shkelton

First Name
Jacek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Civic, 2009 Avanger
Hello

Not sure how things are with pre-orders and their perceived value. I have been trying to keep Rivian news out of my reach as to keep my excitement in check. That said I would be a fool not to check and see if there is a demand for these reservations. If anyone is truly interested in purchasing a spot (looking for $10K or higher) ping me. I did change my color from "El Cap Granite" to Launch Green since I was able to see both while at the Venice Hub, and the green was much nicer. The change was made mid January, so I do believe I made the Jan 31st cut off.

Delivery window email from Rivian
March - April 2022
  • R1T
  • Ordered Dec 19th 2018
  • Launch Edition
  • Large pack
  • El Cap Granite - Launch Green
  • Black Mountain interior
  • 20" All-Terrain wheels
  • Full-size spare
  • Off-Road Upgrade
Sponsored

simmoac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra, 2021 BMW X3
Occupation
Accountant
Hello

Not sure how things are with pre-orders and their perceived value. I have been trying to keep Rivian news out of my reach as to keep my excitement in check. That said I would be a fool not to check and see if there is a demand for these reservations. If anyone is truly interested in purchasing a spot (looking for $10K or higher) ping me. I did change my color from "El Cap Granite" to Launch Green since I was able to see both while at the Venice Hub, and the green was much nicer. The change was made mid January, so I do believe I made the Jan 31st cut off.

March - April 2022
  • R1T
  • Ordered Dec 19th 2018
  • Launch Edition
  • Large pack
  • 20" All-Terrain wheels
  • Full-size spare
  • Off-Road Upgrade
Would be interested in swap at a fee (currently October-December) and really want the Launch Green.

GOLFISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Ridgline, Subaru Outback, Odyssey, Prius
Hello

March - April 2022
  • R1T
  • Ordered Dec 19th 2018
  • Launch Edition
  • Large pack
  • 20" All-Terrain wheels
  • Full-size spare
  • Off-Road Upgrade
Did you get an email about January 31st cut off?
Can you share?

shkelton

First Name
Jacek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Civic, 2009 Avanger
I did not receive an email, I think I read about it someplace in the forums.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Serious question - would you be interested in the F150 at MSRP? I probably won't actually use mine. If so, shoot me a message and we can see if we can figure something out.

The more looking into that I've done/heard, the more Ford is hamstrung. They can only manage allocations so much without getting in legal trouble, and they can't actually tell the dealer not to charge above MSRP. They're trying to help by facilitating moving reservations to other dealers if someone finds the issue, but the dealers are the issue. Not Ford. Honestly, what Ford should probably (but nobody would like) is increase the MSRP to meet market demand. At least that way they could reinvest the money into vehicle development.

That's the challenge for Ford though. People need to understand that the dealers are causing problems. And, honestly, be patient when looking for a vehicle.

The other issue is even if dealers keep it at MSRP, there's a shortage. So individuals (or used car dealers like Carvana) would by them up off the lot or from reservations and flip them to meet the market.

Along a similar line, I was curious about how dealers locally are pricing the ioniq 5. The first one I called in my region is selling them at MSRP. The next one I called is putting a 5k markup on it. I'm sure it's regional and dealer specific. On the east coast it sounds like massive dealer groups control the system. In the PNW, that's not quite the case as much.
I read somewhere that Ford was forcing lightning owners to a 12 month no sale agreement in order to purchase it. I’m curious if that stick to that and force people to keep it for 12 months

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I did not receive an email, I think I read about it someplace in the forums.
The deadline was for people with early Explore or Max Pack configurations to switch to Adventure and Large Pack in order to move up to 2022 delivery. There has not been any deadline put on changing Launch Edition configurations, although any change you make could potentially affect your delivery schedule.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I read somewhere that Ford was forcing lightning owners to a 12 month no sale agreement in order to purchase it. I’m curious if that stick to that and force people to keep it for 12 months
Unenforceable. I'd love to be in that lawsuit with them, both Ford and the dealer would get terrible PR coverage.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
1. He's high-profile, easy to make a scene. I doubt they'll have a team of lawyers chasing every Lightning sold on open market.

2. "Ford GT’s hand-picked customers, who were chosen through an application process"

3. There were only 1000 made in 4 years, compared to Ford's goal of 1000 Lightnings per WEEK.
Yeah I mean I'm not saying you're wrong, I think it's crazy for that to even be a thing. But after reading a few other articles on it, it looks like Ford is distancing themselves from it and are just giving the provision to the dealerships as an optional thing and it's up to the dealers to enforce, at least according to https://www.pcmag.com/news/ford-combats-f-150-lightning-scalping-with-no-sale-provision

IMO once you buy it it's yours, but if you're forced to sign something when you buy it saying you won't sell it, I personally don't see how that isn't enforceable since you signed it. But I'm also not a lawyer, so this is all german to me anyways

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not really. Their letter to dealers basically said that they wouldn't fight dealers from doing that if the dealer deals the need to.

Also, that's not legal in all States. Or that's at least what the letter implied.

Mbxmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T White with 22s
Occupation
Construction
I have a Launch Edition Launch Green with a March April delivery. Not sure if Toade found one yet. I also live in Santa Barbara. Toade if you are out there, are you still looking?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I have a Launch Edition Launch Green with a March April delivery. Not sure if Toade found one yet. I also live in Santa Barbara. Toade if you are out there, are you still looking?
Buy it, flip it on eBay and set the marketplace price for early L.E. Rivian trucks. Pretty sure it will fetch well north of $100k. Keep it for about a month (not required) so you can sleep better taking the $7,500 tax credit as well.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Bring a Trailer, Meccum, Barrett Jackson are also options. BAT has a $5K max sellers fee.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Buy it, flip it on eBay and set the marketplace price for early L.E. Rivian trucks. Pretty sure it will fetch well north of $100k. Keep it for about a month (not required) so you can sleep better taking the $7,500 tax credit as well.
Run this plan by your accountant first, it should give them a good laugh. Bad advice is bad advice. But don't take the internet's word for it, just check with your accountant/financial advisor.

The only place people are desperate to buy Rivians is this forum so trying to get someone to buy your deposit on here is the way to go.
Sponsored