out kids in rear without Locking out wife.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I asked. Gonna be great to just lock out kids in rear without Locking out wife.
Same. Lots of happy spouses after this release, this was the top feature weā€™ve been waiting almost two years for. She didnā€™t like being held hostage just to keep the kids safe.