Clubs

... forgot to add speak to your tax adviser... or Frank :p
Sponsored

ssiminou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Aston Martin Vantage
Given what first edition Broncos are selling at, what rumored market price is for Hummer EV (some are saying $100k over...which is ridiculous, but it could very well sell for $50k over for an early truck), and the high F150 Lightning pricing set by Ford, the very first R1Ts may fetch ~$130k+...if not more!

Mbxmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T White with 22s
Occupation
Construction
Honestly I’m not even sure I want to buy it. Just watched the TFL video on towing and was feeling a little down. But after I sat here and thought about it, i realize it stills makes sense financially to keep it for work around town and keep my old truck for towing trips. Sorry not trying to waste any bodies time.

simmoac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra, 2021 BMW X3
Occupation
Accountant
I have a Launch Edition Launch Green with a March April delivery. Not sure if Toade found one yet. I also live in Santa Barbara. Toade if you are out there, are you still looking?
I do. Sold my truck already and the bi-weekly trips to the groomer in wife’s SUV with a 150 pound dog is putting marriage in jeopardy!

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I have a Launch Edition Launch Green with a March April delivery. Not sure if Toade found one yet. I also live in Santa Barbara. Toade if you are out there, are you still looking?
I did end up getting one. If you end up keeping yours... It'll be a race to see who gets theirs first.

And definitely don't take the advice of buying the truck to then try and flip it. Such bad advice. Taxes kill much of the profit. Just sell the reservation.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

And definitely don't take the advice of buying the truck to then try and flip it. Such bad advice. Taxes kill much of the profit. Just sell the reservation
Respectfully, I disagree. Perhaps for you, but everyone's situation is different. State by state, person by person.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Respectfully, I disagree. Perhaps for you, but everyone's situation is different. State by state, person by person.
I also agree with Riviot. The vehicle market in general is crazy right now and I think once there are a few on the secondary market, they will command a pretty big premium especially due to the wait time. Then again, it's a gamble but it's also a gamble to sell a reservation for a few thousand if the trucks command $10's of thousands once they are out there and for sale. Selling the reservation is the safe bet but probably will leave a bunch on the table.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I also agree with Riviot. The vehicle market in general is crazy right now and I think once there are a few on the secondary market, they will command a pretty big premium especially due to the wait time. Then again, it's a gamble but it's also a gamble to sell a reservation for a few thousand if the trucks command $10's of thousands once they are out there and for sale. Selling the reservation is the safe bet but probably will leave a bunch on the table.
While I don't disagree that the math changes by State, many have sales tax on vehicles as well as significant registration fees. In WA, our sales tax and registration (particularly in the ST tax region) wipes out the federal tax credit. So you'd then have to bet that you can sale above MSRP to make anything. If you know you can make say... $3,000 on the reservation you're starting gamble at privately selling above MSRP by quite a bit. Personally I don't think I'd find the stress of having to deal with that worth it.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
While I don't disagree that the math changes by State, many have sales tax on vehicles as well as significant registration fees. In WA, our sales tax and registration (particularly in the ST tax region) wipes out the federal tax credit. So you'd then have to bet that you can sale above MSRP to make anything. If you know you can make say... $3,000 on the reservation you're starting gamble at privately selling above MSRP by quite a bit. Personally I don't think I'd find the stress of having to deal with that worth it.
Normally I would agree with you but when normal cars like a Kia SUV are being sold at a markup over MSRP by dealers I think the upside is going to be much more than others are willing to pay for a reservation. Who actually knows when those reservations will be fulfilled since Rivian has been pretty bad with communicating. I think when someone sees and actual truck on the ground that is available to purchase from someone that same day, the premiums will be big for the first several months.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Normally I would agree with you but when normal cars like a Kia SUV are being sold at a markup over MSRP by dealers I think the upside is going to be much more than others are willing to pay for a reservation. Who actually knows when those reservations will be fulfilled since Rivian has been pretty bad with communicating. I think when someone sees and actual truck on the ground that is available to purchase from someone that same day, the premiums will be big for the first several months.
Don't forget though, that when someone buys from a dealer with a markup, they still get the tax credit. You dont when buying used. Almost everyone I've talked to prices that in to their math. It's just a question of risk tolerance.

Sponsored

Dawgfather

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Sales
I am interested in purchasing a spot earlier than my current H2 2023 R1S. Is there a specific spot on the forum where people are buying/selling? I am trying to gauge what premium I need to prepare to pay to receive vehicle in summer or fall of 2022. Thanks for any pointers.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I am interested in purchasing a spot earlier than my current H2 2023 R1S. Is there a specific spot on the forum where people are buying/selling? I am trying to gauge what premium I need to prepare to pay to receive vehicle in summer or fall of 2022. Thanks for any pointers.
Here? About $45,000. ?

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Are there any folks who have expected delivery in the second half of 2022 for a R1T and would like to sell their reservation, msg me.

TheEnthusiast

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
I have a launch edition anticipated to be delivered April/May. Message me if you would be interested in it.
Sponsored