Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
That's due to the cold weather
I am very aware of the impact of cold weather on a EV while driving/etc….we have owned several and own multiple now.

However, the truck is now consuming much more energy sitting in a 40-50 degree garage. Yes, the temperatures were warmer pre-last update, but the colder temperatures should not increase usage while sitting unless it is sleeping less now or the truck is conditioning the battery while just sitting, which it shouldn’t really be doing at 40-50 degrees……it’s not that cold.
Sponsored

Budman

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV
Clubs

Ugh, I don't see the issue with the FM Favorite being listed.

Ever since the Halloween update I haven't been able to select between the FM radio favorites using the steering wheel button control.

It's definitely not occasional.

if I hit the button it selects the next FM station and not a favorite even if I've specifically selected a favorite to start with it.
I have the same issue. Hope it got fixes.

MikeySea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model X
Occupation
Gainfully unemployed
Still no dashcam functionality - which we were told over the summer would be “coming in the fall”.
Yeah, I'd like to see this in the next update. Big omission in my view.

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
Often times things get delayed. I'm sure it is still in the pipeline just not ready for release. Would much rather have kinks worked out prior to releasing fully.

Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
anyone else waiting on this OTA to get uploaded to their truck?
No reports of it going to the public yet. This OP has a former employee's truck so he keeps getting the beta versions (which you can tell because the release number is .0. General public never gets a .0 release. Once we see a .1 or .2 or something, then we know it's going out to the masses. Hopefully soon, though. Personally I tend to get releases about a week after these .0 posts come out

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Clock on the drivers display!! oh wait
I mean sure whatever they should do it just because it's easy... But is this really your complaint? That's the one thing you want?

I understand people have different priorities; I just have a hard time seeing how this is your top issue.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Not a top issue, but it sure would be nice.

Sponsored

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
I mean sure whatever they should do it just because it's easy... But is this really your complaint? That's the one thing you want?

I understand people have different priorities; I just have a hard time seeing how this is your top issue.
a working tonneau cover is #1 on my list and it’s not even close. The clock on the drivers display is a comfortable #2. I don’t use a lot of the fancy software features really.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
There are things that can be fixed/improved via a software update. The tonneau cover is not one of them.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There are things that can be fixed/improved via a software update. The tonneau cover is not one of them.
They've already made several OTA software changes to the tonneau cover to make it more reliable.

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Huh. I didn't realize that. Either way, there are physical constraints they have to work within until they have the redesign fixed.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Meh, I would never use CarPlay if it were available.
I've decided I support adding CarPlay just so it never comes up on the forums again (which would be a serious quality of life improvement), but I'll riot if they replace the native apps with it. They don't cover every use case, but they are good!

I don't want to wade through two completely different UIs for basic tasks when my needs are 99% covered by the Rivian software.
Sponsored