JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Like the entry. No men

when I put in a service ticket they pushed 39.3 for me. If you put in a ticket they might push something to you earlier, either 39.3 or more likely 43.0
I did that, but I'm already on 39.3, which has the problem. They said they'd put me in the queue for the next update, but I'm probably already in that queue, anyway
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Like the entry. No men

when I put in a service ticket they pushed 39.3 for me. If you put in a ticket they might push something to you earlier, either 39.3 or more likely 43.0
Last time I asked, service wouldn't put my vehicle onto the beta test stream. Anyone who is already on it likely has a vehicle that was owned by an employee at one point.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

No Snow Mode? That's disappointing.
It's not dissappointing. It's absolutely stupid and assinine that they haven't addressed this yet.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Prior to leaving so that you can use a charger to warm the batteries.
One thing I plan on doing when I need more range is delay charging at home a bit so that it finishes charging right around when I plan to leave, and start cabin preconditioning early.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
One thing I plan on doing when I need more range is delay charging at home a bit so that it finishes charging right around when I plan to leave, and start cabin preconditioning early.
Same. Ideally they deploy a feature where you can tell the vehicle when you are leaving so that it will hit whatever charge level you need right around that preset time. Not to be that guy, but Tesla eventually rolled this out and it was a great change. If I recall you could even set a schedule such that I could program my car to tell it that I leave the house on weekdays at 7:30AM, and then the BMS would do that calculation on when to start charging to hit my desired % at that time. So the batteries were nice and preconditioned when it was time to go.

I have to assume they push this at some point.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Same. Ideally they deploy a feature where you can tell the vehicle when you are leaving so that it will hit whatever charge level you need right around that preset time. Not to be that guy, but Tesla eventually rolled this out and it was a great change. If I recall you could even set a schedule such that I could program my car to tell it that I leave the house on weekdays at 7:30AM, and then the BMS would do that calculation on when to start charging to hit my desired % at that time. So the batteries were nice and preconditioned when it was time to go.

My Volvo has a similar feature too.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
No Snow Mode? That's disappointing.

I do wonder if a “snow mode” is purposely being avoided (I was told to use all purpose in snow).

Perhaps Rivian is wary about people who use Auto Pilot and then crash and blame the software?

If they have a snow mode and a person crashes in the snow will they complain that it’s Rivians fault? “Snow mode doesn’t work! I still slid on ice while going too fast for the conditions!”

But yes I want a snow mode :)

Fezzik

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT PE, Rivian R1T, Nissan Titan, Mazda CX-3
Occupation
Self employed

Our Mach-e also has the departure preconditioning option for battery performance and range.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I've driven in snow and truck has done great. I don't find a need for it.
That is great. You hopefully will be able to leave it turned off then, and those who would feel more comfortable with less regen dragging tires and a more aggressive stability control, can choose to use it. That is what is great with options. Not everyone has to use them.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

If it ain’t America it might as well be Europe.

seriously.The thing about software is that the teams can work and collaborate from all around.

Seems like Palo Alto may host the full stack with some vehicle software in Canada and some ADAS focus in Serbia coming up.

But Canada doesn’t do Thanksgiving either right? Or at least they don’t seem to be thankful at the same time.
Real Thanksgiving takes place in October fyi ;) 🍁
Sponsored