SonsofOdin

Banned
First Name
Odin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If anyone is planning on cancelling a reservation regardless, I would be interested in purchasing it for $2250 including your 1K deposit, If the logistics can be worked out. If not, I'll just continue to wait till 23' when I'm up in que. I have a model SP90D. Back in the day, I secured 2 day ONE Model 3 reservations after waiting hours in line at the Northern VA Tesla store . Ultimately, I ended up not ordering either model 3's , & had visions of auctioning off the reservations, but ultimately no one bite at attempts to sell these reservations for a little to nothing fee. I ultimately cancelled both reservations, and without compensation. Folks cancel reservations for a lot of reasons and majority if not all get zero dollars for them, except the initial deposit. If anyone is planning on cancelling a LE reservation between Feb - Jun 22', I would be interested, please hit me up.
LMAO yeah good luck with that. I have turned down 3 offers already and all were above 15k. As more and more deliveries are made and hype keeps building and the more people hear about these, the prices for selling a reservation (early deliveries) and actual rivians are going to skyrocket. We will see rivians selling for 150k mark my words. Ill reply here in the future with a link and a "told you so". 75k or 150k is essentially the same when it comes to people with money and when you have money and want something that is low in supply and high demand youll pay to get it. Rivians are very limited in supply and will continue to be for a while. Especially with all of the supply chain problems.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
I was forced to buy a new truck last month. Could not wait any longer. I just had a lengthy conversation with my wife about the R1S and she does not want it. I have already been contacted by an interested party who made an unsolicited offer and stated that my reservation can be transferred. I have not in any way confirmed this.

1/5/2019 Denver-based reservation. This is my current configuration:

* Launch Edition $73,000
  • Large pack Included
  • LA Silver Included
  • 20” All-Terrain wheels Included
  • Full-size spare $800
  • Off-Road Upgrade $2,000
  • Black Mountain
  • All-weather Mats $175
  • Field Kit $150
  • Air Compressor Accessories $60
Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now March - April 2022.

The Denver sales and service office is very close to being open. So the window might be good.

red76lt

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
I was forced to buy a new truck last month. Could not wait any longer. I just had a lengthy conversation with my wife about the R1S and she does not want it. I have already been contacted by an interested party who made an unsolicited offer and stated that my reservation can be transferred. I have not in any way confirmed this.

1/5/2019 Denver-based reservation. This is my current configuration:

* Launch Edition $73,000
  • Large pack Included
  • LA Silver Included
  • 20” All-Terrain wheels Included
  • Full-size spare $800
  • Off-Road Upgrade $2,000
  • Black Mountain
  • All-weather Mats $175
  • Field Kit $150
  • Air Compressor Accessories $60
Your Launch Edition R1T delivery window is now March - April 2022.

The Denver sales and service office is very close to being open. So the window might be good.
I sent you a message. I am interested.

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
Long time listener, First time caller

I have a reservation of 64xx.

My Rivian email states March to April for delivery.

I was able to get an early lightning res as well and actually been contacted by my dealer that it should be middle of next year which is fine on my time table.

What is the current interest a pre order sale?

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My two cents: Take delivery and then try to resell. I think you would make the most money this way rather than sell a reservation for peanuts. ?‍♂

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
My two cents: Take delivery and then try to resell. I think you would make the most money this way rather than sell a reservation for peanuts. ?‍♂
I really doubt it. You're going to pay taxes, registration, etc.. and hope there is a market for a used EV. As soon as there are 1,000 or so Rivians sold they'll start popping up used at dealerships when they get traded in by people that realize they aren't actually ready for an EV.

People see the Lightning markups and such and get giddy about the R1T/S aftermarket value but it's a different situation. If every Ford dealership is marking up a Lightning then the markup is effectively MSRP; you can ALWAYS get a R1T/S at MSRP just with a little patience, plus you'll get the $7,500 tax rebate.

You also run the risk of getting blacklisted by Rivian, as I guarantee you they don't want people buying their cars just to flip them.

If you can get 5k-10k for selling a LE reservation, run that money to the bank. It's risk free. This "buy an $80k mass produced car and flip it" plan is goofy and one of the areas where this forum gets a little Tesla cultish.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
To take delivery taxes, tags and fees would be close to 10k. That makes no sense to me.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I really doubt it. You're going to pay taxes, registration, etc.. and hope there is a market for a used EV. As soon as there are 1,000 or so Rivians sold they'll start popping up used at dealerships when they get traded in by people that realize they aren't actually ready for an EV.

People see the Lightning markups and such and get giddy about the R1T/S aftermarket value but it's a different situation. If every Ford dealership is marking up a Lightning then the markup is effectively MSRP; you can ALWAYS get a R1T/S at MSRP just with a little patience, plus you'll get the $7,500 tax rebate.

You also run the risk of getting blacklisted by Rivian, as I guarantee you they don't want people buying their cars just to flip them.

If you can get 5k-10k for selling a LE reservation, run that money to the bank. It's risk free. This "buy an $80k mass produced car and flip it" plan is goofy and one of the areas where this forum gets a little Tesla cultish.
I’m not advocating reselling it…if I were so inclined, my sales price would be north of 6 figs…there are yahoos out there with ridiculous money that would bite. The Rivian is special. The Lightning isn’t. It looks just like every other F-150 except with light bars front and rear.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
To take delivery taxes, tags and fees would be close to 10k. That makes no sense to me.
The $7500 tax credit for the original purchaser which I think can be taken no matter if you resell it would negate the tax and registration fees etc. I’m really just shooting the breeze here and have no intention of selling unless I was made a ridiculous offer.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Really depends. In WA we have sales tax and title+registration that isn't insignificant.

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
If anyone needs to let go of their launch edition order, I would be interested in taking it over. Hit me up please. Nothing too ridiculous!

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The $7500 tax credit for the original purchaser which I think can be taken no matter if you resell it would negate the tax and registration fees etc. I’m really just shooting the breeze here and have no intention of selling unless I was made a ridiculous offer.
You cannot take the federal tax credit if you buy the vehicle for resale

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

As soon as there are 1,000 or so Rivians sold they'll start popping up used at dealerships when they get traded in by people that realize they aren't actually ready for an EV.
Is this really a thing? I’m sure somebody has bought and EV and then decided “they aren’t actually ready.” But is this common? I’ve never known somebody who did this. Looking at Carvana there are 163 2021/2022 Model 3s for sale but their prices are similar to and in some cases higher than new. Kelly Blue Book has the price of a $5000 more for a 2021 model 3 than a 2022.
Note we will be able to test your theory In a few weeks. As Rivian is close to 1000 sold.

cc4711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2018 Challenger Hellcat
Order 16xx
March-April '22 Delivery Window
Launch Edition Green
Forest Edge Interior

I don't need to let my reservation go, but if someone REALLY wants an earlier spot, let me know.
Sponsored