Sponsored

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am very aware of the impact of cold weather on a EV while driving/etc….we have owned several and own multiple now.

However, the truck is now consuming much more energy sitting in a 40-50 degree garage. Yes, the temperatures were warmer pre-last update, but the colder temperatures should not increase usage while sitting unless it is sleeping less now or the truck is conditioning the battery while just sitting, which it shouldn’t really be doing at 40-50 degrees……it’s not that cold.
It's the cold weather. Rivian has tight tolerances on battery temps. Weather dipped into the 20's recently and my truck started using 20% of entire household consumption just sitting there.
Sponsored

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

The phone app if you can even call it that is horrendous. I can't make calls without using my cell phone. First world problems for sure. But my 5 year old Jeep had better phone software controls than my Rivian. I am very disappointed that Rivian hasn't improved this yet.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I'm disappointed this hasn't been rolled out to the broader audience yet. Especially if this includes a Thanksgiving surprise similar to Halloween. One would have thought they would have pushed it out this afternoon, but still don't have it.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I don't think most people got the update. Keep in mind they usually roll out updates around every 4 weeks and if that's the case I think we should start seeing them roll out in larger batches next week. Think we all are getting spoiled with how frequently they try to improve the product

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am guessing no Thanksgiving mode. Which is a fairly big miss, from a marketing standpoint. I am thinking there will be lots of people at Thanksgiving gatherings that will be seeing Rivians for the first time. And these are even potential customers that haven't even thought of a Rivian much. And first impression can only be helped by showcasing how over the air updates can push fun stuff like holiday specific themes, etc...

Seems like a pretty big opportunity to me...for a pretty low cost...and all of us owners are no charge promoters. How many of us wouldn't showcase that in driveways across the country?

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
No turkey gobbles. I was looking forward to that. Maybe there will still be a Christmas mode.

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

what is the latest software update? I got my R1T on 11/9/22, two weeks ago. Software is 2022.39.3
Have not seen any software OTA pushes yet.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Why do some have 2022.39.1 (me), and others 2022.39.3 (others)? What’s the difference?

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Why do some have 2022.39.1 (me), and others 2022.39.3 (others)? What’s the difference?
I believe the main difference is 39.3 was released to address some bugs that a small number of people had with their air compressor when they updated to 39.1

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

So, did anyone with the update get a Gobble Gobble this morning?

I’m kinda irritated that I don’t have the update yet, but that seems to be fairly common right now.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

I’m kinda irritated that I don’t have the update yet, but that seems to be fairly common right now.
Nobody else really has this release either. Only employees and those who happen to have purchased used employee vehicles that are in the beta channel.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

No

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Nobody else really has this release either. Only employees and those who happen to have purchased used employee vehicles that are in the beta channel.
On the one hand, that's kinda lame. But on the other, on one wants to chance bricking a truck on Thanksgiving week.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've decided I support adding CarPlay just so it never comes up on the forums again (which would be a serious quality of life improvement), but I'll riot if they replace the native apps with it. They don't cover every use case, but they are good!

I don't want to wade through two completely different UIs for basic tasks when my needs are 99% covered by the Rivian software.
Gotta add Aa, but not CP. The rioting for Apple users would be hilarious.
Sponsored