Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Does anybody actually use this entry/exit feature? Personally I can't see how there's any adjustment to my seat and wheel that would make ingress/egress any better or easier. My Tesla had the feature, too, and it was also useless there. Maybe my size is the issue? (I'm 6'5")
It's actually mostly helpful for people just like you, with longer legs. Moving the seat back and wheel up makes it easier to swing the legs out.

However, they need to refine it more, because (just like the driver profile adjustments) the 3-4 movements happen sequentially and not simultaneously, so it takes too long to do all the adjustments when getting out. They don't even begin until you open the door, so you'd have to pull the handle, and wait up to 10 seconds before it completes (depending on the level of adjustment you set it for).
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
My truck works pretty well, but there are some bugs with infotainment and sluggish dashboard lightning changes going from light to dark etc.

There are no big features on my wishlist (other than CarPlay of course) but keep knocking out those bug fixes!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It's not dissappointing. It's absolutely stupid and assinine that they haven't addressed this yet.
It snowed in Vancouver this week, maybe their software people realized the necessity now

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Does anybody actually use this entry/exit feature? Personally I can't see how there's any adjustment to my seat and wheel that would make ingress/egress any better or easier. My Tesla had the feature, too, and it was also useless there. Maybe my size is the issue? (I'm 6'5")
I use it all the time in my Corvette and wish my MINI had it. I'm a relatively small human and have the seat close to the wheel which makes entry/exit a bit of a contortionist exercise in some vehicles. My 4Runner isn't a problem though, so maybe I won't care in an R1.

Sprout

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FE FG 21 ORP
Occupation
RADIAC tech
I agree as I am 6'4". However, the other driver is 5' and I'll bet she will like it.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I do wonder if a “snow mode” is purposely being avoided (I was told to use all purpose in snow).

Perhaps Rivian is wary about people who use Auto Pilot and then crash and blame the software?
I think a snow mode would benefit Rivian from a liability standpoint when it comes to Driver+/autopilot. If the vehicle is in snow mode they could limit or lock out Driver+ functionality. The logic is that if conditions are bad enough that you need a snow mode then the conditions probably aren’t suitable for the L2 capabilities present in the vehicle today.

OP
OP

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

Got my update last night but haven't had a chance to drive yet (weather here has been gross, mix of snow and freezing rain, so even tho I know my R1T would get down and up my hill no problem, I really don't feel like going out in this crap so some other bad driver can hit me lol).

I'll be 100% happy if this fixes the issue with the media control on the left steering wheel buttons. Really irritating when those intermittently quit working since I have to reach nearly over to the passenger seat to change the track otherwise.
I think the wheel button issue may have been fixed in 39.2, so it should be good now. When I put a ticket in for the wheel button issue a couple weeks ago, I was pushed 39.2.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I think a snow mode would benefit Rivian from a liability standpoint when it comes to Driver+/autopilot. If the vehicle is in snow mode they could limit or lock out Driver+ functionality. The logic is that if conditions are bad enough that you need a snow mode then the conditions probably aren’t suitable for the L2 capabilities present in the vehicle today.
I seem to recall my last Acura would disable lane keep assist and maybe even cruise control, when in Snow Mode.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
The thing I'm still waiting for and hope Rivian adds in the future is the ability to watch YouTube on the screen. Makes charging or waiting for the wife in the car while running errands so much more fun. Loved that feature more than I thought I would on my Tesla. Also liked playing chess and games on the Tesla.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else still waiting for this newer release to download to their R1? Nothing here, yet.

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I did receive the update for the Rivian Wall charger, which means my opaque garage door no longer looks like a Green Lantern lighthouse on the Oregon coast.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone else still waiting for this newer release to download to their R1? Nothing here, yet.
Just received my update this afternoon. It normally takes several days to a couple of weeks for it to roll out to everyone.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Anyone still waiting????

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 X5 50e, 2022 R1T LE
Occupation
Ops Director - Construction
Entry/exit adjustment feature would be great IF it worked for the passenger seat. My wife likes sitting up high and forgets to lower the seat when exiting, so has a difficult time entering subsequently. The kneel feature isn't helpful as we usually ride around town in conserve mode and lowest vehicle height anyway. Would be really helpful if this feature would help on HER side of the vehicle.
I’d love to see on-screen adjustment of the front passenger seat. I can’t stand it when a passenger leaves the seat reclined or moved all the way back and I have to either get out or lean way over the seat to adjust it so the next person to sit in the right rear seat doesn’t get stuck.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired