Sponsored

R1TLG20BM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE vehicles
Anyone ever notice that the download happens in the background ahead of when you physically have to acknowledge the update? I just happened to check which software version I was on and at the same time it was downloading 43.2 at about 50%. Never initiated the download and always assumed that it must download and upload after command is issued. Didn't think to take a picture earlier, but where it says "preparing" it was reflecting download %

Just a fun fact, nothing more.

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.43.0 Software Version Released -- Update Details / Release Notes 20221201_134231
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Anyone ever notice that the download happens in the background ahead of when you physically have to acknowledge the update? I just happened to check which software version I was on and at the same time it was downloading 43.2 at about 50%. Never initiated the download and always assumed that it must download and upload after command is issued. Didn't think to take a picture earlier, but where it says "preparing" it was reflecting download %

Just a fun fact, nothing more.

20221201_134231.jpg
Yes. It has always done this.

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Anyone still waiting????
yes but I seem to always get it later than most. vin is in the 4xxx range so its not related. Maybe by last name since mine begins with a Z?

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Does anybody actually use this entry/exit feature? Personally I can't see how there's any adjustment to my seat and wheel that would make ingress/egress any better or easier. My Tesla had the feature, too, and it was also useless there. Maybe my size is the issue? (I'm 6'5")
I am glad it is finally here. I only use the steering wheel function - raise it up so I can lift my inside knee easily on the way out and in.

I think it depends on how people sit for this feature to be significant.
Rivian R1T R1S 2022.43.0 Software Version Released -- Update Details / Release Notes 0_16699372818855785602826544025624

I prefer racecar style positioning which contributes to my wheel change preferences.
If anyone wants to go nuts, this has been shared around by many

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Anyone else still waiting for this newer release to download to their R1? Nothing here, yet.
Mine hit today and I'm usually last to get them for some reason. But honestly, I prefer it that way. By the time I install it's been out 3-5 days and I know if there are any issues.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Mine hit today and I'm usually last to get them for some reason. But honestly, I prefer it that way. By the time I install it's been out 3-5 days and I know if there are any issues.
Mine is just now downloading. 2022.43.02. Does anyone have a different than .02 version?

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Mine is just now downloading. 2022.43.02. Does anyone have a different than .02 version?
My update 2022.43.2 just arrived and is being installed.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
In just completed the install of 2022.43.2. The seat feature worked. I was able to set it, but I did get the a driver + error notification that I’ve never had before. Driver + worked perfectly on the way home this evening before the update. The update did not fit the radio that will still not connect since the last update.

Thought I’d edit the post to add that I tried a soft reset, but it didn’t clear the error. Got in touch with service and a hard reset fixed the driver + error shown below. Will address the radio later as it is not a priority - I stream almost everything I listen to.

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.43.0 Software Version Released -- Update Details / Release Notes 734BF7C5-0D6F-4261-9881-3723B6D7AD2D

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Kneel mode is broken for me. I’ve done soft and hard resets. Not working within any driver profile.

Last edited:

Sponsored

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Kneel mode no longer works for me on an incline - I.e. my driveway.

Yes, I’ve checked it’s turned back on after the update and I’ve toggled it a couple times.

Kneeling does work on flat pavement.

Anyone else observe this? The feature is now literally 1/2 as useful as before.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
Kneel mode appears to still be working when I park around town or in the garage. I haven’t had an occasion to park on an incline yet, but it is interesting as I thought that it didn’t do it once. For some reason I assumed I opened the door too soon. I’ll have to keep an eye out.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Yes, I’ve checked it’s turned back on after the update and I’ve toggled it a couple times.

I am observing exactly this. My driveway has a mild slope and kneel mode will not work there. Will work on a flat surface though.

mecrider82

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2022 Kawasaki Vulcan Cafe
Occupation
Regulated Systems Business Analyst

I noticed the same thing is happening to me as well, and same as you our driveway is on an incline which is the only place it seems to happen, in any sort of parking lot or flat pavement it still does kneel mode. As a 5'4" female I really enjoyed kneel mode, but I agree it's now nearly useless to me. I tried the same steps of toggling it on and off a few times as well and my husband confirmed that it works the same for him in his profile also. I hope they can fix this!

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything
PAK works wayyy better for my pixel 6pro. But I think it's still too sensitive, and sometimes not sensitive enough (standing next to the door).

Before it used to unlock/lock 20 feet away.
Sponsored