Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I dont see a way to pm a person
If you click on another person's username, you should see a popup with a button that says "Start converstation".

Maddaxe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I would be interested in buying a H1 2022 delivery for up to 5k. Message me if you have one and let me know your price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would be interested in buying a H1 2022 delivery for up to 5k. Message me if you have one and let me know your price.
I think the running rate is at least 20k.

A for now, If someone would ask me what I'd be willing to get paid to part with my reservation, I'm currently at 60k per vehicle (I have an R1S and R1T each on order for 2022 delivery) due it's skyrocketing value prop vs the Silverado and F150L.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think the running rate is at least 20k.

A for now, If someone would ask me what I'd be willing to get paid to part with my reservation, I'm currently at 60k per vehicle (I have an R1S and R1T each on order for 2022 delivery) due it's skyrocketing value prop vs the Silverado and F150L.
lol, I think that's the rate for *you*. The most I've seen someone offer up is 10k, and some around 5k, and the rest less than that. If you can get 20k for a launch edition, go for it. But the demand doesn't generally seem to be there right now.

After it's delivered, maybe. But then you're also eating title, registration, and taxes in WA. And most people seem to take into consideration the tax break.

Edit: That probably came off a bit aggressive. It wasn't intended to. I just don't think the demand is there from what I've seen. And I know I wouldn't pay anywhere near 10 or 20k for a launch edition, but I also wouldn't sell my only spot in line for 10k either.

Last edited:

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
lol, I think that's the rate for *you*. The most I've seen someone offer up is 10k, and some around 5k, and the rest less than that. If you can get 20k for a launch edition, go for it. But the demand doesn't generally seem to be there right now.

After it's delivered, maybe. But then you're also eating title, registration, and taxes in WA. And most people seem to take into consideration the tax break.

Edit: That probably came off a bit aggressive. It wasn't intended to. I just don't think the demand is there from what I've seen. And I know I wouldn't pay anywhere near 10 or 20k for a launch edition, but I also wouldn't sell my only spot in line for 10k either.
It’s fine, nothing aggressive perceived . I think the overall perceived value might change as more of these announcements and timing come out.

That said, the pricing I’m willing to part with is my personal value, of course; and not the price I’m willing to pay. I personally wouldn’t pay an extra penny to get a car earlier. I’d rather lease a gap car to cover

The old 5-10k valuations were still when the delivery timelines were less known, and people seriously thought you can swing a F150L under 60k. Now that we have our delivery estimates; and Ford and GM has shown their cards (basically 2024, 2 years out for most people), and Tesla just removed “2022 deliveries” from their CT order page, the situation might shift.

RideAlong

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Porsche Panamera S + 19 Ford F-150
Occupation
Dentist
2 months + and still no takers - OP might want to reconsider his price. ???‍?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Beats 30k over MSRP for the F150 Lighting some dealerships are asking. My dealer wants 10k over, but also wouldn't even guarantee me one at that price either. Wouldn't admit it but I take it that they've already filled their initial allocation with buyers paying over 10k.

I had said, whoever calls me first, Ford or Rivian get my 2022 truck money. But I'm 100% in the Rivian camp now based on how the Ford dealers are treating people
Mine has it at msrp for all factory orders.

Sponsored

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
Beats 30k over MSRP for the F150 Lighting some dealerships are asking. My dealer wants 10k over, but also wouldn't even guarantee me one at that price either. Wouldn't admit it but I take it that they've already filled their initial allocation with buyers paying over 10k.

I had said, whoever calls me first, Ford or Rivian get my 2022 truck money. But I'm 100% in the Rivian camp now based on how the Ford dealers are treating people
Don't blame "Ford"
Dealerships are privately owned and can do what they want

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Correction
*Outdated Info Below - To be fair, my dealer later confirmed they would not charge a markup on factory Lightning orders. Ford selected me in Wave 3 and I was able to get an order placed without any prior history with this dealer.

I've heard a few are. Not mine apparently if I want one this year. The problem is that unless you have a good relationship with the dealer, there are too many people on those lists. More people than allocation that dealer will receive. Ford has straight up said they can't make enough trucks for the demand already. Sure we have the option to move dealerships to one that will charge MSRP, though it's unclear to me what happens to our places in line. If I move to your dealership and my order was initially before you, does that mean I go before you? Or do I go to the back of the line at your dealership? I suspect it's to the back of the new dealership's line.

Some people will in fact get a Lighting in 2022 at MSRP. Genuinely best of luck to you on that and I'm jealous. I've been told otherwise by the dealership I just randomly chose when doing my reservation.

Don't blame "Ford"
Dealerships are privately owned and can do what they want
Sure, that's what Ford keeps saying but at the end of the day, I and rest of the general public will blame Ford. Its 100% on them because it's their truck, their brand. No one cares about a local dealership. I'd bet the majority of buyers don't separate the dealership from the manufacture. Ford could put a stop to this but they aren't. They let it happen to the Mustang and the Bronco. Its happening on the Maverick right now. It's the way Ford chooses to do business and why I'm so glad Rivian is doing direct sales. At least with Rivian the price is the price for everyone.

Last edited:

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Sure, that's what Ford keeps saying but at the end of the day, I and rest of the general public will blame Ford. Its 100% on them because it's their truck, their brand. No one cares about a local dealership. I'd bet the majority of buyers don't separate the dealership from the manufacture.
Truth.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've heard a few are. Not mine apparently if I want one this year. The problem is that unless you have a good relationship with the dealer, there are too many people on those lists. More people than allocation that dealer will receive. Ford has straight up said they can't make enough trucks for the demand already. Sure we have the option to move dealerships to one that will charge MSRP, though it's unclear to me what happens to our places in line. If I move to your dealership and my order was initially before you, does that mean I go before you? Or do I go to the back of the line at your dealership? I suspect it's to the back of the new dealership's line.

Some people will in fact get a Lighting in 2022 at MSRP. Genuinely best of luck to you on that and I'm jealous. I've been told otherwise by the dealership I just randomly chose when doing my reservation.

Sure, that's what Ford keeps saying but at the end of the day, I and rest of the general public will blame Ford. Its 100% on them because it's their truck, their brand. No one cares about a local dealership. I'd bet the majority of buyers don't separate the dealership from the manufacture. Ford could put a stop to this but they aren't. They let it happen to the Mustang and the Bronco. Its happening on the Maverick right now. It's the way Ford chooses to do business and why I'm so glad Rivian is doing direct sales. At least with Rivian the price is the price for everyone.
Serious question - would you be interested in the F150 at MSRP? I probably won't actually use mine. If so, shoot me a message and we can see if we can figure something out.

The more looking into that I've done/heard, the more Ford is hamstrung. They can only manage allocations so much without getting in legal trouble, and they can't actually tell the dealer not to charge above MSRP. They're trying to help by facilitating moving reservations to other dealers if someone finds the issue, but the dealers are the issue. Not Ford. Honestly, what Ford should probably (but nobody would like) is increase the MSRP to meet market demand. At least that way they could reinvest the money into vehicle development.

That's the challenge for Ford though. People need to understand that the dealers are causing problems. And, honestly, be patient when looking for a vehicle.

The other issue is even if dealers keep it at MSRP, there's a shortage. So individuals (or used car dealers like Carvana) would by them up off the lot or from reservations and flip them to meet the market.

Along a similar line, I was curious about how dealers locally are pricing the ioniq 5. The first one I called in my region is selling them at MSRP. The next one I called is putting a 5k markup on it. I'm sure it's regional and dealer specific. On the east coast it sounds like massive dealer groups control the system. In the PNW, that's not quite the case as much.

AWDrift0

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap R1S, Forest Green R1T, BMW Z4
Clubs

Same.. I have a day one f150 order that i placed 30 minutes after the presentation started. My dealer said all reservations will be sold at MSRP. After the pricing came out yesterday, I have decided to just wait for my R1T.
Sponsored